Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

dsmythy wrote: »
    They are destroying people's cars, businesses, jobs, homes. Crack some skulls.

Release the hounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dfx- wrote: »
    Have you passed these facts onto the IPCC?

Just after ringing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

heard a suggestion some "anarchists" were involved but I can't imagine your classic more intelligent indigenous anarcho punks were wasting their time orchestrating any of these grunts. they tend to save it for something more global and significant. I hope some of those lads can find their way back to tottenham from Enfield, furthest they've ever been from home I'd imagine.. were those nikes really worth it?!

Goddamn so many kinder surprises on show :/ screee.. Think I saw j-roc!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do they have to? Perhaps they have a very low opinion and high suspicion of the Met? Maybe it's people exploiting anger over the police's non-response to their protest to vent from their own experience. It's not beyond the realms of probability especially with the track record of that particular police force as mentioned by iguana.

Yeah , I suppose a free telly will sort all their police related issues.:rolleyes:
    Certainly easier than presuming the police were right, like many many people have decided in this thread without any knowledge.

Its ok to comdenm the police outright without any evidence, but not to defend them? Strange logic that.

You mean the war that happened more than a generation ago?

Are these not the elderly people that are supposedly so respected in Japan that teach the younger generation respect and whatnot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Only reading up on this now and haven't read whole thread so not sure if its been said before but,

Goes to show, even in looting situations people still think Macs are ****.

pic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm not saying this is 100% a bad thing... but the looters & their peers will pay for all that stuff over the coming years.
    Less of a reason for the police to give a rats ass about trouble there. I can see the area going down the tube a bit quicker after the riots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Its ok to comdenm the police outright without any evidence, but not to defend them? Strange logic that.

Well my original point was that the vast majority of people are ok with condemning the rioters and not defending them, which is just as strange a logic. It's not ok either way. The police were right, as taytolover said, the person deserved it and we should all go crack skulls. Apparently.

Without any evidence either way - taytolover excepted obviously, who knew the victim and saw the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Well my original point was that the vast majority of people are ok with condemning the rioters and not defending them, which is just as strange a logic. It's not ok either way. The police were right, as taytolover said, the person deserved it and we should all go crack skulls. Apparently.

Without any evidence either way - taytolover excepted obviously, who knew the victim and saw the shooting.

What is strange about condemning people who are throwing missiles and looting and setting fire to people's homes and business'?

Jammyc wrote: »
    Only reading up on this now and haven't read whole thread so not sure if its been said before but,

Goes to show, even in looting situations people still think Macs are ****.

Scree..

Just a wholly degenerate culture. These skangers genuinely let music influence their life too much. these are people for whom lyrics of robbing and gangbanging are their only inspiration in the event of no musicianship. and robbed this raditionally world renowned rock nation of many a potential talent

btw didn't rap meet rave ultimately? Like-minds. Heard a top-40 for first time in a decades today, sounded like techno with vocoded white rap pounding metronome it was maddening, It's **** 'd, Just one big playground now. never thought I'd say this but feargal sharkey, SOS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Nodin wrote: »
    When a certain section of our populace felt they were discriminated against by society and the police, they started a world wide "terrorist" campaign that went on for 30 or so years. You may have missed this when you were reading tea leaves to see the future.
    The folks who were just rioting and acting the maggot last night did not have the paras set on them like a certain section did in the 70's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

You mean the war that happened more than a generation ago?

They certainly aren't saints but the do have a high degree of civic pride and respect for society.

Many if not most of the Japanese are as hard as nails. If anything gets out of hand in japan, they would shot them dead. They sentance people to death so does China but on a much smaller scale. serious human rights issues.

being reported now that Walthamstow has.. well... gone to the dogs!

and folks thought dublin's skanger problem is bad?! just hope they never develop organizational skillz!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

and folks thought dublin's skanger problem is bad?! just hope they never develop organizational skillz!
    what? where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

bronte wrote: »
    what? where did you see this?

Something is going on there as all bus routes passing through there were cancelled 5 minutes ago.

Link

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I wonder if NATO will intervene to assist the rebels?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Something is going on there as all bus routes passing through there were cancelled 5 minutes ago.

Link

Thank you....I know someone living nearby...just want to warn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Compared to Gtr London ? ... it's miniscule .

Latchy wrote: »

Compared to Gtr London ? ... it's miniscule .

for sure, but it's still the majority!

and counting.. "just try and fit in" would be ill advice :/ folk just get sucked in now it's the norm, frank spencer would be a f*cking burburry capped herbert in 2011 I reckon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Rioters, in Burberry, will be playing left to right on your screens...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

is it all black people doing the rioting? i dont have a telly so im only geussing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

for sure, but it's still the majority!

and counting.. "just try and fit in" would be ill advice :/ folk just get sucked in now it's the norm, frank spencer would be a f*cking burburry capped herbert in 2011 I reckon!!
    Wonder what Del Boy and co would make of it all eh ? ...no wait
    flanum wrote: »
    is it all black people doing the rioting? i dont have a telly so im only geussing!
    Colour telly were it's at these days ..

What I'd really like to see, is a swell of force baton charge those insubordinate boys from the rear!!

Take them by surprise and clear them out!!

I only have a black and white telly so i dont know either.

I just bought a brand new 46" LED 3dtv on Ebay from a guy in London though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭afrodub

No it is NOT all black people,there is a false impression given by MSM however that it is !!

afrodub wrote: »
    No it is NOT all black people,there is a false impression given by MSM however that it is !!

You might need to ring Sky News, they seem to have edited white people in to the videos by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

From the Metropolitan Police's Twitter:

3 officers taken to hospital after being hit by fast car whilst making arrests for looting in Waltham Forest. Injuries not life threatening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Footlocker shoe shop in S.London on fire now according to SN.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus, it really is chaos over there, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Advertisement