Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless intercom for gates

Options
  • 06-08-2011 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

recently got a quote of 250 euro for a comelit wireless intercom , interestiingly , the equivelent landline intercom is only 50 euro , got me wondering if this is a bargain basement wireless intercom , afterall , the wireless is always much more expensive , perhaps 250 euro is too cheap for a quality wireless

btw , is comelit a decent make

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

They are a good make, have you got the type he is selling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

irishh_bob wrote: »
    recently got a quote of 250 euro for a comelit wireless intercom , interestiingly , the equivelent landline intercom is only 50 euro , got me wondering if this is a bargain basement wireless intercom , afterall , the wireless is always much more expensive , perhaps 250 euro is too cheap for a quality wireless

btw , is comelit a decent make

Comelit are an excellent make, hence they do not do wireless intercoms. Where did the word wireless come from?

The unit Comelit have is a call station which connects onto the mains supply at the gate or entry door. The handset can be plugged in where ever in the same building ie the same fuse board, The electricity is the medium for the communications.

Therefore its not too cheap but I would urge you to get a professional to install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

kub wrote: »
    Comelit are an excellent make, hence they do not do wireless intercoms. Where did the word wireless come from?

The unit Comelit have is a call station which connects onto the mains supply at the gate or entry door. The handset can be plugged in where ever in the same building ie the same fuse board, The electricity is the medium for the communications.

Therefore its not too cheap but I would urge you to get a professional to install it.

a professional is installing it but i was struck by your comment about wireless intercoms , i take it you dont recomend them , perhaps comelit dont make wireless intercoms but the local electrical wholesaler ( wesco ) tried to convince me that comelit do sell a wireless comelit intercom but perhaps i have my details wrong

my entrance is around 70 mrts from the house , i have no problem putting an underground power cable from the gate up to the house but bringing a cable for the intercom is more problematic , therefore , the electrician suggested we go for a wireles ( his words ) intercom which you just attach to the pier entrance and of course fit the other part of the unit in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Comlit do a GSM unit, is that what was recommended?

well it wasnt refered to as a GSM , why , what are they like compared to a wireless unit

ps

i spoke to national automation in longford today , they told me comelit dont do a wireless intercom , they themselves sell a wireless intercom , its a DAITEM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Daitem are a good brand, my gate installation partner really rates them.
    Me I like the powercom panels, both are available from nationam automation in Boyle, not sure who you spoke to in Longford

Jnealon wrote: »
    Daitem are a good brand, my gate installation partner really rates them.
    Me I like the powercom panels, both are available from nationam automation in Boyle, not sure who you spoke to in Longford

spoke to cormac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I don't think that Comelit actually manufacture this, I was told by their Ireland tech rep, that some company up North are bastardising their kits with Gsm units-bit of a DIY job.

Advertisement