Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Nancenet70 wrote: »
    i keep telling my husband we need to report it to the bank itself as we shouldnt have been charged...i can't imagine going to the garda over 7.50, but if there's any kind of class action - we're in
    jimogr wrote: »
    You cannot take a class action in Ireland.

Get your bank to do a charge back, as you never received your goods and the business is now gone. You may need to push your bank on this.
    Nancenet70 wrote: »
    that whole food deal wasn't just DC, i had friends posting it on their facebook pages in NJ and PA - I would have bought it! i wish there was a whole foods in ireland, it's the best supermarket - if you are in america and you see one, worth having lunch at their amazing salad/hot food bar

re: class action over 7.50 - i'm just annoyed i'm out any money at all, and if someone were getting disgruntled jilted people together, i'd get on board

No class action in Ireland. Plus even if there aaa it would cost you a whole lot more than 7.50 in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

maxer68 wrote: »
    Civil matter - nothing whatsoever to do with police/gardai unless intentional fraud can be proven.

Have CGD declared bankruptcy? If not, and that's a big if, and they refuse to refund money for a service not provided it sure sounds like theft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Have CGD declared bankruptcy? If not, and that's a big if, and they refuse to refund money for a service not provided it sure sounds like theft.

agin this is an example of how this thread has gone - people saying things to suit what they want without an iota of knowledge.

If any payment has been made, it was made for either a product or a service, thus a contract was made between you and CGD. The contarct has not been fulfilled therefore it is a CIVIL matter and the gardai will tell to piss off and not to waste their time.

Imagine if it was the way you described - every tom dick and harry who is owed money would be queuing at the garda station!

BTW - They've officially ceased trading. If they owe you money for anything other than a citydeal voucher, you will need to go to a solicitor or small claims court and take a civil action against them. But as they've ceased trading, there's basically bogger all you can do. If you have a citydeal voucher your sales contract is with CityDeal and no-one else and CityDeal must refund you.

Type Business Name
    Number 404601
    Name CHEFS GARDEN DIRECT
    Address UNIT 1
    ROBINHOOD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    CLONDALKIN
    DUBLIN 22
    Registered 03/02/2010
    Status Ceased

Effective date: 15/09/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I was about to use my voucher when I came across this thread. I bought the €32 option with a credit card.

Do I contact the credit card company for a refund or are City Deals refunding anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Start with CityDeal, as they are the retailer from whom you purchased. If they provide no joy, then you can ask your credit card provider for a chargeback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »

It is a civil case. & I've had the pleasure of dealing with CityDeals (didn't proceed as their terms are 100% in their favour) and I wouldn't rate their staff for knowing anything about legalities. - They are interested in selling the deals above all else and that's about it.

These deals are in effect another form of advertising and you have sales pepple selling these deals. And I can assure you some sales people go a little too far with their patter and bend the truth a little too much in some cases. - Just like any other sales organisation.

It for the buyer (CGD or others) to dicipher the sales patter and as these deals are quite new, a few companies have siumply been caught out by the sh1te the sales guys talk.

Nope, but I have excellent knowlege of corporate law and have also follwoed how these deals have worked and have used them very successfully - but would not use citydeals as their business model is 100% geared towrds them making money and not geared towards the customer (the business) like other advertising is.

Citydeal (and some of the others) are gung-ho in their selling and if you don't understand them, you'll get burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 edwalsh

have received my refund from citydeal regarding chefsgardendirect well done citydeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ron1987

I used to be a regular customer with chefs garden before I moved away for the summer. The only reason I found this Board was trying to find out why the website was down, And i would like to give my views on the service before i left.

Every order i placed was on time and included everything I asked for and sometimes even a little more, they would delivery in any condition (even when the snow was at its worst). if they didnt have something in stock they would replace it with something of greater value. Every delivery I got from Chris personally he was nothing more than a Gentleman to me and to my housemates who also ordered from him.
    And to Sharlene who replyed to every one of my querys and was very reasonable. would always uphold a friendly and professional manner.

something must have gone very wrong over the summer for this to happen and I hope the service will be up and running as soon as possible because im sick of tesco and superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

I still havent received my refund from citydeal!! Its been 19 days since they emailed me to agree a refund. Its bad enough the chefs garden direct took my money now I still cant get my €44.00 back off citydeal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

Very frustrating that I've lost the money I paid directly to CGD for delivery. What a bag of dicks.

Wouldn't blame City Deal at all really. CGD shouldn't of taken it on if they couldn't handle it. Why are these organisations surprised with the uptake on the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,499 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Still haven't received my refund from citydeal. Obviously there is a serious flaw in their business model that they can't handle mass refunds. This is doing damage to the groupon / citydeal reputation, maybe this is the main reason they didn't go ahead with the IPO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deep Purple

I suggest that you call citydeal and let them know you have not got your refund yet, the same happened to me- i received their email saying the refund is being processed and 10 days went by I still had no money back. So i called them and had my refund 4 days later. It had smth to do with their system having overlooked my name for some reason... But it all got sorted after my phone call.
    unkel wrote: »
    Still haven't received my refund from citydeal. Obviously there is a serious flaw in their business model that they can't handle mass refunds. This is doing damage to the groupon / citydeal reputation, maybe this is the main reason they didn't go ahead with the IPO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lanoche

We were regular customer and we stopped as we had couple of time vegetables really bad and never a perfect order. we went to website as http://www.absolutelyorganic.ie/shop.asp or http://www.organicsupermarket.ie/shop/products/?category=1

where you have nice food, a little bit pricy but good quality.....

big disapointment with chef garden
    Am the same here..First time customer with them, and placed my order on wednesday for today delivery..but no confirmation if they will come or not (likely not)..so I have to go and do some weekly shopping.. :mad:
    There is at least ONE person who got delivered.. Read this thread.. it is the same situation as all of us in Boards..
    http://www.magicmum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=349811&p=4418345

well I guess, it is wait and see....... Will let you know if I got my delivery or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Hey gang, I know this is a dead topic now, but I just got an email from fiveaday.ie and I have a really awful feeling that this is the regenerated CGD. Am I looking for connections here or has this crowd been around for a while. Can't imagine where they got my email, like...

Hey gang, I know this is a dead topic now, but I just got an email from fiveaday.ie and I have a really awful feeling that this is the regenerated CGD. Am I looking for connections here or has this crowd been around for a while. Can't imagine where they got my email, like...

Doesn't look like any connection

domain: fiveaday.ie
    descr: Solripe Limited
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ANS435-IEDR
    tech-c: ABG704-IEDR
    renewal: 16-September-2013
    nserver: ns1.webhostingireland.ie
    nserver: ns2.webhostingireland.ie
    nserver: ns3.webhostingireland.ie
    source: IEDR

person: Paul Hussey
    nic-hdl: ANS435-IEDR

person: Lets Host Domain Services
    nic-hdl: ABG704-IEDR

and companys reg office shows registered as company since 2006 and based in Ashbourne co. Meath.

a little more digging and seems its a fruit & veg importer in corporation markets.

TypeCompanyNumber425290NameSOLRIPE LIMITEDAddressTHE BELFRY
    WHITETREE ROAD
    DONAGHMORE
    ASHBOURNE CO. MEATHRegistered22/08/2006StatusNormal

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Okie dokie. Thanks, Maxer. Much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Definitely not, fiveaday is one of my mummy friends on an online parenting forum. I have heard great things about her service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 2dsrabl

how did they get our emails then? looks the same. same colours. same font. oh well, doesn't matter i suppose. hope everyone got their refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

2dsrabl wrote: »
    how did they get our emails then? looks the same. same colours. same font. oh well, doesn't matter i suppose. hope everyone got their refund!

I too received that email from Fiveaday, a company I had never heard of before. I've been stung once, I won't be again until this Fiveaday gets great reviews everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zoey01

I also got the email from Fiveaday. I ordered some fruit and veg today so i look forward to receiving it. Does anyone know who supplied the meat and fish for chefs garden. I cant seem to get meat like it anywhere. :)

2dsrabl wrote: »

If I was selling fruit & veg, I'd use Green & orange. Font is arial - most popular online font there is and default font for many programs.

You could ask them where they got your email - my guess is cgd may have owed them money and it was traded. But there is absolutley nothing I can find that connects the 2, and I can assure you I can find things you never would know exist in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zoey01

Thanks Melendes.. What about the meat ?

Fiveaday said in the email to me that they obtained my information from a customer that went out of business and owed them a lot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

zoey01 wrote: »
    Thanks Melendes.. What about the meat ?

Fiveaday said in the email to me that they obtained my information from a customer that went out of business and owed them a lot of money

As far as I'm aware the meat is hicks butchers

• Advertisement

Advertisement