Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

By the way you can still get to the original web site by going to

http://www.chefsgardendirect.ie/index.php

But I doubt ordering there is a good idea right now.

I ordered Saturday 6th still no contact

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

<SNIP>

Ordered on the 11th and no email received yet. Seeing that people who ordered on the 06th haven't been delivered, I should go ahead and buy another week's worth of food. More potatoes, rice and pasta on the menu until pay day (the kids love the lean days menus anyway, they will pray for the order to be delayed even more :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

Has anyone at all actually received their order? I bought the city deal but haven't tried to order it. I'm happy to wait for another month or so anyway but I would like to know if it is ever actually going to happen. It's very strange that there seems to be no contact between the business and its customers whatsoever. Does Chefs Garden Direct still actually exist?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

The quality of their meat, their fresh pastas, Veg, fruit EVERYTHING... Much better quality than the supermarket.. (and cheaper)

<SNIP>

Chefs garden i look forward to having you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

How would i have a number for them.. I have the same information as eveybody else..

I suppose your going to accuse me of working there too..

Your barking mad !

update on fb from cgd.. aparently city deal havent paid them yet so your in luck Melendez... Call City deal for your refund... ;)

Their number is 1-800-936-927...

Hope this helps you get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Dear Customer, I am truly sorry about all the messing about but the fact is we are not sufficiently stocked at the moment to send out deliveries to our customers as we use local suppliers they are also having difficulty in keeping up with our demands. I should know more about the situation at lunch time today as you are probably aware we have been let down in a big way by Citydeal in the respect that we have not been paid for even 1 delivery that has all ready been made. I know this does not excuse the lack of communication on our end but we have been so overwhelmed by the whole thing that we did’nt know where we were at times. As soon as I hear any update about the deliveries I will make sure that all the customers are notified.

Although, any kind of communication is welcome this whole sorry mess can be laid purely at the door of CGD. Why didn't they do a trial run with limited orders (say 100) making sure the stock was in place? It beggars belief that a company could be so naive and ill-prepared for a promotion which ironically may cripple their business in the long-term.

• Advertisement

Melendez you really should have opted for the cash on delivery that way you wouldnt have had this problem.

For a company you have never used before, you should have paid them cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sg1984

Hi All,
    I would like to introduce myself as Sharlene Giles. I hate doing this but I feel I need to as I do not appreciate seeing my name being thrown around on forums and FB pages like this.
    Firstly I would like to say that I did work for CGD. The older customers will know who I am. Yes I left abruptly and you can all come to your own conclusions as to why but please keep them to yourself. Again, those who remember me will know that I worked hard and tried my best to answer their queries and keep a good relationship wiith each and every one of them. I took pride in my part of the job and I would like the customers to remember me for that, not because they think I am pretending to be someone else.
    Secondly, I do not know Mel Endez or have any association with him/her so please do not say I am that person as I am not. Unfortunately I have no way of proving that to you on here. Mel is clearly a person who is upset over their money loss and having nothing to show for it. Who wouldnt be??? I am not a poster on their FB page either. The minute I left CGD I was blocked from using the page (mmm wonder why he blocked me?) so I cannot access the page.
    Thirdly, I contacted Aisling yesterday to tell her to stop using my name and she has since removed her comments and issued me with an apology. It would seem she had been told 'stories' as to why I left. All untrue.
    Lastly, to the person who made the snide remark regarding me no longer having a job. You are wrong, I do have a job and have had one pretty much since I left, so no need to worry about me, I am doing fine thank you.

I hope all the lovely customers whom I do remember from having a laugh through emails or Facebook can either get their deliveries soon or their money back. Its not nice to see this happening but sometimes people get greedy and too big for their boots and things go wrong. That's just my opinion.

That is all I have to say.

Sharlene Giles
    Ex employee of CGD (oct 10 to May 11)

I apologise Sharlene for my comment yesterday but when i saw your name mentioned i was shocked and suprised. Like i said in a previous post i think you are a lady and you did work very hard. I wish you well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

sg1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I would like to introduce myself as Sharlene Giles. I hate doing this but I feel I need to as I do not appreciate seeing my name being thrown around on forums and FB pages like this.
    Firstly I would like to say that I did work for CGD. The older customers will know who I am. Yes I left abruptly and you can all come to your own conclusions as to why but please keep them to yourself. Again, those who remember me will know that I worked hard and tried my best to answer their queries and keep a good relationship wiith each and every one of them. I took pride in my part of the job and I would like the customers to remember me for that, not because they think I am pretending to be someone else.
    Secondly, I do not know Mel Endez or have any association with him/her so please do not say I am that person as I am not. Unfortunately I have no way of proving that to you on here. Mel is clearly a person who is upset over their money loss and having nothing to show for it. Who wouldnt be??? I am not a poster on their FB page either. The minute I left CGD I was blocked from using the page (mmm wonder why he blocked me?) so I cannot access the page.
    Thirdly, I contacted Aisling yesterday to tell her to stop using my name and she has since removed her comments and issued me with an apology. It would seem she had been told 'stories' as to why I left. All untrue.
    Lastly, to the person who made the snide remark regarding me no longer having a job. You are wrong, I do have a job and have had one pretty much since I left, so no need to worry about me, I am doing fine thank you.

I hope all the lovely customers whom I do remember from having a laugh through emails or Facebook can either get their deliveries soon or their money back. Its not nice to see this happening but sometimes people get greedy and too big for their boots and things go wrong. That's just my opinion.

Sharlene Giles

That is well said and put together sharlene and thank you for clearing that up . It takes courage for you to do what you have done and I commend you , and Aisling for accepting she was wrong and apoligising is hard to do . The real matter is people do ny like the way chef garden conducted itself and they too have apologised and have said they are trying to sort it . So hopefully people can stop snapping at each other and learn from this . ESP those who keep harping on about this that and the other .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

Although, any kind of communication is welcome this whole sorry mess can be laid purely at the door of CGD. Why didn't they do a trial run with limited orders (say 100) making sure the stock was in place? It beggars belief that a company could be so naive and ill-prepared for a promotion which ironically may cripple their business in the long-term.

I totally agree badly managed! They didnt think it all the way through and didnt prep for it and they cant keep blaming Citydeal and the customers. I hope it all gets sorted soon because its getting ridiculous.

sg1984 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sharlene Giles

Hi Sharlene, Thank you for your post its the most honest thing that has been written in this whole circus! Im delighted you found another job...Everything happens for a reason and all that,you're lucky you are out of CGD with all this going on Its a sorry mess.
    I totally agree that they got "got too big for their boots" and took on a task that they didnt plan for. As for that aisling girl she was the one sneering at you for no longer having a job. She also implied there would be legal action for slandering the company she works for when someone mentioned she worked there..and then she removed all the posts. She has a big mouth and no balls so I recommend you keep her out of your life.
    You have been victimised in all this as It had nothing to do with you I hope people keep your name out of it from now on and I hope CGD stop playing sherlock holmes trying to figure out who is an ex-employee and has a fake page and get on with sorting this sorry mess.

I wish you all the best.

emer12 wrote: »
    why you still moaning jd ?? we need to fight cgd and not each other , we want our food people are getting very heated on fb and we dont need it here too, this is not helping , but one thing i do know if i havent heard from them i will go around there and still outside until i get satifaction

Well it is my thread Emer so I am entitled to say what I like, and if voicing your opinion is construed as moaning then i suggest you go elsewhere. I see you only joined boards so you could watch this thread Im sure you will notice its becoming like the facebook page where people are practically bullied when they speak their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - this thread has descended into the biggest heap of uselessness that I have seen in all my time as a Boards moderator.

This is the Consumer Issues forum. We ask that people post in direct relation to a Consumer Issue, not in a witch-hunt or an effort at one-up-manship.

Any future cr*p like this and I will ban immediately, without warning. Stick to the facts.

dudara

• Advertisement

Amen! Thank god someone is stopping the madnesss! If anyone gets a delivery let me know otherwise I dont even care....

Amen! Thank god someone is stopping the madnesss! If anyone gets a delivery let me know otherwise I dont even care....

Jd I only joined as I got a cupon and wanted to get away from the witch hunt on fb . I just seen their mess on fb saying they were working on the issue . So hopefully we will have closure soon ,, I've used cgd and never had issues , I really do hope this is sorted soon .

Melendez wrote: »

dudara,

What do you consider should go into the consumer issues forum?

Here we have a company, Chefs Garden Direct, ...

- Who take orders on the site they are not delivering
    - Who give delivery times to customers they do not honour, and it appears never attempted to honour as they admit on their facebook page they didn't have the money to buy stock.
    - Who take money from customers which they will neither return or give value for
    - Who refuse to answer the telephone
    - Who refuse to answer emails
    - Who have populated their facebook page with staff and friends disguised as evangelical supportive customers who attempt to insult and discredit genuine customers who raise issues unpopular with the company.
    - Who currently have their website open for business to accept payment for orders, despite admitting they have no money to buy stock.

Far from being the "biggest heap of uselessness", I think this is one of the more relevant threads in the forum. This is a sister forum to the bargain alerts forum which contains BoardsDeals. I believe many of the 3000 plus CityDeal voucher buyers will also be regular visiters to this area and will be interested to hear other people's views on how this fiasco is being conducted. Even if they have not bought this particular deal, people will have bought other deals and will be interested to see how a deal with a dishonourable company plays out.

Also, there will be a high proportion of active online purchasers who visit this forum. Chefs Garden Direct, as I mentioned earlier, is once again open for "business" as in taking money for stock the firm has admitted they cannot afford to buy. I think somebody who has read this thread is in a better position tomake an informed decision as to whether it is wise to make, and pay for a purchase.

As for the witch hunt. I believe the ethics and integrity of Chefs Garden Direct is very much a consumer issue,especially when they are holding customers money. I think it gives some indication of how likely that customer is to get value for that money or have it returned. The witchhunt as you call it, exposed 2 people who are absolutely 100% shown to be an office worker with Chefs Garden Direct and a business associate of Chefs Garden Direct, who were sent onto the website to insult and discredit genuine customers who were quite reasonably annoyed with their treatment by Chefs Garden Direct, in a similar way to what ha attempted to be done here earlier in this thread. This is quite validly a consumer issue IMO. If UPC conducted their business in this manner this forum would go into meltdown.

As an example, if you look at the facebook page now, you will see most of the requests for information and complaints somewhat untidely removed from the page. In its place a particular customer within the space of a minute feeling the need twice that she misses doing her weekly shopping and hopes they come back soon. I don't know some of these people from Adam, maybe Chris Collins has a similar thing going on as Jedward do, I don't get that either. Another poster with the same surname as Chris Collins (a common name admittedly), the owner of Chefs Garden Direct, posting a sob story about a person who ran a citydeal and didn't make any money out of it. This story differs widely from the Chefs Garden direct one in that Chris Collins made a far more stupid deal, hasn't honoured it and has treated his customers with contempt. This thread, and the thread announcing that Chefs Garden Direct are not fulfilling orders because they do not have enough money to buy stock, has been moulded into an outpouring of sympathy from the evangelical customers the site has been pruned down to accepting posting from.

I believe the lack of integrity shown in what is the only form of communication open to customers displays a level of contempt for the customer that makes it absolutely a consumer issue.

If you believe this is not a legitimate consumer issue, yet
    a guy whose travel case gets damaged by airline handlers in transit, is apologised to by the airline in question, and offered a new similar case, but isn't happy because he really liked that case
    is, then I believe this forum will become far less relevant and useless to averyone.

If you have any doubts I am a genuine customer who has been getting increasingly annoyed by the dishonesty and unethical tactics used by this firm, as opposed to a nasty person who hates Chris Collins and wants to put the firm down. I am happy to confidentially e-mail you my order and can give you permission to cross check it with my boarddeals account.[/Quote]

There is notice from chef garden direct on fb if you havent deen saying they are working on it. So hopefully we will All get sorted at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Melendez - I don't particularly care what has been posted by other individuals on Facebook. I care purely about what is posted in this forum. The path on which this thread was moving was detracting from the issue at hand, rather than adding to it. Hence my intervention to cool some heads.

This forum does not exist solely for the purpose of allowing customers with grievances to vent. It is here to inform and allow for opposing points of view.

In this forum, I want a factual, clean discussion with no speculation. If you have any further issues with how this forum is moderated, then please take it to the Feedback forum. Posting such comments in this thread further adds to the background noise.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Has anyone received the email that was meant to be sent to customers who had ordered?

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Has anyone received the email that was meant to be sent to customers who had ordered?

Not me suppose it takes time on ending out over 3000 e-mails but they could do automatic couldn't they ? Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kasycas

Nanazolie wrote: »

Not me either! No communication whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

A quick trawl through this thread and it seems there are 4 or 5 people that are intent on doing as much damage to this company as possible. SHAME on you.

These 4 / 5 are obviously the most upstanding citizens of this country and have NEVER made an error in their lives.

CGD have acknowledge the error, they are doing there damnest to fulfill orders and it is causing problems for their regular business.

Its simply not possible for a small company to suddenly dispatch 20 times their normal dispatch level and customers have to accept that the error has aready been made and no amount of maoning and bitching will turn the clock back.

They and citydeals both must take responsibility for this. I operate internet stores and I know I can currently dispatch a maximum of 200 - 250 orders a day. Citydeals should have capped the number of deals available to 500 and if it worked, run the deal again the next week and the week after.

For any other company thinking of using these coupon sites be 100% certain of what you can deliver on as most vouchers (80% in my experience) will be redeemed within 5 days of being issued. - This thread will hopefully serve as a warning to the venimous nature of some customers who will go out of their way to ruin you if you make the slightest error. - Be 100% certain you can cope.

• Advertisement

maxer68 wrote: »
    A quick trawl through this thread and it seems there are 4 or 5 people that are intent on doing as much damage to this company as possible. SHAME on you.

These 4 / 5 are obviously the most upstanding citizens of this country and have NEVER made an error in their lives.

CGD have acknowledge the error, they are doing there damnest to fulfill orders and it is causing problems for their regular business.

Its simply not possible for a small company to suddenly dispatch 20 times their normal dispatch level and customers have to accept that the error has aready been made and no amount of maoning and bitching will turn the clock back.

They and citydeals both must take responsibility for this. I operate internet stores and I know I can currently dispatch a maximum of 200 - 250 orders a day. Citydeals should have capped the number of deals available to 500 and if it worked, run the deal again the next week and the week after.

For any other company thinking of using these coupon sites be 100% certain of what you can deliver on as most vouchers (80% in my experience) will be redeemed within 5 days of being issued. - This thread will hopefully serve as a warning to the venimous nature of some customers who will go out of their way to ruin you if you make the slightest error. - Be 100% certain you can cope.

Totally agree with you hope they get over this , I know I will never use city deals again as it's not the first time I've had to wait . Bought car valet was told 5 week wait lol sorry I know it's off the subject a wee bit ,

Advertisement