Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

I really doubt chris collins wrote that. He would never be that stupid. Maybe someone did hack in knowing that it was cause more and more people to get angry. I just find it hard to believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

millie29 wrote: »
    I really doubt chris collins wrote that. He would never be that stupid. Maybe someone did hack in knowing that it was cause more and more people to get angry. I just find it hard to believe...

I find the whole debacle hard to believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 faery

Firstly, disappointed with the CD email today...not very helpful to me at this stage really!

Secondly as disgusting as it is, i do believe he is writing those remarks on the FB page because if you look further down the page there is spelling and bad grammar in most of their posts it cant all be 'hacking'...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

Compak wrote: »
    here we go, couldnt work out how to attach at first

They have deleted them from the page now. They have deleted all negative comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

has anyone actually received a refund from citydeal? I will never buy a deal from them again, I think their customer service is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

Compak wrote: »
    here we go, couldnt work out how to attach at first

They have deleted them from the page now. They have deleted all negative comments.

Totally agree Jd and god forbid if you say anything about it your either banned from there as some people have or here next you be told no free speech ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I think everyone should chill; I dont know this person, the company or anything in relation apart from seeing the original advert up (and so nearly bought it, was just in financial struggles). But this is a small company, and some patience with them should be considered; support a small business, just like you were trying to do when buying the voucher, should be what youre worried about. So far as I can tell, they have said they will arrange everything for everyone and deal with it.

Some of the people here and on their Facebook sound like children. Im not pointing fingers, but its disgusting; CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is important, not blatant foulness like I have seen. Those should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

emer12 wrote: »
    Totally agree Jd and god forbid if you say anything about it your either banned from there as some people have or here next you be told no free speech ,

Sorry to double post, but are you serious?! If you were a small business looking to make a place and image for yourself, you wouldnt remove the negative posting? Dream on. I remove comments from my own Facebook I dont like, never mind if I had it on a business I ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

These weren't helping, to be fair. I know people, including myself, are disgusted at how they handled the customer aspect of this, but put yourself in their shoes: it's not only Chris Collins' image that was at stake, but a local business, his staff, suppliers, etc... Yes, they should have posted more constructive comments and updates on their FB page, and sent a blanket email to everyone, but don't you know how it feels to be under enormous pressure and think that you will never see the end of it and then getting more and more negative comments from everywhere? it's enough to feel like giving up. Plus some of the comments were really bordering on abuse :(

Africa wrote: »
    I think everyone should chill; I dont know this person, the company or anything in relation apart from seeing the original advert up (and so nearly bought it, was just in financial struggles). But this is a small company, and some patience with them should be considered; support a small business, just like you were trying to do when buying the voucher, should be what youre worried about. So far as I can tell, they have said they will arrange everything for everyone and deal with it.

Some of the people here and on their Facebook sound like children. Im not pointing fingers, but its disgusting; CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is important, not blatant foulness like I have seen. Those should be ashamed of themselves.

Okay I think you have made a point .. I fl am annoyed I didn't have the money to throw away , as I've lost my job too , just hope it works out Okay ... and people learn from these deals , someone actually pointed out very straight if you bought tickets for a concert and it was cancelled you dont go after the artist suppose the principles are the same :( I'm just annoyed and flustered the way it was handled ' communication was terrible and all second party . I don't have facebook so I had to use my sisters to see what was happening and when I went to cgd premises and seen landlord I felt humiliated felt like I was begging , so I am sorry if I felt annoyed And hurt but I don't have that kind of money to waist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

millie35 wrote: »
    has anyone actually received a refund from citydeal? I will never buy a deal from them again, I think their customer service is terrible.

I paid for the deal with laser, and the refund which was confirmed by groupon on the phone yesterday was credited to my bank account today.

The phone call yesterday was my third contact with them. I sent an email last week, which they claimed they never received but they sent me an automated reply asking me to rate their response!

I phoned on Friday and they said they would be sending out an mass email with an explanation that evening - which never came.

In the end it wasn't too difficult to get the refund but their staff are very unprofessional - the woman on the first call was eating something as she talked to me. The man on the second call, said "oh f***" as he dropped the phone.

When you grow, as groupon did, from 37 employees in June 2009 to almost 10,000 in June 2011 its very difficult to maintain standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

. So far as I can tell, they have said they will arrange everything for everyone and deal with it.

I think you as far as you can tell, you are mistaken. Considering Citydeal have now had to intervene today, we can be pretty confident, CGD will not "arrange everything for everyone and deal with it".

This is what I do not get and do not grasp. Do people/businesses not realise that customers just want a bit of respect.

I ask everyone on here who has been critical, if I owned CGD and spent a full 30 seconds to do a facebook update or mass email to the extent.

'Dear Customers,

We are extremely sorry for the delay in deliveries, and the difficulty for many of you it has caused. Due to the overwhelming demand in the Citydeal offer we are still sourcing extra suppliers to ensure we supply everyone with the best grade, freshest, local produce. We are always proud of, and stand by the quality of the products we deliver, and would never ever consider to jeopardise this for convenience.
    We understand that this delay on delivery is not adaptable for everyone, and if you wish to contact us with your voucher number we will arrange a refund. For everyone else we guarantee it will be worth the wait!!

Once again our deepest apologies for these circumstances and we hope you will still consider to use CGD in the future where we guarantee top notch quality on top of top notch food.

Regards
    Compak
    CEO

Would you still be annoyed????

I for one would not be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie29

faery wrote: »
    Firstly, disappointed with the CD email today...not very helpful to me at this stage really!

Secondly as disgusting as it is, i do believe he is writing those remarks on the FB page because if you look further down the page there is spelling and bad grammar in most of their posts it cant all be 'hacking'...

Chris didnt write that. There are plenty of people with access to the cdg facebook page like staff and ex staff members. I have received loads if emails from chris in the past and it was always put together well with no spelling mistakes. They were disgusting remarks. I really believe it wasnt him .

millie29 wrote: »
    faery wrote: »

Chris didnt write that. There are plenty of people with access to the cdg facebook page like staff and ex staff members. I have received loads if emails from chris in the past and it was always put together well with no spelling mistakes. They were disgusting remarks. I really believe it wasnt him .

Millie I hope so , but I know if I had allowed staff to have access to my business emails. Facebook Etc the first thing id do when they left is change passwords yeah .
    And if he didnt write them then he can find out who did Ip address have a way of shown up ,, and traceable ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 apple_ blossom

I could not agree with your more. People work themselves up and get vicious. I am sure the CGD are doing their best and simply did not expect such an outcome. At this stage we should just wait it out , being pushy and moaning about is not going to get you anywhere at this time, they are overwhelmed so get in line people! Look at the bright side- you'll have a nice christmas delivery, just when you need it most ;). I hope though they won't go out of business...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Has anyone managed to get a refund from CityDeal? Emailed them a few days ago and no reply. Suppose I should give them a ring!

Am actually shocked at how a company can do things THAT wrong. Surely they were aware of what they were doing wrong in terms of customer service? Anyway, it's over now and it's a shame cos it was a good deal and I was looking forward to getting the food. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Has anyone managed to get a refund from CityDeal? Emailed them a few days ago and no reply. Suppose I should give them a ring!

Am actually shocked at how a company can do things THAT wrong. Surely they were aware of what they were doing wrong in terms of customer service? Anyway, it's over now and it's a shame cos it was a good deal and I was looking forward to getting the food. Oh well

I got a refund from city deal. I didn't bother emailing them just phoned them on Friday and the money was back in my account by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 isabella_24

I feel bad for almost everyone involved here because theres people who were obviously relying on this service for there weekly shopping and are now struggling. Really not a nice thing to go through. I thought it was an amazing deal when buying it, planned to order it asap but when i did i didnt get any reply at all! Thank god i am not relying on it but its a horrible situation for those who were.

And then for chefs garden direct because they entered this groupon deal to advertise their services and make some extra money and have ended up tarnishing their reputation beyond any point of return i think.

I am going to call groupon in the morning and try get my money back for this. Extremely dissapointed, and for all those people who are struggling i wish chefs garden direct NO luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

because theres people who were obviously relying on this service for there weekly shopping and are now struggling.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/

:rolleyes:

I wouldnt even mid but there's been Zilch responce from CGD ,but i did get an email from citydeal asking bout the service and if CGD had delivered or not.

I could not agree with your more. People work themselves up and get vicious. I am sure the CGD are doing their best and simply did not expect such an outcome. At this stage we should just wait it out , being pushy and moaning about is not going to get you anywhere at this time, they are overwhelmed so get in line people! Look at the bright side- you'll have a nice christmas delivery, just when you need it most ;). I hope though they won't go out of business...

I think it's time we woke up and smelled the coffee let's get the facts together , chef garden aren't answering phones no emails , no communication only by one liners on facebook ,, building is empty since last Thursday (I went over 4 times spoke to landlord ) . To me this either means closed up or moved to new premises which I ,don't think so as you'd inform customers and suppliers for you to tell people they will get a nice hamper a Christmas is untrue ,
    Also Africa --- for someone who doesn't know the company as you say you don't know much you seem to have alot to say even though you didn't place order. ??

Happy to go to my local butchers and veg shop from now on at least I know what I want is what I get

On last note I do hope cgd can recover from this as Id hate to see anyone loose their job through no fault of there own I should know :(

Best of luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MrsG09

Just wondering has anyone been onto CD today? I rang but gave up after being on hold for 7 minutes. Just want my refund now.
    I would never use this company (CGD) again and I find their actions and updates on their Facebook page as well as their ignoring of emails and voicemails ignorant in the extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Just got this from City Deal:
    “Mixed Food Selection (€32) or Luxury Food Selection (€44) Delivered To Your Door from Chefs Garden Direct (Up to 67% Off)” – deal cancelled, refund processed.

We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your CityDeals at Chefs Garden Direct. Despite our best efforts, we have not been able to reach this partner or find out the status of CityDeal customer orders. As a result we have no choice but to cancel this deal and issue you a full refund.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your patience as we worked to reach a resolution. Please allow up to 5 working days for the funds to be transferred back via your original method of payment.

This incident has no bearing whatsoever on other deals offered. We hope to bring you a similar deal in the near future and thank you for your understanding at this time.

We hope this unfortunate incident does not discourage you from opting for other upcoming offers in your city at www.citydeal.ie.
    (I didn't ask them to cancel)

dvpower wrote: »
    Just got this from City Deal:
    “Mixed Food Selection (€32) or Luxury Food Selection (€44) Delivered To Your Door from Chefs Garden Direct (Up to 67% Off)” – deal cancelled, refund processed.

We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your CityDeals at Chefs Garden Direct. Despite our best efforts, we have not been able to reach this partner or find out the status of CityDeal customer orders. As a result we have no choice but to cancel this deal and issue you a full refund.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause and thank you for your patience as we worked to reach a resolution. Please allow up to 5 working days for the funds to be transferred back via your original method of payment.

This incident has no bearing whatsoever on other deals offered. We hope to bring you a similar deal in the near future and thank you for your understanding at this time.

We hope this unfortunate incident does not discourage you from opting for other upcoming offers in your city at www.citydeal.ie.
    (I didn't ask them to cancel)

obivsouly they have had to cancel it Not ur choice when the company is gone bust !!!! City deal apparently didn't pay cgd when it said it would ( or so cgd. Said )

• Registered Users Posts: 15 edwalsh

i also applied for a refund 10 days ago regarding a hamper from cgd,no reply in that time ,it says a lot for citydeals customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 isabella_24

papu wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/

:rolleyes:

I wouldnt even mid but there's been Zilch responce from CGD ,but i did get an email from citydeal asking bout the service and if CGD had delivered or not.

its a disgrace... cant believe they moved an everything!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I assume Isabella means they are gone rather than moved.

At this point I think you should go ring Joe Duffy.
    I don't know what you think you will achieve by a little more complaining every day on this page,

amdublin wrote: »
    I assume Isabella means they are gone rather than moved.

At this point I think you should go ring Joe Duffy.
    I don't know what you think you will achieve by a little more complaining every day on this page,

Just checked my visa my money has been refunded , and there was no delivery charge taken :) so that's me done , here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

there page is gone from FB

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

elainee40 wrote: »
    there page is gone from FB

I'm not surprised, they kept removing comments.

Waiting for my refund now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just got my refund there now, i paid by paypal got an email from paypal that 44 was refunded to my account

Advertisement