Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kleefarr wrote: »
    At least report it to Facebook. Done!
    The longer the keep it open the more idiots will attach themselves to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Me saying that it doesn't give them the rights won't stop it unfortunately, this is what happens when our governments let us down.

...and when parents fail to raise their kids properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

ordinary nationalists in the North

No such thing.

If you have a problem with being harrassed where you live then leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

baaaa wrote: »
    Lol at your brain:D
    So we're clear then,neither "starvation" nor "3rd world" conditions were ever actually mentioned on the blog,you just said they were to suit your thoughts.

yes we are clear and i never said she used them words I said she implying that that is the types of conditions these people live in. So lol at ur last of understanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

More news on the now infamous pic of the woman who jumped from the window:
    Jamie Boxell, who runs the Gun Tavern in Croydon, said seven police officers screamed at the middle woman to jump from her burning flat after she was left behind in the evacuation.

Mrs Boxell, aged 34 years said: "A guy broke into the building where this woman lives and set a sofa on fire with a lighter.

"This was about 8pm and we were standing on the roof of the pub watching it all. The pub and surrounding premises were evacuated but then we heard this screaming and a woman was standing at the window.

"They pulled the rugs from the shop next door to make a soft landing and there were seven officers shouting and screaming at her to jump. She did and they caught her. She then walked off, she was really shaken up.

That's from the Telegraph. At least we know she walked away from that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

...and when parents fail to raise their kids properly.

Hey genius....maybe the parents are disenfranchised too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Girl I regularly converse with on Twitter about Newcastle just tweeted this. She's currently living in Wimbledon.
    Actually still in shock! Spitting in the face of my baby niece is about fúcking politics and government does it??? Rot in hell you cúnts

Sickening stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Don't you think that the fact that this level of disturbance can happen in a so called 'caring society' that it shows that that 'caring society' is a con job? And who do you think the perpetrators of the myth of a 'caring society' are?
    I think the fact that most of these scum have been living off the state up till now shows how caring the society is. And the fact that they are not now being lined up against walls and shot also shows how caring the society is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

That was quick, she's deleted her Twitter acc already

• Advertisement

They are leaving....they are coming to live with you and like you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

So, will The Man use the riots are an reason to attack or limit private communication?

One London MP has already asked the Blackberry to turn off their IM tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Wait until she tweets from her cell after she is locked up.

"Sitting in cell ATM, 4 other ***'s sharing 6X6 cell with me. That's fun innit."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

RobitTV wrote: »
    Osama bin laden is back on channel 847 driving the batmobile around birmingham.
    Lol wtf is this?

Hey genius....maybe the parents are disenfranchised too!

...and that stops you raising your kids correctly?

FFS man, what do you want. A complete nanny state?

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think the fact that most of these scum have been living off the state up till now shows how caring the society is. And the fact that they are not now being lined up against walls and shot also shows how caring the society is.

We proud of ourselves now?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

They are leaving....they are coming to live with you and like you. ;)

What does that even mean?

A complete nanny state?

No, a fair one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

4.22pm: Shops in East Dulwich are closing their doors, according to reports on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

cosmicfart wrote: »
    yes we are clear and i never said she used them words I said she implying that that is the types of conditions these people live in. So lol at ur last of understanding
    You obviously can't read or write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Why do you say that? Would you tolerate that? Constantly being stopped and searched and constantly demeaned? Are you old enough to remember how that kind of activity kicked off riots in your own country?
    Try imagining what that is like over several generations in deprived communities.
    There are people in these communities that have been constantly warning about what was going to happen. They where ignored and now the whole capital is imperilled.

AND
    Exactly. These were the things being done by the Black and Tans. People only take so much of it. Stop and search powers without good reason are ridiculous. These people are obviously going to hate the police.

The victim on Friday, Mark Duggan, was apparently paranoid because his cousin was stabbed. How the f*ck did he expect the police to find out who is likely to carry a weapon and injure/ maim/ kill his friends or family unless they stop and search known troublemakers? Maybe they should just do nothing at all- bet he would have a fair few more close to him picked off by knife- wielding youths.

With all due respect to the man who was (badly) interviewed by BBC, how would he know whether his grandson was a troublemaker or not? He doesn't know what he gets up to with his buddies- did you tell your nan what you would get up to? He would just know that teenagers comes home complaining of "racist" police officers doing these searches.

Same thing as parents in my area when growing up would completely ignore their little darlings bullying thuggish ways until someone stood up to them, then they would be out screaming the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Cianos wrote: »
    That was quick, she's deleted her Twitter acc already

Pretty sure it was a troll account anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm just stunned more people aren't dead- it's only a matter of time until some innocent bystander gets their head kicked in or something. I still can't get my head around all of this- everywhere has their fair share of scumbags (Dublin most certainly does..) but for them to take over like this boggles the mind completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CorkMan wrote: »
    Wait until she tweets from her cell after she is locked up.

"Sitting in cell ATM, 4 other ***'s sharing 6X6 cell with me. That's fun innit."

Now that's unfair. She's learnt her lesson and now has to try and struggle with all her new gear. She's obviously having a hard enough time as it is. I'm sure she really wants to give all the stuff back.

My heart goes out to you, you ****ing piece of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Thank God no broom factories were burned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Prime example of stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Go find the vid of Darkus Howe being ridiculed on the BBC. Says it all really, 'don't you dare try and analyse this...we demand your condemnations' when the establishment couldn't get their pound of flesh....accuse him of rioting :rolleyes: At the moment they are winning the PR war, the sheep are bleating for blood.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Statements like this that make it clear that some folks don't have a great handle on the reality of the matter.

Where will they move to, pray tell, and how? Should they expect different treatment when they get there, and why?

No, a fair one.

And what, to your mind, is a 'fair' society.

Please elaborate.

• Advertisement

What does that even mean?

It's quite simple, they are taking what society says they can't have, what society told their parents, they can't have.
    I'm only suprised that it has taken this long.

Advertisement