Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Who's this muppet of a woman who just smirked saying "So this news could inflame tensions..."? They're loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Anyone grab a screen of this?

Threads flying along now so not sure if it has already been posted. Here's a bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

FearDark wrote: »
    4chan's been taken down, there was a lot of organising goin on there lastnight, possibly the reason its gone today?

Wow something good has come out of this ,,,feck the /b/tards

Superbus wrote: »
    I would have thought it'd be people looking to defend themselves buying them?

yeah, i guess you are right. If I were in the middle of London now, Id probably want something from that site too :)
    :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Funny thing i noticed watching Sky is that bad news really does sell.

All the stock markets are up and there isn't a word about it because the rioting is more "interesting".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

the root causes

Petty thuggery at its worst - simples. You have a bigger stick. Beat them with it. Scumbags the lot of them.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

DominoDub wrote: »
    Wow something good has come out of this ,,,feck the /b/tards

But now Ive nothing to do at work. AH is **** lately... hold up, its been **** for the best part of two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No evidence of Duggan opening fire before he was shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

But now Ive nothing to do at work. AH is **** lately... hold up, its been **** for the best part of two years.

You accessed 4chan in WORK :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

BBC 5 live reporter Louise Brierley is in West Bromwich, where three shop windows were smashed in earlier.

She says police managed to contain the violence quickly and now the crowd has dispersed, although there is still a high police presence around the local pubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

If I was an armed policeman and someone waved a gun at me I'd shoot him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't use bold.
    Link to a reliable source.

Only warning.

If this spreads to Greenwich Id seriously consider flying over to London, my son and his girlfriend live there, but are away at moment, they live on a main street, ground floor flat. Im praying they dont come home to any s***.
    :(
    Just saw on twttier greenwich council have threatened to evict anyone found to be involved with looting and rioting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

DominoDub wrote: »
    You accessed 4chan in WORK :eek:

Samsung galaxy sII :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Morlar wrote: »

his gun was hidden in a sock apparently. besides unless he fired a shot the gun could be his little brothers water pistol ffs

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just saw on twttier greenwich council have threatened to evict anyone found to be involved with looting and rioting.

I think that is an excellent idea.
    cosmicfart wrote: »
    his gun was hidden in a sock apparently. besides unless he fired a shot the gun could be his little brothers water pistol ffs

I don't think Police men should be expected to roll the dice each time an idiot pulls a gun on them. Water pistol or no ? lets roll the dice and see. BANG. Uh, no, pull a gun on the police and you run a good chance of getting shot. If you are then it is on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

1732:
    The IPCC says the Forensic Science Service has also confirmed that the bullet lodged in a police radio was police issue and consistent with being fired from a police gun.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I dont think so, your trained not to, especially if their made of card.

Why are people trying to defend a low life drug dealer who cares who shot who first he was obviously scum and deserved what he got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Thrill wrote: »

1732:
    The IPCC says the Forensic Science Service has also confirmed that the bullet lodged in a police radio was police issue and consistent with being fired from a police gun.

:confused:

quelle suprise! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Samsung galaxy sII :cool:

It's good you used that particular phone, any other make or model and you would be in real trouble :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

cosmicfart wrote: »

Tell that to any armed police force in the world, if there is a genuine suspicion that it could be a weapon they shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

sky is saying car on fire in croydon

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why are people trying to defend a low life drug dealer who cares who shot who first he was obviously scum and deserved what he got.

im not defending the man

I think that is an excellent idea.

I don't think Police men should be expected to roll the dice each time an idiot pulls a gun on them. Water pistol or no ? lets roll the dice and see. BANG. Uh, no, pull a gun on the police and you run a good chance of getting shot. If you are then it is on you.

a bit simplistic that. If you decide to shoot and kill someone the consequent of that action could be a full scale riot!!

im not defending the man

Fair enough, just came across that way with the bold in the post etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Few cars on fire in West Brom and Wolverhampton apparently.

Jesus christ, it's only early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jake1 wrote: »
    If this spreads to Greenwich Id seriously consider flying over to London, my son and his girlfriend live there, but are away at moment, they live on a main street, ground floor flat. Im praying they dont come home to any s***.
    :(
    That's the way to go and make these people realise that besides breaking the law, there is another hard price to be paid for their actions .

the police lock ups are full but they have plenty of other holding centres outside London to keep any arrested tonight .

I dont think so, your trained not to, especially if their made of card.

Except this one was a re-activated firearm. Not made of card and not a waterpistol either. Armed Police men have to make split second life and death decisions. Someone pulls a gun on an armed policeman then whatever happens to that person is their own fault.

• Advertisement

laugh wrote: »
    Tell that to any armed police force in the world, if there is a genuine suspicion that it could be a weapon they shoot.

maybe in the states yuo shoot first and ask questions later but I think, or at least hope we are a bit more civilized than resorting to that action...death without jury!

Advertisement