Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options
  • 06-08-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I purchased a groupon from citydeal for a luxury food hamper from chefs garden direct. They guarantee next day delivery and I placed my order yesterday morning at 8.30am and requested delivery today. However it is now 7.30pm and no sign of my delivery. I have tried contacting their offices and also the mobile number available on the site, No answer and no reply to my voicemails or emails. Very disappointed as I thought this was going to be a great service and very convenient for us in the future. I dont think I will be using them again and would like a full refund as I will not be available again to receive delivery until next weekend. Does anyone know if I am entitled to a refund? Or would I have to go to Citydeal for a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Delivery Terms

All Dublin orders over €50.00 get delivery free of charge and orders under €50.00 have a set charge of €7.50

Our on-line ordering facility is open 24 hours a day, 7 day a week. Food Delivery services include Dublin delivery. Orders are processed by our staff here at Chef Garden shop from Monday to Saturday 9am - 5pm. Once your order is processed before 9.00pm , it will be delivered to your home the following day.

Therefore, if your order is placed on a Monday morning, it will be delivered to your home on Tuesday. If your order is placed on a Saturday night, it will be processed on Monday morning and delivered to your home on Tuesday, or you may choose a day to suit you on our checkout.

when do we deliver?

Order Before
    Earliest delivery
    9 p.m. Monday
    Tuesday 12.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m.
    9 p.m. Tuesday
    Wednesday 12.00 p.m - 9.00 p.m
    9 p.m. Wednesday
    Thursday 12.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m
    9 p.m. Thursday
    Friday 12.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m
    9 p.m. Friday
    Saturday 12.00 p.m - 6.00 p.m.
    Unfortunately, we are presently unable to deliver on a Sunday and Bank Holidays.

Our quality food delivery services run on Monday to Saturday.

http://www.chefsgardendirect.ie/del.php

it looks like they are at fault here,you should contact CityDeal asap OP

Contact
    e-mail: support@citydeal.ie
    Phone: 1-800-936-927
    Fax: +44 20 7900 3753

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The only thing I can think of is that they deliver Mon-Fri only, and if you order on a Friday, then next day delivery would mean Monday. However, this is only a guess on my part. [EDIT - I stand corrected, see above]

It's also possible that they were swamped by the volume of Groupon orders. I think that I saw 2,000 vouchers were sold (IIRC).

If you want a refund, then you need to contact Groupon, as that is where you purchased the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

The voucher was only available from the 06th of August. So if you placed the order on the 05th, it could explain why they didn't acknowledge it on that date

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vadge

Absolutely atrocious service, worst I have encountered in a long time. I placed my order last week, due for delivery approx 1pm yesterday. I stay in waiting for hours, no sign. Both contact numbers are unreachable consistently, in fact the landline provided doesn't appear to exist! At 6pm, while I'm out, obviously haven given up hours ago, driver calls and says he's outside. So, without fighting, I simply arrange for him to drop it to me today, doesnt give a time. Again, like an eejit, I sit in all day waiting for them, still unreachable all day, send a mail, get nothing back. Fairly livid at this stage come 5 o'clock, so I ring the drivers number. He hasn't a clue what Im on about, asks my name, goes off for about 10mins and eventually comes back and says 'eehhhhh that'll be out to you tomorrow between 3 and 5'. I ask why, he simply doesn't even reply. Absolutely infuriating. Im starting to think its a scam of some sort. Sure feels like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Vouchers were only redeemable from the 6th...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Has anyone had anything delivered from these yet and had a good experience? Am beginning to get a little worried now due my delivery Fri.

You can contact them by email. They seem to have good reviews so it could just be bad luck. I've had good and bad experiences with other retailers, Superquinn never failed me until the last time when it took me 4 days to get my order correctly delivered in full and a refund of items that had been delivered to someone else in error

I'll be using my voucher soon.

Found this in one of the threads in the Offers section. That should answer you concerns. They had a sudden influx of customers, I understand why it takes a bit longer than normal

Welcome to Chefs Garden Direct…
    1: To redeem your city deal click the hamper you have brought and PLACE IN SHOPPING CART
    2: Next type in your voucher code in the voucher box making sure that you have typed in the correct code
    3: YOU CANNNOT PLACE ANY ORDERS BEFORE SATURDAY 6TH AUGUST
    4: WHEN PLACING ORDERS PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 3 – 4 WORKING DAYS FOR YOU DELIVERY.... DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND
    5: REMEMBER YOUR VOUCHER IS VALID FOR 3 MONTHS
    6: Don't forget with this great value you can still add more items to your shopping basket
    7: If you have any problems please call grace on 01 429 8020

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vadge

Nanazolie wrote: »
    You can contact them by email.

They do not reply. Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kasycas

Emailed them on Sunday an again today with no reply to either! Not having any success over the phone. Why don't companies put a cap on the number of deals they sell?! Should be mandatory for services, so annoying! Ended up in lidl today instead :(

• Advertisement

The delay for deliveries has been extended to 8-10 days on their website

Viewing Groupon Deal

Thursday 11th, August

Welcome to Chefs Garden Direct…
    1: To redeem your city deal click the hamper you have brought and PLACE IN SHOPPING CART
    2: Next type in your voucher code in the voucher box making sure that you have typed in the correct code
    3: YOU CANNNOT PLACE ANY ORDERS BEFORE SATURDAY 6TH AUGUST
    4: WHEN PLACING ORDERS PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 8 – 10 WORKING DAYS FOR YOU DELIVERY.... DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND
    5: REMEMBER YOUR VOUCHER IS VALID FOR 3 MONTHS
    6: Don't forget with this great value you can still add more items to your shopping basket
    7: If you have any problems please call grace on 01 429 8020

I really think it is still reasonable, considering the offer. You just have to plan and order now if you want your delivery by saturday week. And if you wait a while (the voucher is valid for 3 months), the demand might have gone down and deliveries resumed to normal. Plus you increase the chances of the order being delivered in full, because I really think there will be some items out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Huggleknits

I too am waiting patiently for delivery (due this morning) no contact.

I understand that they have been inundated with orders, thousands in fact, but that does not excuse the inability to contact them - by either phone or email -
    If we have purchased the deal then someone is holding our money.......

If they dont rectify their lack of communication they will definitely loose potential future customers.

Also, I wonder how many of the favourable comments are real?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Nanazolie wrote: »
    The delay for deliveries has been extended to 8-10 days on their website

Not much cop really. It's not like ordering a tv or clothing. It's fresh fruit, meat, fish. 10 days is a long way ahead to be planning, and the window is too big. What if your order comes after 3 days and you had planned for 10 days?

wyndham wrote: »
    Not much cop really. It's not like ordering a tv or clothing. It's fresh fruit, meat, fish. 10 days is a long way ahead to be planning, and the window is too big. What if your order comes after 3 days and you had planned for 10 days?

It's highly unlikely, IMO.
    I guess it depends on your personal circumstances, availability, budget, etc... I have enough tins, rice, pasta and frozen vegs to feed a family of 4 for 10 days so for me it's a good thing because I can actually clear my cupboards and freezer. I also shop for fresh food almost on a daily basis to insure freshness so I wouldn't stock fruits and vegs for 10 days. And we haven't had fish (except tinned) or meat (except ham) in a long long time so this offer is a godsend for us. I calculated that I can feed my familly for 3 weeks (adding extra fresh fruits and vegs, potatoes and rice, milk and yogurts) with the basket.

I agree that their lack of communication will eventually let them down. I saw on other websites that the first customers to order were able to reach them but the phone has been busy ever since and they don't reply to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SmoosBoo

If you want a refund, then you need to contact Groupon, as that is where you purchased the deal.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too sure about the customer service from Groupon. I had a complaint about a service I purchased from Citydeals - basically the service provider did not provide the service they were supposed to. I contacted the service provider and Groupon. The replies form Groupon were less than satisfactory.

"Hi Xxxx
    Thanks for getting in touch with us.
    We are sorry you feel you did not get the most out of this particular deal.
    At this stage, because you have already had the service from the partner, we would advise to contact the partner directly to discuss.
    If we can be of any assistance after, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us again.
    Yours sincerely,
    Customer Service"

After I replied that as they were who I purchased the deal from it was up to them to refund me or at least intervene with the service provider on my behalf, this is the reply I received:

"Thanks for getting back to us.
    I am afraid you would need to take your complaint up with the partner directly, or should have took it up with them already.
    Citydeal/Groupon provides the service that enables you to buy your voucher at a discounted price; none of us here are trained in xxx xxxxxxxx or anything similar, so any requests for information should be directed towards the correct source.
    Have you discussed any of this with the partbner yet?
    As I put in my previous mail, the partner is due to redeem the voucher with ourselves soon and will expect payment. If you have any problem with the service you received you should discuss with them directly before the present your used voucher.
    Yours sincerely,"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

dudara wrote: »
    If you want a refund, then you need to contact Groupon, as that is where you purchased the deal.
    SmoosBoo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure about the customer service from Groupon.

I've had good and bad experiences with these Groupon/Citydeal voucher thingies so I'm not defending them, I would hesitate to recommend the system at all to be honest.

But the problem you have here is that you redeemed the voucher, once you do that the relationship shifts from between you and Groupon to between you and the supplier.

If you have a problem with the service, Groupon/Citydeal can (and will) refund you but NOT if you've already redeemed the voucher ... they're obliged to pay over to the partner once it's redeemed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

Its a shame that this is happening with Chefs Garden. I have been using them for a few months and their sevice has always been really good. The food is so fresh much better than the supermarkets. Hope they can get back to normal soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Miriam Seal

Hi Y'all. I also bought a groupon voucher and tried to order online on the Monday 8th. I couldnt get the delivery charge removed (delivery was supposed to be included). Anyhow, I asked for delivery today (Friday 12th) for the evening. However, have had no confirmation, can't get through on the phone line and their website is "under construction". Not getting a good feeling about the whole thing. I feel they should have been prepared for this, they knew it was coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Miriam Seal

I'm afraid Im losing any interest I had in using this company. I also bought voucher, and on Monday 8th placed my order, asked for delivery this evening but haven't heard a thing. Can't get through on phones, and their website is now down. Doesnt give me a good feeling about the whole thing. I hope they sort it out, I was quite impressed with what they were offering and was planning to use them again. Lets be honest here, they knew what was being offered and should have been ready for it. This could make or break a company in these recessionary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 J1914

I got online 2pm on the 6th of August to order my hamper for Tuesday the 9th, but like Miriam Seal I could not recalculate the amount and get rid of the delivery fee, I placed the order anyway and did not get a confirmation, I rang the numbers on the site and then emailed them. On Monday I emailed City Deal support but no reply from them, I forwarded the email again yesterday and still no news from them and I am now onto their phone support holding for 45mins, just checked Chefs Direct website and is now strangely "under construction". Is there anybody who has an answer or knows whats going on here??

mmmmh, sounds like the whole thing is a huge PR disaster... I'm prepared to wait for a few days, may be up to 2 weeks, I'm not in any rush. But the fact that you can't contact them, that their tweeter account is gone, etc.... doesn't help. I'd say that if the parcel arrives at all I'll be happy and will leave it at that. If not, what's our recourse for a refund?

Since I was on yesterday I managed to get through on the phone and rearranged delivery for this afternoon (it has not arrived) I did offer to defer the delivery until next week as they were under so much pressure but she reassured me that I would get it today. I tried the phone again this evening, eventually getting a ringing tone but the phone has not been answered.
    Can anyone tell me if any of the groupon orders have been delivered yet???? If even one has been delivered there is hope for the rest of us. Alternatively I wonder where over 2000 orders worth between 35 and 42 euro have gone = a lot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ras64

I got email confirmation of a delivery slot tonight between 7pm and 9pm. Surprise surprise it never arrived.

Sent citydeal a mail looking for a refund. I will never again order anything from chefsgardendirect.

Check out their Facebook page - loads of updates - they seem to be overwhelmed with the amount of orders - new email system going in tomorrow so website should be up and running then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Am the same here..First time customer with them, and placed my order on wednesday for today delivery..but no confirmation if they will come or not (likely not)..so I have to go and do some weekly shopping.. :mad:
    There is at least ONE person who got delivered.. Read this thread.. it is the same situation as all of us in Boards..
    http://www.magicmum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=349811&p=4418345

well I guess, it is wait and see....... Will let you know if I got my delivery or not...

Advertisement