Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Surely people don't think that the death of Mark Duggan is really the cause of this?

Not the cause but the tipping point Worth a read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Jesus tittyf*cking christ.. They're using Blackberries to co-ordinate the attacks. You do know how much a Blakcberry costs, yeah?

Zero when you loot it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kay Burley: "The police are getting tough, lets see what happens!"

She sounds gleeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody Sky News with coverage of riot police getting ready.

"They're getting tough, let's see what happens".

I'm surprised they haven't switched coverage to a pay per view sports channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Facts are going to take a while to come out of it. of course there are going to be things that turn out to be false, thats the nature of investigations.

but do you think any of the rioters give a **** at this stage, or are even listening? those two girl rioters on bbc didnt even know who was in government.

The rioters now, no. But it's more complicated than that. I won't repeat what I said in previous posts, but that event was certainly the catalyst that got the ball rolling. Along the way, it tapped into something bigger and turned into something else, but none of this stuff happened in a vacuum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Zero when you loot it!

yeah but then they get you with insurance and monthly bills :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I love the thread tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Some of the rioters are taking stuff they can't pay for....what does that remind you off?

Do you think, that just because you getto-ize people, give them a sub standard education in horrible environments that they won't see what is really going on in the world?

Maybe they are wrong but can you see how they might have gotten the wrong perception of how the world really works??
    Haven't we in the middle class gotten one hell of a wake up call this last few years?????
    Try and see beyond your nose...it's called 'understanding'.
    Em a fair few of us are working class. My father grew up in real poverty and never stole a thing in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Jesus tittyf*cking christ.. They're using Blackberries to co-ordinate the attacks. You do know how much a Blackberry costs, yeah?

Nothing when it's robbed!!!

• CiaranMT wrote: »
    Jesus tittyf*cking christ.. They're using Blackberries to co-ordinate the attacks. You do know how much a Blackberry costs, yeah?

BlackBerries are an essential requirement, don't you know? How can you possibly expect people to live without internet phones, Sky TV and an iPod Touch? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

DominoDub wrote: »
    I wonder why these are Selling fast on Amazon.co.uk !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bs_tab

That sureley has to be a set up or something??? that is crazy crazy % increases!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

It has begun in Birmingham. Some sort of van on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Lols, you can get a free Blackberry in the UK with just about all the networks, even on pay as you go you can get a Blackberry for less than a hundred bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Two 18-year-olds are arrested in Folkestone, Kent, after Scotland Yard says a number of "inflammatory" comments were seen on Facebook in relation to rioting in London and other cities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Swampy wrote: »
    I love the thread tags!

Especially "Get Rid of Keano" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

And about the race thing, let's not fool ourselves. The vast majority of the looters were black, and the vast majority of the people cleaning up are white. It's hardly racist to note that.

im seeing plenty of white faces. here for example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14462271

plenty of other places around if you want to check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

[I agree with the whole they ain't poverty stricken bit], but wanted to add that I doubt they buy their own Blackberries. All mugged off some suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Swampy wrote: »
    I love the thread tags!

"Boozy Brits At Home" made me LOL:D

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Especially "Get Rid of Keano" :pac:

WTF are thread tags anywho???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yeah I do...I also know how much a house costs, how much a decent education costs, how much a fair chance for my child costs.

Be afeard...they might get ipads...then we is really iF***ed!

• Advertisement

Happyman, you are just trolling .

Many many people grew up in poverty, many still do, but dont act the way those scumbags in UK are carrying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

murpho999 wrote: »
    "Boozy Brits At Home" made me LOL:D

Brilliant.

Millwall ladies night out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I've got the solution folks. Drop tonnes of mdma and magic mushrooms over London tonight. The rioters will be too loved up or freaked out to cause any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really hope the police kick some heads in tonight. But the rioters know they're coming so they'll run back to their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

It's quite simple, they are taking what society says they can't have, what society told their parents, they can't have.
    I'm only suprised that it has taken this long.

Oh be still my bleeding liberal heart :rolleyes:

They are bottom feeding scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

ardinn wrote: »
    That sureley has to be a set up or something??? that is crazy crazy % increases!!!

Well I know that if this was going down in Ireland I would be Buying one !

Some of the rioters are taking stuff they can't pay for....what does that remind you off?

Do you think, that just because you getto-ize people, give them a sub standard education in horrible environments that they won't see what is really going on in the world?

Maybe they are wrong but can you see how they might have gotten the wrong perception of how the world really works??
    Haven't we in the middle class gotten one hell of a wake up call this last few years?????
    Try and see beyond your nose...it's called 'understanding'.

Your talking a mountain of nonsense!

I worked in London for a while and I used to work with a lad from north east london, right in the thick of where all this started. He was one of the soundest lads I knew over there. Spoke really well, travelled for about 2 hours to and from work everyday getting both buses and the tube and he was a good worker. If you didn't know you would say he was from a very good area.

He even came over to Ireland for a weekend when I moved home to visit and he loved the place. Now I never asked but I can only presume he was from a fairly poor background considering where he lived is the stabbing capital of london. I would bet every penny I ever had and will have that he is travelling to work through all the riots.

In the end a person decides if they are going to be a scumbag or not its not decided by their background!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So you're blaming it on vampires then?

The findings are conclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Can them yokes north of watford have their own thread please

FFS putting London in with the UK

Disgrace

Please shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Kay Burley of sky news got this quote from one black youth spokesman

'' their mums are all out working all hrs to make ends meet and they (hooligans ) get bored '' ( jesus ... wtf ) :rolleyes:

She replied '' so are millions of other parents out working all hrs but their kids including mine dont go out at night , cause mayham , rioting and looting for fun ''?

Then he says matter of fact '' but your on a really high salary '' ? to which she replys '' I was brought up in council estate in Wigan and my parents taught me right from wrong '' ?

He looks back at her with blank expression on face :rolleyes:

I getting sick of hearing of these black spokesmen and women droning on about how cut off from society the black youth are, like some mantra we have heard hundreds of times before which reminds you of one of those horribly bad rap songs when the simple answer is that most of this scum are lazy, useless , feral rats .

^ Would you all ever **** off

Advertisement