Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda UTD V DundalkFC Friday 12/8/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Kearns going to Peterborough and will miss the replay. Apparently for some strange reason Drogs were 4/1 on Friday. Haven't confirmed that but heard someone claim that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

fh041205 wrote: »
    Kearns going to Peterborough and will miss the replay. Apparently for some strange reason Drogs were 4/1 on Friday. Haven't confirmed that but heard someone claim that was the case.
    What that they were 4/1 ?? They were.

What that they were 4/1 ?? They were.

Yea. Thats very long odds for any football game of this nature.

Yea. Thats very long odds for any football game of this nature.
    They will be longer on tuesday night.They were 15/1 or so back the last time they beat us in Oriel Park.

They will be longer on tuesday night.They were 15/1 or so back the last time they beat us in Oriel Park.

Our form is much better at the moment though. Back then we'd only just got away from the bottom of the league I think. And we hadn't won a league game in Oriel in a long long time. I think 13 years. I thought it was 9/1 last time tbh.

EDIT: It was 11/1

• Advertisement

I thought it was 9/1 last time tbh.
    Yep the average price with High street bookies(PP,Boylesports etc) at that time was around 9/1 but on line/internet bookies such as BET 365 and Skybet etc. were giving the higher odds that i quoted.
    Anyway, dont be throwing your money away by backing them on Tuesday cos it aint gonna happen. ;)

Ah come on, thats what they said last time! If Dundalk show up this time, maybe. But they were awful in Drogheda even against 10.

Nice to have the income of two big gates in a week though! :D

Ah come on, thats what they said last time! If Dundalk show up this time, maybe. But they were awful in Drogheda even against 10.

Nice to have the income of two big gates in a week though! :D

It will be a good gate if yous take down the kind of crowd that we sent up there last night, but i wont hold my breath waiting for that to happen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

It will be a good gate if yous take down the kind of crowd that we sent up there last night, but i wont hold my breath waiting for that to happen. :pac:

Yeah thanks for bring up a big crowd to drogheda ! we could do with the money :D Duns where ****e with 11 men and we should win on tues . Please god we do :eek:

Yeah thanks for bring up a big crowd to drogheda ! we could do with the money :D Duns where ****e with 11 men and we should win on tues . Please god we do :eek:

You do know that FAI cup gates are split evenly between the clubs and that the FAI also get a % as well ??
    Duns where ****e with 11 men
    Errrmmm,thats the usual amount for a football team but i think i get the jist of what your saying.

• Advertisement

Yea but its better for away teams. I think the gates are split 50/50 but the home team has to pay the expenses for the referee and his assistants. I'd really hope we can get 400 hundred of the crowd from last friday to go up to Oriel. Even if it is the worst away section in the country, its still a massive cup game for both teams, possibly all either of us really have left to play for.

10 green did you get a good view of the peno the other night? We were too far away to see it, but instincts told me if it was a foul, a soft one, but a foul. Radio said not a red card apparently???

You do know that FAI cup gates are split evenly between the clubs and that the FAI also get a % as well ??

Errrmmm,thats the usual amount for a football team but i think i get the jist of what your saying.

Well aware of the split gate thanks. And you do know we went to 10 men dont you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

10 green did you get a good view of the peno the other night? We were too far away to see it, but instincts told me if it was a foul, a soft one, but a foul. Radio said not a red card apparently???

From were I was, it did look like a penalty. Thought Griffen or whoever it was made the most of it but you expect that these days. IMO it was a harsh red card, will be interesting to see what the lads on MNS have to say. TV cameras might show a better view of it all.

If Drogheda play near the way they have been of late, bar the Pats match obviously, I'll be expecting to go through. Think the 11/2 price being offered for them to win is ridiculous but I won't be complaining when it comes in.

Well aware of the split gate thanks. And you do know we went to 10 men dont you :confused:
    Are you just on the wind-up ???
    10 green did you get a good view of the peno the other night? We were too far away to see it, but instincts told me if it was a foul, a soft one, but a foul. Radio said not a red card apparently??

TBH i didnt see the peno although all round me said it defo was one, but that the sending off was a tad harsh.Stilll we were'nt complaining on either decision i will tell you :pac:

TBH i didnt see the peno although all round me said it defo was one, but that the sending off was a tad harsh.Stilll we were'nt complaining on either decision i will tell you :pac:

Yea thats exactly what I thought at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

any idea how much we got for kearns:confused:

blingrhino wrote: »
    any idea how much we got for kearns:confused:

Rumor has it that it was € 150,000 .

Rumor has it that it was € 150,000 .

Jesus thats good going. Any sort of fee is impressive for a LOI player these days. But thats pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Gates are split 50/50 AFTER the fai get their (considerable I believe) wedge

Re the peno red card incident - I was down that end for it, and my gut reaction at the time was that it was outside the box. I was also very unsure at the time if there was any contact. Of course none of that stopped that cretin Hancock come steaming in to take centre stage.

MNS last night didn't really clear up if it was a dive or not, so i'm gonna go on my gut for that as well - DIVE :P

Replay tonight, its gonna be fun...

Can't wait. Hopefully keep the momentum of Friday going, because we definitely looked stronger but couldn't score. Hope to christ corcoran has been practising his finishing for tonight...

• Advertisement

The Bragging rights are back in the North part off the county this morning.In the end the best side won.
    Simples :)

The Bragging rights are back in the North part off the county this morning.In the end the best side won.
    Simples :)

I'll say nothing apart from that I couldn't disagree more about Dundalk being the better side. Crowd were bored to death I thought despite even being 2-0 up. It was so quiet in the ground coming up to half-time I couldn't believe it.

I'll say nothing apart from that I couldn't disagree more about Dundalk being the better side. Crowd were bored to death I thought despite even being 2-0 up. It was so quiet in the ground coming up to half-time I couldn't believe it.
    Same old Drogs,bad result,lets change the subject :rolleyes:

"Former DroghedaUtd CEO Lost head in Oriel Park.
    20 big heads join in search for missing team" :pac:
    LoL

A stone wall pen denied by a crap linesman , combined with the one you got in utd pk last wk :mad:. LOI officals are just pathetic . Duns just shaded the play last night but our keeper was at fault for both your goals . Very poor home crowd as well tbh . Not a peep out of the " shed " all night even when you 2 nil up . Worst away section in the country , dont moan again about the away section in Drogheda , its small , compact and creates a great atmosphere . Hope bohs fcukin hammer you in the next round and judging you last few performances against us i think they will ..

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Imo it was never gonna be our night after those 2 quick goals. I thought we were doing fairly ok before that. Though if the peno was given, as it should have been, then it might have been a very different outcome.

Imo it was never gonna be our night after those 2 quick goals. I thought we were doing fairly ok before that. Though if the peno was given, as it should have been, then it might have been a very different outcome.

I actually thought the opposite. Though Dundalk looked dangerous in the first half, but went to sleep after they were 2-0 up, almost immediately actually. Jason Byrne was the only one in the second half showing any signs of life.

Strangely, I was happy enough after the game, thought we more than held our own and were unlucky second half. Definite peno, White's header, white's miss of an open net, Brennan's shot excellently saved, Rogers shot, Lynch's deflected shot. Plenty of good opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

A stone wall pen denied by a crap linesman , combined with the one you got in utd pk last wk :mad:. LOI officals are just pathetic . Duns just shaded the play last night but our keeper was at fault for both your goals . Very poor home crowd as well tbh . Not a peep out of the " shed " all night even when you 2 nil up . Worst away section in the country , dont moan again about the away section in Drogheda , its small , compact and creates a great atmosphere . Hope bohs fcukin hammer you in the next round and judging you last few performances against us i think they will ..

Want some cheese with your whine?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Though if the peno was given, as it should have been, then it might have been a very different outcome.

Fair point but the same could be said for the league game in Utd Park.

Dundalk were the better side even if they did take their feet off the gas in the second half. Not a massive gap between the sides but Dundalk have that extra bit of class when it matters

• Advertisement

The words " class " and dundalk shouldnt be used in the same sentence :D unless you actually win the cup this season will have to be considered a failure for foster really .

Advertisement