Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite FIFA moment?

Options
  • 06-08-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭

I think I just had what will go down as my favourite FIFA moment.

I was playing a random team game to pass a few minutes and there was one guy on my team who would just never pass the ball to me or anyone. Even by random team game standards it was getting ridiculous. I was on the wing and would run the line in typical fashion waiting dutifully for a pass that never came. I'd be tonnes of space on the wing and he'd get the ball, cut inside and then try for the shot.

Anyway, at HT I sent him a PM saying "Why don't you try passing the ball" and I got back a rude reply involving the word "noob" and a colourful description of what I should do to my mother. I'm ashamed to say I get into a bit of verbals and was criticising his play and it goes back and forth for a few PM's.

He eventually challenges me to a 1 on 1 game. Now I've seen this guy playing and I figure I'll have enough to beat him (after all I was the one criticising his play in the first place).

The Game

So the game begins. It's surprisingly even. He starts better than I expected. I'm making most of the shots on goal but he's getting a few in too. Just before half time he breaks away and scores. A simple lack of concentration on my part and I’ve been punished. Of course to top it off I am made to endure the typical "watch my 3 replays" bull**** for my pains.

Half-time 1-0 to him.

I'm bricking it now because I've just called this guy out as a chump and he's beating me. Anyway second half begins. I'm getting stronger and start to dominate, but I'm not getting that vital equaliser. Game is going on and I'm in control but still losing. Then on about 65mins he breaks! One-on-one with my goalkeeper and BANG. Now he's winning 2-0. I'm ****ed! I'm going to have to eat humble pie in a minute.

At around 70mins he goes into manager mode to make a sub and I decide to check the stats (he's 6/4 on shots and I'm something like 24/18). I can’t believe I’m losing with those numbers but I decide to take strength from the fact I’m getting a lot of shots in. So I just say "pull yourself together" you're dominating this game you can still get a goal and then who knows what might happen.

The mantra works.

• 75 mins. I whip in a cross to the near post, my striker heads it across goal and in off the far post. 1-2.
    • 83 mins Ball falls in the box. I get a toe on it and in from about 8 yards. 2-2!!

This means Extra time.

He’s obviously run his guys too much by this point. His guys are spent and mine are fresh as daises. I can sense it and I decide to try take advantage. Lots of neat short passing. Triangles all over the place and he doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

• 96mins I fire a long range shot in, goalie parries it and I half-volley it back in. It comes off the post and in. 3-2
    • 99min. I get a corner. Whip it in and a typical corner headed goal. 4-2
    • 104mis I get one-on-one with the goalie. Chip him and in. 5-2
    Full time 5-2 win. (bear in mind I was 0-2 down at 75mins and about to eat humble pie).

But here's the one that takes the biscuit. After the game he says "What score was it?" I go "5-2". He replies back "oh my brother was playing." I just reply back "lol. whatever" and praise his 'brother' on taking a 2-0 lead against me.

Childish but fun. The end. :)

==

So what was your favourite FIFA moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Managing, after many attempts, to get the world's top ranked player (on PS3) into another game. I had played him before and he trounced me due to his highly-modified Tottenham team. Anyway, he joined my session. We had exchanged a few harsh words after the last meeting, and this led us to hastily start the match without making use of team management. Little did he know, we were to play with manual controls!

I play all my matches like this. Needless to say, I raced into a 2-0 lead by half time. A grin of satisfaction stretched across my face with everyone of his misplaced passes, hopeless crosses and wild shots. I scored another goal before he put his controller down. Three more followed amongst a barrage of angry messages. Shamed and incredulous, he eventually quit on the 90 minute mark. Revenge had been served.

Advertisement