Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda UTD V DundalkFC Friday 12/8/2011

Options
  • 06-08-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Drogs on the up? Dundalk looking to push up the table and secure a Euro spot??
    I always look forward to these matches and the few pints and banter in the Windmill bar before and after the match.Sooooooo what way will it go?? Dundalk for a handy 2-0 win for me,but i am sure that there is an opinion or two that will say otherwise floating around this place. :pac:

Mon' the Thowwwwn !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Drogs are playing great stuff at present so i reckon it will be a tight game . Reckon mulvenna will score ! How sweet that would be :D A draw wouldnt be the worst result for us as long as we beat you in the cup the week after !

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

League match: Drogs 2-1 Duns

Cup match: Drogs 3-0 Duns

Well I was close!
    An absolute cracker of a match though it has to be said. Really wets the appetite for the cup match in 2 weeks time.
    I would recommend going to that to anyone. 2 good footballing sides, in front of a big noisy crowd, its sure to be another great night in United Park...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I would recommend going to that to anyone. 2 good footballing sides, in front of a big noisy crowd, its sure to be another great night in United Park...

Keep plugging the game in Drogland! Both sides really could do with the gate from a bumper crowd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Surely after 2 results for Drogheda, win in oriel and a point last Friday, Dundalk (as most will agree have better players) will win the cup tie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Fair result in HD park last Friday,if the cup match is half as good then it will be a cracker.Hope too see a big crowd up there for the cup match and of course the atmosphere will be electric.
    Dundalk to shade it 3-2 :cool:

Surely after 2 results for Drogheda, win in oriel and a point last Friday, Dundalk (as most will agree have better players) will win the cup tie

Not sure i am following your logic tbh :confused: We deserved the win in oriel and in utd pk imo . Gave away a crap goal to j byrne when we really should have pushed on for the 3rd . Should be a cracker on fri week and i really hope Droghedas footballing public get up off there arse and come and support Drogs in a local derby .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

MY logic is Dundalk are a better side in all positions

MY logic is Dundalk are a better side in all positions

Thats why you drew with bray last night who we played off the pk 2 weels ago and also why we beat you in oriel and drew in utd pk . Cocky dundalk fans :eek:Your spending about 10 times more than we on players wages also which makes it even more funny :D Fozzy bear be getting the sack anytime soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The league table doesnt lie:D, Dundalk would do well to take the Drogs manager on next season, has to be better than Foster and considering what he can do with a tiny budget.

• Advertisement

Dundalk wont be " taking " anything from us next season , except maybe a few of our rejects like ross gaynor , chris kerr and osbourne ;) . Even Darius is bitching about the state of your club to anyone who will listen to him here in Drogheda :eek:

Dundalk wont be " taking " anything from us next season , except maybe a few of our rejects like ross gaynor , chris kerr and osbourne ;) . Even Darius is bitching about the state of your club to anyone who will listen to him here in Drogheda :eek:
    Oh dear,the bitching and silly talk has started.Darius Kierans is such a professional that i know that even if he despised(and there is a chance that he does) DundalkFC,he wouldnt shoot his mouth in the way that you say he is.I worked with the guy and he is a pro to his fingertips.

No doubt that darius is a professional to the max but i assure you he is expressing his displeasure at the way things are being run at your football club at present . The houghton saga seems to be a real bone of contention . Badly handled . And i dont think for one minute that he hates DFC . Why would he ?

No doubt that darius is a professional to the max but i assure you he is expressing his displeasure at the way things are being run at your football club at present . The houghton saga seems to be a real bone of contention . Badly handled .

OK:rolleyes:

I hope Dundalk fans will come up with something better for this friday than they did the last time!!

Super6.jpg

The Drogs fans effort was slightly better I think!

dsdrogsvdundalkultras-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Aye, even though half of them are banned.:)

Dunny! wrote: »
    Aye, even though half of them are banned.:)

None of them are banned . All of them where present at the game . Cant wait to see what work of genius " the town " fans come up with . Pathetic :D

"Pathetic"...It's a banner!!!:D:D

And they where banned.

"Pathetic"...It's a banner!!!:D:D

And they where banned.

Ah boo hoo you gonna give me a grammar lesson now :D you should have given your little ultras one 2 weeks ago before they made that " pathetic " banner . Still think your gonna win 5 0 against our " pub team " then :p

• Advertisement

Ah boo hoo you gonna give me a grammar lesson now :D you should have given your little ultras one 2 weeks ago before they made that " pathetic " banner . Still think your gonna win 5 0 against our " pub team " then :p

I doubt he has changed his mind in the 6 hours since he posted it on Orielweb !!

BTW,Im loving the great build up to the match from droghedaunited.ie :eek:.
    Have a read(or a listen) and see how a proper website does it :pac:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/audio-darius-a-dundalk-man-for-the-night

http://www.dundalkfc.com/build-up-bolger-keen-to-sample-aviva-experience

http://www.dundalkfc.com/audio-mchugh-missing-that-winning-feeling

http://www.dundalkfc.com/build-up-cherrie-wants-106-in-2011

Fantastic!:D

I doubt he has changed his mind in the 6 hours since he posted it on Orielweb !!

BTW,Im loving the great build up to the match from droghedaunited.ie :eek:.
    Have a read(or a listen) and see how a proper website does it :pac:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/audio-darius-a-dundalk-man-for-the-night

http://www.dundalkfc.com/build-up-bolger-keen-to-sample-aviva-experience

http://www.dundalkfc.com/audio-mchugh-missing-that-winning-feeling

http://www.dundalkfc.com/build-up-cherrie-wants-106-in-2011

Yes our official website is fairly crap. Fair play on the Dundalk one though, they always do great previews it seems. Your medal is in the post.

And we don't have any barring orders at DUFC.
    DFC could do with a few though.

Plenty of bans handed out to your "ultras", big uproar about it amongst whatever fans you have left. :D

Dunny! (!!!!!!!) that was some time ago - the club over reacted over some stupid flag and a couple of lads were banned. Common sense prevailed and they were let back.
    Compare that with the actions of some of your fans over the last few years. What was the latest again - drinking, smoking and flashing young girls on the dart

Karl! (Pilky) Are you lot not constantly complaining about your understudies being chucked out and you yourselves cant get out and back for a pint?! I even remember a few of you mentioned a boycott ffs!:D

I cant comment about the lads on the DART tbh nothing was proved afaik. Not saying it didnt happen though.

Karl! (Pilky) Are you lot not constantly complaining about your understudies being chucked out and you yourselves cant get out and back for a pint?! I even remember a few of you mentioned a boycott ffs!:D .

The answer to your question is no! There was some discussion about people being allowed entry who show up late. And also discussion on getting out for a half time pint (don't bother with that myself). But this is more a health and safety issue I believe, and nothing to do with what you're talking about. In fact this issue hasnt even come up in quite some time, so you're talking crap again, as usual!
    I cant comment about the lads on the DART tbh nothing was proved afaik. Not saying it didnt happen though.

Involved yourself then were you?

would also like to think there will no arrests made of duns fans on fri like there was earlier in the season :eek: Some serious idiots among your genuine support . Lets look forward to a good game of football and may the best team win on the night . But FFS 0 5 Dunny :D LOL .

Yes our official website is fairly crap. Fair play on the Dundalk one though, they always do great previews it seems. Your medal is in the post.
    Give that medal to your ultras for that banner that looks as if it has come from an orange order parade.:confused:

• Advertisement

Give that medal to your ultras for that banner that looks as if it has come from an orange order parade.:confused:

Good one :rolleyes:

Anyway, todays the day. Looks like decent weather for it as well. Maybe with Rovers remarkable result in Europe last night we might even get a few more curious heads going up to the game. I wont be holding my breath though!

Advertisement