Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad service from Chefs Garden Direct am I entitled to a refund?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

i got my refund from city deal, but i am still out 7.50 from CGD....disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Melendez wrote: »

Do they advise you report it as theft? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

I didn't get charged for the delivery I even though it said I was been charged ?? There facebook was shut down by facebook as so many Ppl has reported it as a scam. ??? Hope you get sorted with ur extras some how ,

• Advertisement

i keep telling my husband we need to report it to the bank itself as we shouldnt have been charged...i can't imagine going to the garda over 7.50, but if there's any kind of class action - we're in

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

I contacted my bank and they said the extra funds on top of the deal were transferred into the companys account a couple of days after the payment was made. It does feel a bit silly going to the police over a small amount even thought i spent more than the €7.50 delivery charge but I suppose if enough people report them....who knows how many people spent extra with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Nancenet70 wrote: »
    i keep telling my husband we need to report it to the bank itself as we shouldnt have been charged...i can't imagine going to the garda over 7.50, but if there's any kind of class action - we're in

A class action over 7.50?!!!

Oh come on! What are you thinking? 500 people looking for their 7.50. That's some administration of a class action and id imagine at the end of it all you wont be getting your 7.50 back each. Instead you'll be getting your bill for your share of this "class action"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

You cannot take a class action in Ireland.

Get your bank to do a charge back, as you never received your goods and the business is now gone. You may need to push your bank on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Imagine if this was chefs garden direct trying to cope with this uptake.

Deal in Washington - it's live 3 hours and 700,000 have been sold so far. :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

emer12 wrote: »
    obivsouly they have had to cancel it Not ur choice when the company is gone bust !!!! City deal apparently didn't pay cgd when it said it would ( or so cgd. Said )

A real shame. It was a great deal and I probably would have used them again if it had worked out.
    A well documented problem with some companies that use Groupon is that they often get into it to boost shortterm cashflow. It looks very much like that was the case here - a company in difficulty trying to raise quick cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Population of Washington

erm no? There are some places in the world with a larger population that that of Dublin and Companies that actually run efficiently.
    Irelands a F*kin shambles.

It's not a computer malfunction - It was pointed out to me by a rep from livingsocial whom we are talking to about running a promotion with. They are in awe of it too. :)

The point I would make though is that the company involved are going to be financing this in a big way. Probably to the tune of 5$ per deal so this will have cost them 3.5 million so far and counting. Judging by the size of them they are equipped to handle it. (And of course the potential extra sales of the million or so people that end up using the coupons will soften that) but it's a big chunk of change to "invest" as such.

Similar situation with CGD - on a smaller scale of course. Ultimately it was too much to take on cash flow wise.

Washingtons population is circa 6 million (600k in the main city and 5.4 million in the metropolitan area)

I think this deal is redeemable across the entire united states at any of their branches so the high figures are probably spread country wide rather than Washington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Seems suspect

... they've got c.300 stores 'tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Washingtons population is circa 6 million (600k in the main city and 5.4 million in the state)

I think this deal is redeemable across the entire united states at any of their branches so the high figures are probably spread country wide rather than Washington.

Also allot of people purchasing multiples I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tkmaxie

Have many others not received a refund? I haen't got mine as yet ....

Tkmaxie wrote: »
    Have many others not received a refund? I haen't got mine as yet ....

yep, still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RecessionBuster

Has anyone got a refund or do they know what is the best way to get one?

- money has already gone from my bank a/c after redeeming citydeal voucher and booking on CGD's online system

If we have to contact groupon/citydeal what are the best contact details for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tkmaxie

My refund went through last night, PHEW that's a relief :o)

RecessionBuster have a read up through the posts and you'll find the info you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

I contacted City Deal by phone about a week or 2 ago and had my money refunded to my visa debit in about 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RecessionBuster

Just got my refund today! Yipee! Looks like the CGD website is nomore though, did this actually put them out of busines?

I'm sort of conflicted if that is the case - 50% think it is a good thing if they are inept but 50% think it's sad, particularly if citydeal screwed them in some way? Anyone know what story is?

May have put me off citydeals forever though! particularly service based deals reliant on lead times.

Still waiting for the refund. I got an email from City Deal on the 09th saying it would take about 5 working days, nothing this morning...

that whole food deal wasn't just DC, i had friends posting it on their facebook pages in NJ and PA - I would have bought it! i wish there was a whole foods in ireland, it's the best supermarket - if you are in america and you see one, worth having lunch at their amazing salad/hot food bar

re: class action over 7.50 - i'm just annoyed i'm out any money at all, and if someone were getting disgruntled jilted people together, i'd get on board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Civil matter - nothing whatsoever to do with police/gardai unless intentional fraud can be proven.
    Nancenet70 wrote: »
    Class Action? - You're watching too much American TV! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 edwalsh

still waiting on my refund 14 days.

Advertisement