Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Millwall ladies night out :pac:

Great Essex Nights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Many choose to to live in such ghettos. It's happening here too, in places like Mosney etc. Last year, when the state wanted to relocate some of the residents, they threatened to go on hunger strikes. Some people simply don't want to integrate themselves into already existing communities.

Totally off topic but you are wrong there. They ARE NOT ALLOWED to integrate and shoved in asylum centres so that they dont get to know people in the general public and get support for the their cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Sounds like it be kicking off in Mayfare, am effing off home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

shaneybaby wrote: »
    While to be honest i'd usually go with what the papers say there's a lot of confusion about this and the guardian isn't even sure in that report the bullet was a police bullet. It gives no source or where it heard that story from. If anything it's running a bit close to tabloid stuff.

Before i get insults for being a right wing police loving facist I'm not defending one or the other, just saying that whatever the story is we won't even get preliminaries of the report until all this calms down.

Don't get me wrong - I do think that the police in this case probably acted properly in shooting Duggan if they had every reason to believe he was a present threat, and so it seems.

However, when they immediately ran to cover themselves and then severely mishandled their treatment of Duggan's family and friends, it's understandable that people would be inclined to believe that this incident was only the latest cover-up in a series of apparently similar cases of wrongful killings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Please shut up.

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The Met are even calling retired officers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

On Channel 847 there is a fire, not sure where it is? Could be Birmingham?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    On Channel 847 there is a fire, not sure where it is? Could be Birmingham?

Possibly West Bromwich, near Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

im seeing plenty of white faces. here for example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14462271

plenty of other places around if you want to check

Absolutely. This is hardly black people verses white people. It's chavs verses normal people, if anything.

Yeah channel 847 is in bimringham.

My sis who works in london got sent home early with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I've got the solution folks. Drop tonnes of mdma and magic mushrooms over London tonight. The rioters will be too loved up or freaked out to cause any trouble.
    Better still coloured cyanide pills with smiley faces. :):p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭That Handsome Devil

DominoDub wrote: »
    I wonder why these are Selling fast on Amazon.co.uk !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bs_tab

Heard about the co-ordinating through blackberry stuff now too, guess whats at the top 2 movers on electronics?
    Blackberry chargers and cases. It won't display the numbers, but it must be something ridiculous to beat 1938% (3rd), and they've gone from completely unranked in sales to 84th/167th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

According to Twitter it is West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Really worried about my aunt and uncle who are spending a month in Kensington and my cousin and her family in Brighton, especially her hubby who was at work in Camden today and is hopefully on his way home.

So sick of this all but cant turn it off!

Just wondering has anyone heard from Biggins or Madmammy today? Mad mammys sister lives in Hackney with her children . Just hoping they got through the night peacefully.

I was actually trying to imagine last night, hoards of thugs walking by my front door, smashing up my area, Scary bloody thought, what the hell could you do??

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    I really hope the police kick some heads in tonight. But the rioters know they're coming so they'll run back to their holes.

The rioters might get more aggressive now that the police are getting more aggressive. The rioters might use more petrol bombs or even firearms.

(or a flamethrower ala South Korea)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sangat TV already showing burning cars in Birmingham.

Why do rioters only start after 5?

Are they actually working during the day?

• Latchy wrote: »
    Kay Burley of sky news got this quote from one black youth spokesman

'' their mums are all out working all hrs to make ends meet and they (hooligans ) get bored '' ( jesus ... wtf ) :rolleyes:

She replied '' so are millions of other parents out working all hrs but their kids including mine dont go out at night , cause mayham , rioting and looting for fun ''?

Then he says matter of fact '' but your on a really high salary '' ? to which she replys '' I was brought up in council estate in Wigan and my parents taught me right from wrong '' ?

He looks back at her with blank expression on face :rolleyes:

I getting sick of hearing of these black spokesmen and women droning on about how cut off from society the black youth are, like some mantra we have heard hundreds of times before which reminds you of one of those horribly bad rap songs when the simple answer is that most of this scum are lazy, useless , feral rats .

^ Would you all ever **** off

These halfwit chavs (of all races) really do believe they have it harder than anyone else in the whole world and that anyone with a bit of money must have been born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Good on Kay Burley for saying what we're all thinking. The concept of hard work really is alien for these people. They want all the things wealthy people have without having to work for them.
    Lols, you can get a free Blackberry in the UK with just about all the networks, even on pay as you go you can get a Blackberry for less than a hundred bucks.

Contracts are still expensive and most PAYG models are still 150+. You call that poverty? I only bought my first BlackBerry this year and I work full time. My students were all asking me why we don't have social welfare in Britain and why so many people are so poor. This isn't about poverty. People are not looting Tesco so they can eat tonight. They're lazy, chavvy worthless scumbags with no respect for anyone or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

CorkMan wrote: »
    The rioters might get more aggressive now that the police are getting more aggressive. The rioters might use more petrol bombs or even firearms.

No way. They havent got the balls. They are just looters and general low life scumbags. They arent going to have the heart for any kind of a ruck

surprised that the knacks in Ireland haven't had a go at this lark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

WHAT?!

CorkMan wrote: »

A flamethrower, now that would surreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone heard from Biggins or Madmammy today? Mad mammys sister lives in Hackney with her children . Just hoping they got through the night peacefully.

I was actually trying to imagine last night, hoards of thugs walking by my front door, smashing up my area, Scary bloody thought, what the hell could you do??

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I am more partial to one of these http://www.beat102103.com/beat-breakfast-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/30-Hurls.jpg who needs a baseball bat

17.11 Peter Hutchison, who is out in Hackney, reports seeing vans from Northumbria Police on patrol. (guardian)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

DominoDub wrote: »
    I wonder why these are Selling fast on Amazon.co.uk !

The internet has really helped these guys make a bigger impact than usual, between organising riots and buying weapons....things have changed since 1985

neonitrix wrote: »
    I am more partial to one of these http://www.beat102103.com/beat-breakfast-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/30-Hurls.jpg who needs a baseball bat

ive seen many a country garda with one of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

DrumSteve wrote: »
    These guys aren't protesting for any politcal cause though... they are just robbing and destroying stuff because they can get away with it.

Yup.
    Those couple of skangettes in the BBC audio clip summed it up well - free alcohol and letting the police know they can do what they want.
    ‎"Yeh we're showin the conservatives or who eva it is, I don't know"

Political my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

cosmicfart wrote: »
    ive seen many a country garda with one of them :)

so its a proven method of law enforcement

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

J. Marston wrote: »
    I really hope the police kick some heads in tonight. But the rioters know they're coming so they'll run back to their holes.

I don't think there'll be anything tonight for that same reason. The horse has bolted and is somewhere on Continental Europe as the stable door is being closed however.

Even if they did come out, 16,000 officers is not enough for something that fluid. Blocking the phone and internet network will stop it dead, but you can't have London functioning without those networks. Even then it can restart anytime they like anywhere they like when the communication lines would re-open. Rain would do it, otherwise, it's entirely up to the scumbags when it starts or ends.

Long term solutions...

Advertisement