Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Huggleknits

website back up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 diane1958

I am also now in the same situation Waiting in for a delivery today 13th which I ordered on the 7th no sign and website is now also down unable to contact on either moblie or land line. I also have just seen that I did not need to pay delivery change which I was charged 7.50 for. Think I have been done this is a bad company to do business with and stronly advise people to contact city deals and arrange to get your money back which is what I am doing as it was paid with a credit card should get money back last time I will purchase from City Deals and have tiold all my friends to be ware also :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 faery

Hi I just came over from their FB page. I am the same diane1958. My money has gone out of my account yet no delivery and no contact what so ever! Surely they shouldnt have put the sale through until we had received our goods or at least been given an acknowledgment for our order and a scheduled delivery day?! I am sitting here feeling nauseous over this as I am struggling as it is and really could have put that money toward something else in tesco or whatever! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

theres actually murder going on on their facebook page how embarrassing and damaging for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Now on their web site :- Unfortunately does not say 48 Hours from when but as the site was up yesterday i guess that means COB tomorrow for all orders (I ordered Saturday 7th)

We are sorry that you are unable to access the web site but due to the high demand of city deals and the fact that over 2000 redeemed 3 days before the date requested by chefs garden it has left the office with a massive back log

Over the next 48 hours everyone that has processed there order will be contacted and yout order delivery time arranged

As will be the 1687 email that still need to be answered and dealt with.....

We also say sorry to our regular customers as had a knock on affect to you and we will put this right too

We were shocked with the up take of the city deal and was only guided by them but it has left us in a big mess and we are sorry for that

WE WILL BE BACK SOON

MANY THANKS

Chris Collins
    mob 0871772792

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

theres actually murder going on on their facebook page how embarrassing and damaging for them....

Can you please give me the link of their facebook page? I somehow cannot find it, cause I am still waiting for my delivery since last week..

Can you please give me the link of their facebook page? I somehow cannot find it, cause I am still waiting for my delivery since last week..

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CHEFS-GARDEN-DIRECT/362943398717

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 faery

i really have no sympathy for them. they really dont know how to run a company by the looks of it and their standard of customer service is appalling. I have been following on their FB page and I must say it doesnt look good for them.<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kasycas

People signing up to these Groupons/deals really need to be made aware how popular they are!

I'm waiting 10 days now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kasycas wrote: »
    People signing up to these Groupons/deals really need to be made aware how popular they are!

I'm waiting 10 days now!!

right on KasyCas you amazing poster you.

Citydeal/boardsdeals/whoever should be doing more to inform companies that they *may* be flooded with orders if they don't put an upper limit on vouchers. They get their cut though, so why should they care after customers have forked up the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

The Facebook page is madness... People who received their orders or a reply to an email are accused of working for CGD... :eek: Seriously, a disatisfied customer will always make more noise than a happy one, but it doesn't necessarely mean that ALL of their customers are dissatisfied.

I've posted my order on the 11th and am still waiting to hear from them, but I acknoweldge that it will take a few more days. Of course, I am cross about their lack of communication and they need to brush up their crisis management skills. But heck, they are a small business and were inundated with orders. City Deals sent the vouchers 4 days before they could be used and a lot of people didn't read the terms and conditions and contributed to this mess.
    Even if the goods arrive later than expected, even if it takes several emails and calls, the value is still fantastic. If people are fed up with waiting, they should just cancel their order and ask for a refund from City Deals, apparently some people were successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

But WHY were they inundated with orders?
    Why weren't they prepared?
    Why weren't the vouchers limited?

A lot of these deals are getting out of hand.

I bought a valet deal 3 weeks ago. It took a week for the voucher to go live and then when I rang them they said it would be another 2 WEEKS before i could get a slot.

Had I known there would be this much of a wait I wouldn't have bothered. None of this is outlined when the you buy the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Nanazolie wrote: »
    City Deals sent the vouchers 4 days before they could be used and a lot of people didn't read the terms and conditions and contributed to this mess.

Have seen this stated a few times. Its on their website now too.
    the fact that over 2000 redeemed 3 days before the date requested by chefs garden it has left the office with a massive back log

But it was chefs garden who had a live order page for the citydeal, 3 days before they wanted to accept orders. If they hadn't made the order page live in those days then they wouldn't have received the orders.

I feel sorry for chefs garden, they've got themselves into an awful mess which they don't seem able to deal with. It would be such as shame if this deal ended their business. But this is no way to treat customers.

quarryman wrote: »
    But WHY were they inundated with orders?
    Why weren't they prepared?
    Why weren't the vouchers limited?

A lot of these deals are getting out of hand.

I bought a valet deal 3 weeks ago. It took a week for the voucher to go live and then when I rang them they said it would be another 2 WEEKS before i could get a slot.

Had I known there would be this much of a wait I wouldn't have bothered. None of this is outlined when the you buy the voucher.

I'm 99% sure that the deal mentioned that the voucher wouldn't be redeemable before the 6th of October, because I thought I would have to wait until the Monday to redeem it

Melendez wrote: »

Is this because you ordered extra stuff on top of the deal? My understanding is that if you only ordered the deal, you can get a refund from City Deals without going to CGD. Or may be try contacting the Consumer agency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Day 11 and I am starving, not literally but the knowing not knowing of whether to buy in more groceries is frustrating now. I've had no responses to my attempts to contact them, and have had no contact from them, I'll be patient for a few more days, they are in it over their heads, it's a sorry affair at this stage.

I think part of the over-reacting on FB and other forms is that people's backs are to the wall financially so this was a big dig out in helping people with their weekly /monthly budget now they are finding that they are having to do more shopping/groceries and it's not budgeted for. I hope it's worth the wait:rolleyes:

Can you use a credit card to do a shop and buy non perishable / freezable foods? I had expected my order to be here for the weekend, but it certainly won't be for another week or more. My freezer is almost empty (it was in a way a good thing because the cleaning of the freezer was long overdue) and I am running low on staples like rice and pasta. I am not getting paid until next week, so I'll go an do a shop using the Visa and buy only things that will keep. If the order miraculously materializes on Monday, I can freeze the meat, fish and cook the vegs and freeze. Also the bread and soups can be frozen. So in the end, it will balance out because the money I spend this week I would have spent at some stage anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

For what it's worth i got my order the Thursday after the deal went live. I called them to see if i could order on the Thursday before the voucher went live as i saw that there was an option on the web page to order. It all arrived on time and was quite good. The chocolates were replaced with chocolate cake which disappointing and there was no reason given but at least we got the food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Nope.. I placed my order on the 9th august for the saturday 13th but did not hear anything yet...have emailed them but no answer.. I won't even try to call considering so many people said they cant get through.. It is sooo frustrating and I don't know if I have to go buy food or not.. I give it a few more days and hopefully something will happen.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

Some people on here are not being very honest.. Saying they placed an order with CGD when in fact they havent. They are on to cause trouble and slate the company. I feel for the people who are waiting on their orders its not a nice situation to be in but when people are on here just to wind others up, they are making a bad situation worse. Its a bit pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

millie29 wrote: »
    Some people on here are not being very honest.. Saying they placed an order with CGD when in fact they havent. They are on to cause trouble and slate the company. I feel for the people who are waiting on their orders its not a nice situation to be in but when people are on here just to wind others up, they are making a bad situation worse. Its a bit pathetic.

What are you basing that on? I very much don't think anyone would be bothered partaking in this discussion unless they're involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Melendez wrote: »

Nope I placed my order on Monday 8th and have heard abs nothing! Really thought I'd have it by now, I'll have some weekend if I get it Sat wooooo!!

• Advertisement

The whole thing is a big sorry mess. I will be interested on seeing how it pans out they should have been prepared for at least some of it thats the bottom line. And If they are having cash flow problems and paying out of their own pockets for stock then how did they intend to cover the costs of this deal in the first place?? The mind boggles :eek:

Advertisement