Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

children on facebook

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

harr wrote: »
    A friend of mine let his 10 year have a FB page but he checks it on a daily basis and he has to approve what photos and friends she has,this was the agreement they came to ether that or no page at all..he will give her the privacy she wants when she gets to 14 or so,but i think he has the right approach to the things for the age she is.

I have a friend did exactly the same - she was getting her ear bent on a daily basis as the kid wanted a mobile phone - she let her have a fb page as a compromise but she has set the privacy setting for her and only family and approved school friends are allowed etc. She checks it daily and approves any friend requests etc. I think her daughter mainly uses it to play mindjolt games.

I dont see any harm in that but dont agree with unsupervised use.

Advertisement