Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 faery

emer12 wrote: »
    I got an email last week did you not ?? That was last I heard :( I'm gonna ring the consumer rights tomorrow and see what can be done .. Surley as they stated 600 was done , why cant the do 100 a week pressure will be off them then And I honestly don't mind waiting a few weeks if I knew what was happening , I dont have fb so I'm relying on my friend to keep checking it out :(:(

No I havent got anything, just the confirmation message when I placed my order. Nothing since... FB is very quiet these days I think people have given up on them. The just keep posting the same updates as the last one so its nothing new. I think they are just trying to fob us off at this stage. Whatever they are saying about CD going wrong, I think their lack of customer service is ruining it for them even more. Will let you know if anything changes or if anyone bothers to contact me but I honestly think I must of been lost in the system among the 3000 orders....:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭blindasfcuk

Has anyone actually called out to where ever they are in clondalkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

Has anyone actually called out to where ever they are in clondalkin?

A few people on facebook said they called out on a saturday afternoon but the place was deserted but they may have been in earlier...that was about 3 weeks ago. A couple of people came back with sob stories saying they visited them and they explained it was city deals fault for selling too many vouchers and there was half empty hampers not enought stock to fill them etc... so who knows what the truth is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

emer12 wrote: »
    I got an email last week did you not ?? That was last I heard :( I'm gonna ring the consumer rights tomorrow and see what can be done .. Surley as they stated 600 was done , why cant the do 100 a week pressure will be off them then And I honestly don't mind waiting a few weeks if I knew what was happening , I dont have fb so I'm relying on my friend to keep checking it out :(:(

Nothing received bar the confirmation email after I ordered. That was on the 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JackKe

guys,
    I too bought the deal and cannot get through. I've emailed and left messages.
    In order to get the delivery, it's trying to make me give an additional 7.50. Delivery is supposed to be free. Did you pay the additioanl or how did you manage to get a delivery time without doing this?
    Thanks for any info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

JackKe wrote: »
    guys,
    I too bought the deal and cannot get through. I've emailed and left messages.
    In order to get the delivery, it's trying to make me give an additional 7.50. Delivery is supposed to be free. Did you pay the additioanl or how did you manage to get a delivery time without doing this?
    Thanks for any info!

Just choose cas on delivery to get around delivery charge. It's not like Tesco oetc where you click on a delivery slot, you (usually before this madness!) write a chosen time slot in the instructions box.
    Tbh I owuldn't bother ordereing yet, I ordered august 11th and have heard nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JackKe

has anyone gotten their delivery?
    who paid the 7.50?

Tried to call, the phone is ringing but no one picks it up. If I'm right, they still have 2400 odd deliveries to organize, so I am willing to give them more time (and I want my food, lol!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenni_S

I too ordered the food hamper from chefs garden, it was ordered on the 8th which was the day the voucher activated but I still haven't received it. I received an email on the 23rd to day that they hoped to be resuming their deliveries "next week" I've still not heard anything though. I am a patient person but this is ridiculous....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

Thats true Melendez. He also said he was looking for new suppliers so hopefully thats what he is doing.

quote ''we will resume full delivery service week beginning 5th September.''

But should they not be doing SOME kind of service? still have yet to hear of anyone bar I think 1 person who has got their delivery....are the regulars who were shopping with them before this happened getting theirs at all? Anyone on here who is a regualr and knows anything more?

@melendez, did you get any money back? I know you said you ordered on top of the CD so am wondering how I will go about retrieving mine seeing as I ordered extra food too.....

I am a regular customer. Have been getting stuff off them for over a year now and i have to be honest they have always been brilliant... They were always good at responding to emails , phone calles etc. I am so suprised at them. I have tried to contact them about ordering food but i have also had no luck ...i have a found another comapny that are going to deliver to me instead and just get tesco to deliver the extras that i cannot get..They are also loosing their regulars... We are all fed up..

Thanks for the info millie & melendz.

I am feeling a bit sick with the worry now to be honest. Yes I know its not alot of money but it was to me and Im sure it was to many others too. Its just so shocking from a business and it doesnt seem like any of us can really do anything about it even. I dont have a car to get there myself but it doesnt sound like those people are having any luck either

I know they have a few staff members like food packers and they have 1 girl that deals with the emails and calls.. What i dont understand is where is she gone to. Shouldnt she be there dealing with the calls and emails, And let the others deal with the hampers.

Faery a weeks shopping is a lot of money. I dont know what i would do if i had lost it or got nothing for it.

We will just have to wait and see from Monday if there is any progress.

Now if they intend to resume deliveries on the 5th as promised thats 2 working days maybe 3 if presumably they work saturdays to contact all of next weeks customers arrange a delivery schedule pack the hampers I would have thought they would be like busy bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

Now if they intend to resume deliveries on the 5th as promised thats 2 working days maybe 3 if presumably they work saturdays to contact all of next weeks customers arrange a delivery schedule pack the hampers I would have thought they would be like busy bees.

Well from what I saw and heard there is more chance of me winning the lottery than there is of getting my basket :( you know what I'm gonna ring city deal Abd cancel and cutting my losses , I will still follow this thread to see outcome , good luck folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Just seen this thread, thought I was the only one.......

Refund is actually easy, your contract is with citydeal and citydeal informed me before they do not pay the merchant till the deal is completed, whether thats right or wrong it suits us for refund.

Still very disappointed, looked like great offer, something useful and if good quality would have used them again.

Compak wrote: »
    Just seen this thread, thought I was the only one.......

Refund is actually easy, your contract is with citydeal and citydeal informed me before they do not pay the merchant till the deal is completed, whether thats right or wrong it suits us for refund.

Still very disappointed, looked like great offer, something useful and if good quality would have used them again.

No your not the only one there are thousands of us :D Yes it seems there is no problem getting a refund from Citydeal but if you bought extra on top of the deal getting your money back from CGD is proving more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Another disatisfied customer.

I thought the ordering system was a bit vague to say the least but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Thank god I saw this thread I have now given up trying to contact CGD by phone and email as I realise I am not the only one who can't get through.

The offer seemed almost too good to be true and now I realise it was and will be ringing citydeal for a refund tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Has anyone actually received a delivery from CGD? I have my groupon coupon and was about to place an order but discovered that their website is down.

According to a facebooker...

''I see their website is suspended today and City Deal have just told me that they were supposed to come back to them by this evening with a proposal to sort this out. That hasn't happened. So City Deal are planning mass refunds over the next few days to all who bought vouchers and haven't received delivery.''

Hopefully I'll get some of my money back at least...

What a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Bit Lame altogether , I ordered the Meat deal they had from Whelans Butchers a while back and was well impressed so I thought I'd give this a go... Ordered the 8th or 9th , emailed 2 weeks later , no response and now the website is gone =@ grrr

ah, no way! :mad:

How will City Deal know who hasn't been delivered? If you ordered, your coupon is redeemed but you can't prove you haven't received delivery :confused:

I dont understand why they havent been delivering to their regular customers to keep the cash flowing in for the past 4 weeks.

The website is down and it says to call Chris.. Has anyone tried to call him and got an answer.. ?

You get a voice mail that says to contact the office on 014292020. I did that, the phone is dead. :mad:

• Advertisement

I just tried it there too.. Phone has been cut off... Ok i would say they no longer exist..

Advertisement