Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressed Air

Options
  • 06-08-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some cheap cans of compressed air, the type you would use to clean your PC. Cheapest I found was €14 for 4 cans on Amazon except they dont ship it to Ireland.

Elsewhere I'd have to pay €10 or more for one can!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

If it's possible for you to move the parts you need to use the air on then bring them to the car garage and give em a spray with the compressed air there ;) Had to find compressed air quick before and it worked a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Easons do cans for 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭VonLuck

jive wrote: »
    If it's possible for you to move the parts you need to use the air on then bring them to the car garage and give em a spray with the compressed air there ;) Had to find compressed air quick before and it worked a charm

Isn't the compressed air in car garages really powerful? Might cause damage to the parts I would have thought?
    Rebel021 wrote: »
    Easons do cans for 7.99

Really? Was in there today and could have picked one up :(. Probably the cheapest in a bricks and mortar shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

The type of compressors used in garages use a lubricant that mixes with the air as it comes out of the machines. It is not good for cleaning PC parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Baraboo wrote: »
    The type of compressors used in garages use a lubricant that mixes with the air as it comes out of the machines. It is not good for cleaning PC parts.

:D I did not know this. Sorry for bad advice. Worked a treat for cleaning my phone parts though... the phone is still going strong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Easons do cans for 7.99
    Tesco are cheaper - about €6. Big Tesco stores should stock it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Esel wrote: »
    Tesco are cheaper - about €6. Big Tesco stores should stock it.
    I've never seen them in Tesco :confused:
    Damm you Dun Laoghaire for your smaller store:D

Advertisement