Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy brass standoff screws in dublin

Options
  • 06-08-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

ive run out of brass standoffs (the screw you use to connect your mobo to the case) and im wondering where in dublin i could get them? I've tried maplins and peats but cant find them on their websites. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

you could try marxcomputers in clontarf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

illumin wrote: »
    ive run out of brass standoffs (the screw you use to connect your mobo to the case) and im wondering where in dublin i could get them? I've tried maplins and peats but cant find them on their websites. Thanks in advance :)

How many do you need? If its just a handful I've got some spares lying around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Peats sell cases. Even if they don't advertise the standoffs outright, they might sell you some. They could raid one of their cases as long as they remember not to sell it without replacing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

How many do you have? Your motherboard doesn't need to be screwed in with all the contact points. As long as you can get the edge ones, and a middle one, that should be fine. You can always god back and replace them later if you want to anyway.

Also worth a mention: stand-offs can differ from case to case; the motherboard tray isn't always at the same level relative to the I/O shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

deconduo wrote: »
    How many do you need? If its just a handful I've got some spares lying around the place.

I just had a root through my lill box of spares and I have 2 you can have aswell.
    Will post em to ya if you want em:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

maplins sell them too, i bought a box with a bunch of all the common spare screws and otherstuff that you'd use in system building.

Advertisement