Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to ensure that I dont get emergency taxed..

• 06-08-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

I have moved from school to school in the past for teaching posts and I always seem to get emergency taxed..

I have a job for this coming September and I really want my pay to be right from the start, how can I make sure I dont get emergency taxed.. what do I need to do??

(I know this question isnt particular to teaching and lecturing but Im hoping someone on here will be able to answer me)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Visit your local tax office with a copy of your P45 from your last job and have details on who your new employer is (VEC of Dept of Ed) and then you fill out a form (thinks a 12A they call it).

Then they should get a tax credit cert sent out to you and your new employer. When you get this document your employer gets it at roughly the same time and then, depending on how fast they process it, you should have no reason to be paying emergency tax.

But just to note that there will be loads of new staff probably starting at the same time (if it's dept of ed) and it may take a bit of time to get you sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

As soon as you get your tax cert, ring the payroll depart in DES/VEC to say that they should have gotten it also. I'm my experience they dont check what is coming in from the revenue so you have to ring and get them to check :rolleyes:

oh and the DES payroll work 2 weeks in advance so ring straight away!

Advertisement