Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Already taken down!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It's quite simple, they are taking what society says they can't have, what society told their parents, they can't have.
    I'm only suprised that it has taken this long.

Load of arse. Who says they can't have it? Why are they entitled to take it as they please while others pay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Statements like this that make it clear that some folks don't have a great handle on the reality of the matter.

Where will they move to, pray tell, and how? Should they expect different treatment when they get there, and why?

Well then it must be hopeless. Why even try?

Just stay in your shiity situation and whinge about it and expect someone else to pick up the pieces. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

baaaa wrote: »
    You obviously can't read or write.

yes my editing skills arent the best as I post to quick but brilliant come back there by you put me right in my place so it did :P

Come on mods change the thread title to Riots in the UK/England.
    I'm an Arsenal fan, but still.

• Advertisement

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Come on mods change the thread title to Riots in the UK/England.

Id prefer 'Anarachy in the UK' pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's quite simple, they are taking what society says they can't have, what society told their parents, they can't have.
    I'm only suprised that it has taken this long.

They're not taking what society says they can't have, they're taking what they don't want to work for. And what's worse, they're taking it from people who did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Load of arse. Who says they can't have it? Why are they entitled to take it as they please while others pay?

Maybe because they now see, that while they were living within the terms laid down by the 'establishment' the establishment wasn't paying either. And now they will be even more penalised and disenfranchised to pay for the establishments excess.
    The centre cannot hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Id prefer 'Anarachy in the UK' pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :D

Surely it has to be "Panic on the streets of London"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Wasn't only the youf involved in the looting http://i.imgur.com/C5XQm.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did not know it was that widespread. I don't think it has reached the media in the US yet but that will happen soon. Riots even spread to my old place in Barking. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Hey genius....maybe the parents are disenfranchised too!

Hey genius why are people who grow up in London not able to get jobs when all around them are immigrants ( in what is, we are told, a world city) who come from Poland, Turkey, Vietnam and now Ireland with nothing, pay their rent and work. It is these latter who are working class, the class you are fetishising - probably from the safety of a leafy Irish suburb and a trust fund - are criminal lumpen proles. There has been plenty of work, but this criminal class didnt and wont do it.

Maybe because they now see, that while they were living within the terms laid down by the 'establishment' the establishment wasn't paying either. And now they will be even more penalised and disenfranchised to pay for the establishments excess.
    The centre cannot hold.

These mongs have never read a newspaper. They have no idea what's going on in the wider world.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

RobitTV wrote: »
    Osama bin laden is back on channel 847 driving the batmobile around birmingham.

Here he is for those without Sky: http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1594580480

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What time is kick off tonight?

The centre cannot hold.

What planet do you live on. The only people paying for anything work for a living. The work for a living brigade are the ones defending their shops, or the restaurants they are working in. And cleaning up today.

Barrington wrote: »
    Surely it has to be "Panic on the streets of London"

lol i getting some flash backs of Iron Maidens songs all of a sudden, how about 'To Tame a Land' ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

These mongs have never read a newspaper. They have no idea what's going on in the wider world.

No, it's intelligent caring people like you who read newspapers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Beefy78 wrote: »
    There aren't any in GB.

They aren't licensed to be used in GB.

The Police and Government don't want to kill anyone else and stir things up even more.

ummmm watercannons don't kill people, you could have the pressure down low and just demoralise people

What time is kick off tonight?

dont know but i aint staying up if it goes to extra time and penos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ruu wrote: »
    Did not know it was that widespread. I don't think it has reached the media in the US yet but that will happen soon. Riots even spread to my old place in Barking. :(

Its been headlines in the US since at least Sunday.

The host woman on Sky News now is tasty. It's hard to concentrate on what she's blattering about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I am the OP, what do u think I should change it to?

Like Tottenham was where it first happened, so do ye think it should stay that way? Like when people enter the thread they will read that, and they will discover it spread to London as it progressed. Tottenham was where it started, so maybe the topic title should stay like that because it is the starting point?

Or else should it be "Riots In London" (with the date staying afterwards)

So we're at mud-slinging stage now?

Sounds like a proxy ad hominen.

How about actually engaging in arguments on the facts. How is this criminal class attacking the workers in their own community "attacking the etablishment".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm just stunned more people aren't dead- it's only a matter of time until some innocent bystander gets their head kicked in or something. I still can't get my head around all of this- everywhere has their fair share of scumbags (Dublin most certainly does..) but for them to take over like this boggles the mind completely.
    The rioters have killed one so far in a car and hospitalised another elderly bystander. I'm sure there's plenty more smaller acts of violence during robberies and such that hasn't been reported.
    In a TV interview Mr Duggan's fiancée Semone Wilson accused cops of hiding the truth.
    "If he had a gun in his hand why didn't they shoot his hand to disarm him?"
    This is almost impossible to do unless suspect is perfectly still, and even then not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

danniemcq wrote: »
    ummmm watercannons don't kill people, you could have the pressure down low and just demoralise people

Free showers. Then they wouldn't even have to go home and change after running around last night. Clever move by Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Kicking off in West Brom now, according to BBC News.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am the OP, what do u think I should change it to?

Like Tottenham was where it first happened, so do ye think it should stay that way? Like when people enter the thread they will read that, and they will discover it spread to London as it progressed. Or else should it be "Riots In London" (with the date staying afterwards)

Anarchy in the UK

great btw how did you come up with the idea for this thread? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

danniemcq wrote: »

They just don't have any simple as that.

Also laws will have to be passed.

It will also lead to more looting of Shower gels as rioters make use of free showers.

Advertisement