Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxendales

Options
  • 06-08-2011 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Anybody here use oxendales? I think its a disgrace the big price increases in their latest catalog, Every single item has got up an avarage of €10, Why is this? There has been no vat or postage increase since last spring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not sure what the Consumer Issue is here. Price increases are a fact of life and retailers can impose them as they want. It's up to you as the consumer, to decide if you want to pay those prices.

In general, the cost of living is increasing at the moment. Fuel costs have increased significantly and businesses can't continue to absorb those costs. In short, they will start to be passed to the customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Businesses can charge whatever they want for their products/services. It's up to consumers to decide whether it's worth the price or not.

There doesn't have to be a reason for the increase. Just don't buy from them.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I use Oxendales, their stuff is nice but TBH it's always been quite expensive. I'd usually only use it to get an outfit if I had an occasion coming up like a wedding or a holiday. Maybe their running costs have gone up and this is why they've increased their prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

With Oxendales you have the option of paying over 12 moths, which is more manageable in these times than paying in full (even if it's cheaper) from the shop.

In the 80's, my mother and her sisters bought stuff on credit from Oxendales and Family Album.

Advertisement