Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning Re: Federal Powershok 117gr for .25-06

• 06-08-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Had a round the bolt wouldn't close on today while shooting. When I examined it, the neck was bulged and split to the shoulder (Can't get a photo with decent resolution and in which the glare doesn't hide the split). The lot was U34X742. I'm going to examine the rest of the ones I have but just in case there was an issue with this lot I thought I'd let people know in case they want to check their stock. Not an issue while zeroing today, but it could jam up a rifle if you were reloading quickly while hunting, or worse, fit in a less tight chamber and have the case fail. Worth checking guys if you have any of this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Image0101.jpg?t=1312663634

This highlights the bulge in the neck. Can't get any angle to reveal the split in the case neck. Suffice to say it's from the mouth right down to the slope of the shoulder. Worth keeping an eye out.

Advertisement