Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sky News:

"Some of the adults were handing young children bricks to show at the Police"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

RobitTV wrote: »
    Rioters have set fire to a miss selfridge shop on market street in manchester (sky news)

Miss Selfridges Fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CorkMan wrote: »
    Think about the heroine dependent Mothers! Will someone please think about the heroine dependent Mothers!

Heroine may not mean what you think it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

karma_ wrote: »
    Heroine may not mean what you think it means.

You mean they're dependent on Wonder Woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

s_carnage wrote: »

Jesus Christ, will they ever just fcuk off and go back home!

I really do wish the worst kinds of luck on these people setting fire to the countless number of buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

How do you get bbc news on sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Think about the heroine dependent Mothers! Will someone please think about the heroine dependent Mothers!

theres only one 'e' in heroin!!

Apparently Police will be able to arrest people based upon their Blackberry message communication with each other.

marcsignal wrote: »
    I reckon the safest place in London tonight is a Job Centre :pac:

The local library IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

19.15 Vigilantes may be patrolling their streets of London tonight. A resident in Ealing has posted notes to her neighbours calling for residents to stand together and honk their car horns if any trouble starts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Hospitals could be very busy tonight .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It has already kicked off in west bromwich, wolverhampton and manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Will this finally be the straw that breaks the backs of those who support welfare states?

Riot=No Benefits

Make your bed, now lie in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Big fire in Birmingham being shown on Sangat TV.

That fella on Sangat TV should run for mayor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

jonny666 wrote: »
    theres only one 'e' in heroin!!

Essss in heroin, watered down ****e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I love watching the Irish right wing trying to make cogent arguments about this.
    All over FB, Boards.ie, Twitter are those people who called the masses onto the streets over our financial crisis. Now they are joining in the Tory blood cries for these deprived people who dare to say 'enough'.
    'Hurt my wallet then any sanction, including riot is ok'. But that reaction is justified coz we is educated. Despicable 'me fein' politics is just that.....despicable:rolleyes:

*slow handclaps*

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Will this finally be the straw that breaks the backs of those who support welfare states?

Riot=No Benefits

they all hate the government, yet have no problems with their hands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Riot=No Benefits

Yeah sounds like a great way to prevent rioters from rioting :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Apparently Police will be able to arrest people based upon their Blackberry message communication with each other.

Think it's more like they will be given access to the messages by Blackberry in order to use as evidence if they happen to find a Blackberry on those they arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Its important that we use politically correct terms for all ethnic groups and races in this occurence. Dont get caught short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Why are the police so reluctant to use rubber bullets when they've been using them in Northern Ireland for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

My bed is a race car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

robinph wrote: »
    Think it's more like they will be given access to the messages by Blackberry in order to use as evidence if they happen to find a Blackberry on those they arrest.

phone hacking, it just wont go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

orourkeda wrote: »

I think This Ian Dury track would better describe these feral retarded lowlife rioting morons :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Why are the police so reluctant to use rubber bullets when they've been using them in Northern Ireland for years?

Wel it was a police shooting that started this. They're probably afraid they'd hit the wrong people and the repercussions would be worse than what they're trying to keep a lid on now. Westlondoner reporting a group of 20 youths amassing on Oxford St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

They would just bounce back harmlessly off their stiff upper lips.

Northern Ireland's situation is more troublesome than London and rest of U.K. I for one didn't blink an eye with the violence in Belfast last month, i'm shocked at what is happening in London ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

My bed is a race car.

[Homer]I sleep in a big bed with my wife.[/Homer]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

You have made your bed, now ride in it

same goes to the other guy too

Advertisement