Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chokes

• 06-08-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

thinking of getting some more chokes for the browning 525 supreme gold, how much should i expect to pay for them? is it beter to get them off local dealer or has anyone ever got them off e-bay or somewhere like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

you will be doing well to get them for under €50 a pop here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bayliner wrote: »
    thinking of getting some more chokes for the browning 525 supreme gold, how much should i expect to pay for them? is it beter to get them off local dealer or has anyone ever got them off e-bay or somewhere like that?

I got a Remmy choke off sam@intershoot.co.uk for €45 including postage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

homerhop wrote: »
    you will be doing well to get them for under €50 a pop here.
    these are exterior chokes too, so i was thinkin prob be around 60 each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

these are exterior chokes too, so i was thinkin prob be around 60 each?

Have you tried looking here?

Not sure if they will suit your gun but worth a look.

dev110 wrote: »
    Have you tried looking here?

Not sure if they will suit your gun but worth a look.
    had a look there, i think they suit,
    priced at 27euro on cabelas but wont ship them internationally:rolleyes:.
    thanks for the replies lads, will keep looking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

had a look there, i think they suit,
    priced at 27euro on cabelas but wont ship them internationally:rolleyes:.
    thanks for the replies lads, will keep looking

http://www.euroguns.co.uk/category/browning/1000000000000198.aspx

There is more chokes here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Bayliner,
    Some words of wisdom.

(1) Get the extended so you don't have to be f€cking with keys. Extended/ported while you are at it.

(2) Don't get lulled into thinking that you need more chokes. You may want them, but probably not need them.

A good shot is a good shot. When you are shooting well, it doesn't matter if you have a turkey choke or skeet.

I see lads showing up to the range with 10+ chokes and constantly fiddling with them. In the end, they cannot shoot and blame the choke. They missed it because, well, they missed, not because they have M instead of M.

Don't get me wrong, I have a few extras like turkey and skeet that I use often. But at the range, the standard ones supplied with the shotgun will do.

Which chokes do you have? All you really need is F, M, IC, and C. With that said, all I seem to use is F and Skeet. Full for trap and skeet, you guessed it, for skeet.

Slan

FISMA wrote: »
    Bayliner,
    Some words of wisdom.

(1) Get the extended so you don't have to be f€cking with keys. Extended/ported while you are at it.

(2) Don't get lulled into thinking that you need more chokes. You may want them, but probably not need them.

A good shot is a good shot. When you are shooting well, it doesn't matter if you have a turkey choke or skeet.

I see lads showing up to the range with 10+ chokes and constantly fiddling with them. In the end, they cannot shoot and blame the choke. They missed it because, well, they missed, not because they have M instead of M.

Don't get me wrong, I have a few extras like turkey and skeet that I use often. But at the range, the standard ones supplied with the shotgun will do.

Which chokes do you have? All you really need is F, M, IC, and C. With that said, all I seem to use is F and Skeet. Full for trap and skeet, you guessed it, for skeet.

Slan
    ah yeah, im not too fussed about them i have C IC M IM. i was thinking of getting another C and another M and maybe 2 F... 2 half(m) chokes will shoot anything i suppose so that and fulls for rangy stuff i was thinking:).

i have cut down on chopping and changing cartridges, so if i get the half choke i reckon will try to stick to 2 halves and leave them in, thats the theory anyway:D........ till i start missing:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I ordered a Turkey choke for the start of the Duck season :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

just get yourself a quarter for the bottom barrel and a half choke for the top, in extended and ported and forget about the rest,then choose the right cartridge for the right occasion,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

ah yeah, im not too fussed about them i have C IC M IM. i was thinking of getting another C and another M and maybe 2 F... 2 half(m) chokes will shoot anything i suppose so that and fulls for rangy stuff i was thinking:).

i have cut down on chopping and changing cartridges, so if i get the half choke i reckon will try to stick to 2 halves and leave them in, thats the theory anyway:D........ till i start missing:rolleyes:

I can see a difference when I shoot skeet through a skeet choke or an Extra Full for ducks along the Shannon.

When it comes to trap, I cannot really tell the difference between M, C, or IC. It usually only matters what kind of a day I am having.

As Tack said, a Turkey choke is about the tightest there is. Those birds have great eyesight.

Advertisement