Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yahew wrote: »
    What planet do you live on. The only people paying for anything work for a living.

lol....you obviously never heard of credit cards and the credit crisis. Buy some newspapers...it seems to be the solution. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I'd go with London riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am the OP, what do u think I should change it to?

Like Tottenham was where it first happened, so do ye think it should stay that way? Like when people enter the thread they will read that, and they will discover it spread to London as it progressed. Or else should it be "Riots In London" (with the date staying afterwards)

How does it feel to be a London copper, free advise at every turn

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

biko wrote: »
    The rioters have killed one so far in a car and hospitalised another elderly bystander.
    Mark Duggan, OG, shot at a policeman and the bullet lodged itself in a police radio. He was shot and this then triggered the riots.

No he didn't. It was a police bullet in the radio, so the policeman was hit by one of his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It's quite simple, they are taking what society says they can't have, what society told their parents, they can't have.
    I'm only suprised that it has taken this long.

society says they cant have tesco value basmati rice or crap from poundworld?

have you recently emerged from some sort of cocoon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

danniemcq wrote: »
    ummmm watercannons don't kill people, you could have the pressure down low and just demoralise people

Or water pistols. Those supersoaker 3000s are badass. spray their crotch so it looks like they've peed themselves. Rioting feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No, it's intelligent caring people like you who read newspapers:rolleyes:

Maybe cut back on the Ad hominem attacks and tell us....

What do you consider a fair society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

The rioters have killed one so far in a car and hospitalised another elderly bystander. I'm sure there's plenty more smaller acts of violence during robberies and such that hasn't been reported.
    Mark Duggan, OG, shot at a policeman and the bullet lodged itself in a police radio. He was shot and this then triggered the riots.
    Duggan did NOT shoot at police,lodged bullet is from a police weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The rioters have killed one so far in a car and hospitalised another elderly bystander. I'm sure there's plenty more smaller acts of violence during robberies and such that hasn't been reported.

There were reports earlier on sky that the person that was shot in the car was involved in rioting/looting and was shot by one of them.

The bullet that was in the police radio was a police bullet and not Duggans. He apparently was shot for waving a gun at the police, rightfully they shot the ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Anyone grab a screen of this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I am the OP, what do u think I should change it to?

Like Tottenham was where it first happened, so do ye think it should stay that way? Like when people enter the thread they will read that, and they will discover it spread to London as it progressed. Tottenham was where it started, so maybe the topic title should stay like that because it is the starting point?

Or else should it be "Riots In London" (with the date staying afterwards)

I'd change it to Riots in London. Or UK Riots. Less specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

blackdog2 wrote: »
    No he didn't. It was a police bullet in the radio, so the policeman was hit by one of his own.

May be Duggan had a police radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Maybe cut back on the Ad hominem attacks and tell us....

What do you consider a fair society?

One that doesn't consign generations to ghettos of no hope & no way out.
    And I am not talking about pacifying them with plasma TV's and pretend job schemes.
    Root and branch societal change.

What time is kick off tonight?

Which venue ?

• I was sent home from work early today, so looks like they're expecting more trouble. Getting seriously sick of this now. My students (I'm an ESL teacher) spent the whole day asking me why people are rioting and then around 4 they were told to get home immediately and stay indoors for the evening. It's an absolute disgrace. I don't even have an explanation for them. There's just no reason for any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Surely people don't think that the death of Mark Duggan is really the cause of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

lol....you obviously never heard of credit cards and the credit crisis. Buy some newspapers...it seems to be the solution. ;)

Lol, you seem to think there is some relationsip between the people who are rioting and the people who are innocently caught up in the credit crisis. The people who are caught up in the credit crisis are working to pay off their mortgage debts, and to pay for this lumpen crowd as well as the banks. In general it is the "middle classes". Some - like my sister - are in London paying off their mortages and unable to find work here, and now under threat from these lumpens.

These criminal lumpens dont work. They dont have credit. Most are kids.

So why dont you actually read a paper? You seem to think that a working class marched out of the factories and to the homes of the bankers, and the Rich. a 2 year old has a better understanding of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    There were reports earlier on sky that the person that was shot in the car was involved in rioting/looting and was shot by one of them.

The bullet that was in the police radio was a police bullet and not Duggans. He apparently was shot for waving a gun at the police, rightfully they shot the ****.

he was carrying a gun in a sock when he was shot dead apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Mods, is it OK if I change the title to "Riots In London" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

lol....you obviously never heard of credit cards and the credit crisis.

AHAHAHAAHH. What has that got to do with anything that's being talked about in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Duffff-Man wrote: »

This is very unlikely-he waves gun and they shoot him and in the confusion a cop fires at another cop?
    I'd say they shot him and then tried to stage it so it looked like he had shot at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I'd change it to RIOT I'm outta here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

It's not just London now though. Riots in Uk would be better.

Superbus wrote: »
    I'd change it to Riots in London. Or UK Riots. Less specific.

You must be an architect

no respect for history

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

UK riots would be better considering its already spread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

16.40 The cost of the damage has already hit £100 million, a spokesman for the Association of British Insurers (ABI) has said. Police could also be liable for property damage under a riot law from 1886.

16.45 People are leaving work early to avoid any further violence tonight. The trains are completely jammed according to journalist Hannah Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

blackdog2 wrote: »
    I've removed my claim but you should have a link to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Riots in England i would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I hope I don't eventually have to change it to "The British Revolution." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Maybe because they now see, that while they were living within the terms laid down by the 'establishment' the establishment wasn't paying either. And now they will be even more penalised and disenfranchised to pay for the establishments excess.
    The centre cannot hold.

Grade B troll. Keep trying.

Advertisement