Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

While I, too, can understand that the company are working hard to fix the issue, I have to take issue with the lack of communication. I ordered when the deal went live on the 6th August and I have heard nothing since. I don't use FAcebook so I'm hearing everything third hand. ALl the points above are valid.

1) The voucher should not have issued until the start date 6th August 2PM.
    2) CGD's site should not have allowed orders to be placed before this time. Blaming customers for ordering early is irrelevant and unprofessional.
    3) Entering the voucher number even when the offer was 'live' seemed to do nothing and a delivery charge of 7.50 was shown, wrongly.
    4) I have emailed, rung, and Txt'd the mobile number stated, with no response.
    5) Now the main number 4298020 seems to be disconnected, worryingly.
    6) CGD should have known and understood the conditions in taking part in the deal, moaning now that CityDeal have not paid is also irrelevant.
    7) Again if they deal regularly with suppliers, they would not normally pay upfront for goods, and all non-perishable items should have been pre-ordered.

So I still await delivery, and I'm not cancelling, as I hope they will come through this, but the chances are getting slimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Melendez wrote: »
    You bought the voucher from CityDeals - It is CityDeals that must refund you NOT the place the voucher is from. Your sales contract is ALWAYS with the place that received your money.

gomara wrote: »
    6) CGD should have known and understood the conditions in taking part in the deal, moaning now that CityDeal have not paid is also irrelevant.

CityDeal and some of these other "deal" sites are like many "marketing" sales products. Reps hard sell them and sometimes "forget" to give the downssaide and a small company can be overwhelmed. - A similar situation happened a couple of weeks ago with an off licence in Fairview.

Care was not taken with the finer details on both offers and caused problems. IMO - citydeal should take a lot more of the blame than the company in question. - They drew up the T&C's, they sold the vouchers and they sold the deal to chef garden.

But in Ireland, everyone likes to bully the small guy - if some of the comments said here were said against city deals, you'd be certain legal writs would be issued as they are big enough to do so. Unfortunately for CGD, they are a small company that got caught out by the sales patter.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Kasycas wrote: »
    Not me either! No communication whatsoever.

They posted this on FB:

Dear Customers
    We are truly sorry about all the messing about but the fact is we are not sufficently stocked at the moment to send out orders to our Cutomers as we use local suppliers they are also having difficulty in keeping up with our demands. We should know more about the situation today. As you aware we have been let down in a big way by City Deal in the respect that we have not been paid for even one delivery that has already been made. We know this does not excuse the lack of communication on our end but we have been overwhelmed by the whole thing that we didn't know where we were at times. As soon as I have any update regarding deliveries etc I will make sure that all our customers are notified.
    We are so grateful for your patience over the last few weeks
    Thank You
    Chefs Garden Direct

I actually do feel sorry for them, it's not only the company, but the staff's jobs which are at risk. I hope they get back on their feet. Sending an email to everyone would be a good idea, though. Some people don't have access to FB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

[Quote=Melendez
    ;73955005]Maxer68. I have explained a few times and you did say you'd read the thread.

I made purchases on top of the value of the voucher which has been paid directly to Chefs Garden Direct. Citydeal have no obligation to refund this. I accept there should not be a problem getting the voucher value refunded by Citydeal.

Edit: Actually I have just contacted Citydeal to get a refund and there is a problem. Since Chefs Garden Direct have falsely informed Citydeal that the voucher has been actioned, Citydeal have no way of knowing whether a delivery has actually been made or not.[/Quote]

=Melendez
    Maybe you have learned a lesson well I know I have , I will never buy from city deal again I found them so unhelpful . I have given up complaining if i get order I get it if not I dont I'm fed up moaning my brain can't handle it :( nothing Is worth the heart ache

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

CHEFS GARDEN DIRECT
    Dear Customers

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, at the moment we are hoping to resume deliveries from next week. We will contact each customer in due course to arrange a suitable delivery date and time.

Many thanks for your patience

Chefs Garden direct

New Post from CGD on their FB Page :)

CHEFS GARDEN DIRECT
    Dear Customers

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, at the moment we are hoping to resume deliveries from next week. We will contact each customer in due course to arrange a suitable delivery date and time.

Many thanks for your patience

Chefs Garden direct

New Post from CGD on their FB Page :)

Thanks just recieved my email woop whoo feel like a kid at Christmas getting my goodies soon :):)

emer12 wrote: »
    Thanks just recieved my email woop whoo feel like a kid at Christmas getting my goodies soon :):)

Did they give you a date for delivery?

Nanazolie wrote: »

Did they give you a date for delivery?

No I sent email back saying to fit me me when they could . At least we are moving on it Ppl will contacted for times :) feel guilty for moaning lol :)

• Advertisement

That's great news, thanks Emer

People are starting to cancel their city deal groupons but how do you manage to get a refund from CDG if you added to your basket??

People are starting to cancel their city deal groupons but how do you manage to get a refund from CDG if you added to your basket??
    Id imagine that it wouldnt come off your visa card anyway as they don't seem to be processing anything , if you have used visa master card ring them and tell them to cancel it , :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Over 2 weeks now and haven't heard a word from them :( So annoying!

Id imagine that it wouldnt come off your visa card anyway as they don't seem to be processing anything , if you have used visa master card ring them and tell them to cancel it , :)[/QUOTE

No emer I didnt use visa, I used my Laser and the funds were removed from my account about 2 weeks ago so CGD definitely have my money and apparently my order has been processed.

Id imagine that it wouldnt come off your visa card anyway as they don't seem to be processing anything , if you have used visa master card ring them and tell them to cancel it , :)[/QUOTE

No emer I didnt use visa, I used my Laser and the funds were removed from my account about 2 weeks ago so CGD definitely have my money and apparently my order has been processed.

You should ring your bank and tell them it's been taken I mean stolen . I'd never Use laser hate idea unless I'm getting purchases there and then ,,,, ring them tomorrow and explain your situation I'm sure they will help , Actually I passed by cgd this morning and there was Ppl there I just couldn't go in as I had Ppl with me :( maybe you could try dropping out to them before 2 in afternoon . Keep me posted I may get to call over tomorrow if I do I will let you know how it goes :)

You should ring your bank and tell them it's been taken I mean stolen . I'd never Use laser hate idea unless I'm getting purchases there and then ,,,, ring them tomorrow and explain your situation I'm sure they will help , Actually I passed by cgd this morning and there was Ppl there I just couldn't go in as I had Ppl with me :( maybe you could try dropping out to them before 2 in afternoon . Keep me posted I may get to call over tomorrow if I do I will let you know how it goes :)

Yeah ill wait to see if the deliverys resume next week as promised, I would still like to get the deal I paid for. but if they dont come through then I will see if I can start the chargeback process on my card for the extras i bought (not sure if you can do this on a Laser) and if that fails I will drop over to them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Just a note on laser cards and online purchasing.

Laser cards are not like Visa / Mastercard. When a retailler "reserves" the funds on a mastercard / visa no charge is made to the card itself but the funds from the credit limit reserved and cannot be used by another retailler. The charging retailler has not actually received the funds until they request settlement and the purchase is then fully completed.

Laser cards however have no such function and even though a retailler has only "reserved" the funds, has not completed the purchase and not actually received the funds the laser card holder will see on their bank statement that the funds have been charged. If the retailler subsequently voids the transaction then the charge will either disappear or show as a refund on the laser card holders statement.

This is an issue with the laser card system itself - Chefs Garden will not have actually charged those with laser cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Hey I had a problem like this with a city deal I bought, (was gonna buy this one, glad I didn't now!) but I contacted city deal directly.. mine was with a restaurant deal and I told them I had called them a few times and been told they couldn't accept my city deal on the day I wanted.... which was true.

Without question my money was refunded to my citydeal account to use on other city deals they were very good to deal with and I reused my credit pretty sharpish on another great deal...

• Advertisement

Not a word yet, but I know that some people sent their orders before me, so I could be further down the list. Still hoping!

Message from cgd

We underestimated the pressure a City Deal we recently used to extend our customer base would have on our suppliers. Unfortunately they have been so overwhelmed with orders they are struggling to meet the demands being put on them, Chris is currently working on finding new suppliers to assist in relieving the pressure. Chefs Garden wants to ensure quality of the produce is not compromised therefore we are extending the voucher expiry date to December 11th which may help you with your Christmas shopping. We appreciate this will inconvience you but as you know we will never compromise quality and as our produce is sourced fresh from local Irish Suppliers this demand has had a knock on effect on the supply chain. To date we have delivered over 600 City Deal baskets and the feedback has been amazing, therefore the wait will not be in vain.

Thanks and regards

Chris Collins

Chefs garden Direct

Second mess from chef garden first was for city deal this is for regular customer

Unfortunately we underestimated the pressure a City Deal we recently used to extend our customer base would have on our suppliers. They have been so overwhelmed with orders they are struggling to meet the demands being put on them. Chris is currently working on finding new suppliers to assist in relieving the pressure. Chefs Garden wants to ensure quality of the produce is not compromised therefore we ask you our regular customers to bear with us and we will resume full delivery service week beginning 5th September. This will give us time to source the correct produce to ensure that our high standards are kept. We appreciate this will inconvience you but as you know we will never compromise on quality.

Thank you

Chefs Garden Direct

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

This really depends on the bank - Some of the banks choose to show the funds that have been reserved as a charge. I believe permanent tsb don't so this though - they may be your bank. We know this from experience as it has happened plenty of times that customers are showing a charge on their online statements straight away despite us not having actually processed / released the payment. It becomes apparent if a customer decides to cancel the order or changes / substitutes a product and they wonder why we "0charged" the original amount etc.

If your bank though is telling you they have "settled" the charge then all of the above is irrelevant.

Hope the two messages from cgd are not spoofing us to keep. Quiet I'm sure wondering if new suppliers would take them on ? That's me just thinking outside the box

Ill be interested to see what happens, they say have delivered 600 orders to date thats 20% of the groupon customers sorted...but where are the 600 happy customers? There not on here or on facebook.

Totally agree 100% with you grrh I'm so annoyed nothing heard from them since last week , I may give up hope I dont think there is a chance we will get our orders now . Probably left suppliers in lurch as well . So many jobs will be effected by this I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 faery

Still not a single peep out of them for me. At least you've had contact of some sort Emer...WHERE are these 600 people they claim to have delivered to? Not on here anyway. I really just want my money back now, but I added on more items on top of the hamper and the money has been deducted from my card and its gone out according to my statement. City Deal are hardly going to give me that back are they.

• Advertisement

faery wrote: »
    Still not a single peep out of them for me. At least you've had contact of some sort Emer...WHERE are these 600 people they claim to have delivered to? Not on here anyway. I really just want my money back now, but I added on more items on top of the hamper and the money has been deducted from my card and its gone out according to my statement. City Deal are hardly going to give me that back are they.

I got an email last week did you not ?? That was last I heard :( I'm gonna ring the consumer rights tomorrow and see what can be done .. Surley as they stated 600 was done , why cant the do 100 a week pressure will be off them then And I honestly don't mind waiting a few weeks if I knew what was happening , I dont have fb so I'm relying on my friend to keep checking it out :(:(

Advertisement