Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need an adaptor/transformer

• 06-08-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if i'm in the right forum:o I am looking for a transformer
    input 230v -50HZ
    output 6v - 200ma

does anyone know where i can buy one? i've checked all the ones i have at home but they are all either 3v or 12v output, i checked Amazon and the one they have doesn't get good reviews. Where could i get my hands on one of these? It's for a kids toy so i'm deperate :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

In what way do they not get good reviews?
    Anyway, you should be able to pick up an adjustable voltage one in an electrical store. Maybe Power City.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

some of the reviews say the charger/adapter works the first time you plug the thing in for the first time for 8 hours but when you try to charge it again after that it doesn't charge.I have looked on the powercity website and didn't see anything on it that do adapters/chargers for the output i need, though their website is'nt the best anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Power City sell a DC adaptor with selectable voltage (3/6/9/12V) and reversible polarity with multiple adapters on the end of the cable, you should be able to connect it to any toy or gadget. Look for it on the accessories rack, it's not an item I'd expect to see on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I got one in Powercity today, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

casio4 wrote: »
    I got one in Powercity today, thanks :)

Your welcome

• Advertisement
Advertisement