Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Yahew wrote: »
    These cops were no marksmen as one hit the other.

wtf were they doing with guns then if they werent even trained to aim????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Thrill wrote: »
    1746:
    BBC Radio Manchester reporter Richard Stead says rocks and stones are being hurled at police vans by a large gang of youths in Salford, Manchester. He says there's a stand off between officers and a crowd of between 70 and 80 at Salford Precinct and businesses there have closed early.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675
    No corrie on tonight for the local entertainment.

laugh wrote: »
    Incorrect again, they don't take the chance that a disarming shot will miss.

yeah well a shoot first policy ask questions later is wrong imo

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

The family of Mark Duggan have said that "it is unacceptable what happened to Mark and someone needs to be held accountable" according to Sky News.

Hhhmm, maybe raise your son to not be a scumbag and give police reason to shoot him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The family of the guy who was shot are coming out saying "someone should be held accountable" for what happened to him.

He was already held accountable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

steve9859 wrote: »
    You might be civilised. the guy carrying the gun isnt.

Why all this PC apologist cr*p - the guy was carrying a gun (whether it was discharged is as far as I can see the only thing that is still uncertain), his family admitted on airthe following day (on BBC) that he was 'into a bit of stuff' and some community figures have confirmed he was in the gang and a drug dealer. And he has a gun. Bloody hell, it is his own fault!

And now his family are painting him as a peaceful family man. It is that twofaced attitude by those close to him that makes me sick. And the fact that politicians are forced to come out with PC bull**** about "a lost loved one". I wish we could just call a spade a spade for God's sake.

truth is you and me dont know his whole story and regardless of what he was or was not, unless he actually started unloading the shots on the police well then I dont think they had the right to shoot first. I wonder what the gun law on this actually is, anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

cosmicfart wrote: »
    yeah well a shoot first policy ask questions later is wrong imo

There is not a police force or a swat team in the world that shoots to disarm. The decision is about whether to shoot. When that decision is taken it is a shoot to kill. The safety of the cop is the most important thing. Christ, you never even see people in cop shows shoot to disarm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

wtf were they doing with guns then if they werent even trained to aim????

Real life isn't a like a videogame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Real life isn't a like a videogame.

lol well thought out response

I think who ever decided to release that finding on today of all days is a major fool. That is really going to give these scumbags more fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Morlar wrote: »
    Everyone in europe lives in a consumer culture and we can't all afford 'this stuff' but we are not all out there rioting, mugging, threatening, burning and stealing/looting etc.

Ah yeah I know. I just threw that up to see what people say. TBH these people do not deserve called anything other than "scumbags" but I don't agree in anyway with people saying "their just scumbags .... bring out the rubber bullets". Their has to be some logical reasons to why "humans" would act like this.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sky News isn't showing enough live action, more repeats of the last 3 hours.

Heading over to youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Jake1 wrote: »
    I think who ever decided to release that finding on today of all days is a major fool. That is really going to give these scumbags more fuel.

Of course...cover it up...why didn't we think of that before??:rolleyes:

There is not a police force or a swat team in the world that shoots to disarm. The decision is about whether to shoot. When that decision is taken it is a shoot to kill. The safety of the cop is the most important thing. Christ, you never even see people in cop shows shoot to disarm.

I bow to expert knowledge on the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

truth is you and me dont know his whole story and regardless of what he was or was not, unless he actually started unloading the shots on the police well then I dont think they had the right to shoot first. I wonder what the gun law on this actually is, anyone???

What he was was a scumbag crack dealer, known to carry a gun. That is pretty much fact, right? The events are undertain, but who he was is not in question. Sorry, but zero sympathy.

I'm pretty sure I wont ever get shot by the police. He could have ensured that he wouldnt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Gang of 200 just gone thru Bham centre, armed with sticks etc, riot police dealing with them

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyMidlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

blow69 wrote: »
    The family of Mark Duggan have said that "it is unacceptable what happened to Mark and someone needs to be held accountable" according to Sky News.

Hhhmm, maybe raise your son to not be a scumbag and give police reason to shoot him.

But don't you know they're "disenfranchised".

A slap on the wrist and a social worker will cure all that ails them.

• Advertisement

Imagine how much worse it would be if it was discovered that they were withholding evidence.

I have to go and make some calls to London now, see if I can get someone to check on my sons flat, or Ill be heading to the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

lol well thought out response

No one is trained to shoot to wound, its makes no sense to do so. If you want to disarm someone with a gun you shoot to kill. In other circumstances you might use say a TAZER or a baton round. But no one shoots to wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

k.p.h wrote: »
    Ah yeah I know. I just threw that up to see what people say. TBH these people do not deserve called anything other than "scumbags" but I don't agree in anyway with people saying "their just scumbags .... bring out the rubber bullets". Their has to be some logical reasons to why "humans" would act like this.. :(

These scumbags have no logic. They are 'getting their taxes back' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

CorkMan wrote: »
    Sky News isn't showing enough live action, more repeats of the last 3 hours.

Heading over to youtube.
    I'm sick of looking at it all to be honest ,it's just one horror show after another so am staying with bbc news who are not showing the same clips over and over again ...well at least not to the extent sky news do .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

murpho999 wrote: »
    So in the past there were no riots because people didn't have mobile phones?

There were, but they were focused in the one place where the police could use their training to keep a lid on it by confronting them. Cutting off the oxygen by waiting until they run out of room and energy. Individual estates with a cause.

The problem is the fluidity, the changing of the target, the lack of 'engagement' with the police, the lack of localised 'cause', the ability to 'organise' in very quick time and keep track of where the police are or when they are trying to cut them off or kettle them. They can go on the rampage somewhere, run out of energy, regroup across the city by phone and email and cause more damage. It's theoretically only possible to end when they grow tired rather than on the police's terms.

Unless there is one police officer on every street corner vetting who moves where and why, which needs more than 16,000..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

If those rioters / hooligans / thugs / no hopers etc think they are so hard why do they have to hide themselves with masks and hoddies and so on ?

They have no balls, that's why! :mad: Show yourselves cowards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I have to go and make some calls to London now, see if I can get someone to check on my sons flat, or Ill be heading to the airport.

Yeh, make sure and tell him not to get taken into police custody! :cool:

What he was was a scumbag crack dealer, known to carry a gun. That is pretty much fact, right? The events are undertain, but who he was is not in question. Sorry, but zero sympathy.

I'm pretty sure I wont ever get shot by the police. He could have ensured that he wouldnt either.

He was 'known' says it all really. Known by the cops of course. Did he have any convictions tell me??? You cant bring the death penalty to the streets even if you are a cop. He didnt do anything as far as ive seen that warranted been shot......dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've just read all businesses/pubs in Harborne (Brum) have closed. Strange, all the trouble's been the other side of Brum, and Harborne's a very, very affluent area. I wonder are they expecting violence to move into middle class areas?

I'm on my local high st atm, also a very middle class area - and Spar's shut! Spar! At half 6! What is the world coming to?

Advertisement