Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

19.25 The owner of the fancy dress shop torched in Clapham Junction last night, is talking to the BBC. He says a lot of the profits from the shop, Part Superstore, went to a charity to help street children in Asia. The destruction of the store means money to the charity will be hit. (telegraph)

scum just scum :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Sound not working?

Yes, the exact same for me. Appearently it is not live wither. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Sound not working?

Working for me right now.

sound and picture.

EDIT: Sorry, no sound,

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I'm all for a more heavy handed approach dealing with these socially inept scumbags. But I'm guessing the Met are ****ting themselves at the thoughts of breaking out the rubber bullets/cannons, because those wee coonts probably have/have access to weapons and once one starts shooting at officers- free for all and even more chaos ensues.

Channel 847 ftw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tmi

this is what happens when the government can't take control of their own people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lnb2k

Meglamonia wrote: »
    How do you get bbc news on sky?
    you add it to other channels, frequency is
    11954 H 27.5 2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Sound not working?

You'd be doing well to make sense of what they're saying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Lnb2k wrote: »
    you add it to other channels, frequency is
    11954 H 27.5 2/3

Sound!Cheers man :)

ginamielke Gina Mielke by gmartin
    Honest sign on the door of Subway #manchester #londonriots twitpic.com/63j8ia via @twitpic

http://twitpic.com/63j8ia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Why are the police so reluctant to use rubber bullets when they've been using them in Northern Ireland for years?

Because it's easy to sanction the use of water cannon and baton rounds on the thick Paddy's, it's a different case when it's on the streets of the capital.
    Just goes to show how they regard NI and by extension the Irish so differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

tmi wrote: »
    this is what happens when the government can't take control of their own people
    No, this is what happens when people decide to be dickheads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

They just mentioned on Sky that a number of police dogs were injured last night. Those dogs will provide more to society than these little scrotes ever did or ever will.

Now they have a professional hand-wringer on. "A-bloo-bloo-bloo the poor yoofs :("

Manchester seems to be a battle zone with over 2,000 people the guy said on bbc news

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Dunno if this has been posted today, but Kaiser Chiefs helped to clear up after the riot- ha!
    Via Una Mulally on Twitter http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/265590-kaiser-chiefs-grab-brooms-and-join-riot-clean-up-campaign/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Wel it was a police shooting that started this. They're probably afraid they'd hit the wrong people and the repercussions would be worse than what they're trying to keep a lid on now. Westlondoner reporting a group of 20 youths amassing on Oxford St.
    In fairness the riots have nothing to do with the police shooting, it's just opportunistic scumbags destroying their own communities. I'd say most Londoners would support the police coming down hard with both feet on these chavs and kicking some sense into them. This is not a protest against government policy or social conditions, this is Anto and Deco wanting a new flatscreen and seizing the opportunity to take it.

When the bleeding heart liberals come on the TV complaining about the lack of services and opportunities for these thugs in a few months time they should be reminded that it was these little f&ckers themselves that more than likely burnt them to the ground to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭teol

Has Charles and Camilla gone out to rubber-neck at the peasants yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

society says they cant have tesco value basmati rice or crap from poundworld?

have you recently emerged from some sort of cocoon?

What are you trying to imply that asians are involved in the riots, few of them are. Most asians in London are hardworking, honest people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

For some reason Channel 847 comes up as "Satellite Signal Not Being Received" on Sky Digital, anyone know a way around this?

They just mentioned on Sky that a number of police dogs were injured last night. Those dogs will provide more to society than these little scrotes ever did or ever will.

Now they have a professional hand-wringer on. "A-bloo-bloo-bloo the poor yoofs :("

My son must work in the only open yuff center in London, according to the yuff leaders, theyve all been closed. Lying toe rags, my youngfella works in his 2 nights a week, center of london, .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Got the word that trouble was starting again in Bristol where her indoors work. Scary walking down not knowing what I would face. Luckily no rioting yet tonight (was some yesterday) just police going by in riot gear. This ****e has to stop. I'm not small and well able to look after myself but damn I was nervous walking down.

Its pathetic :(

twitter
    Arndale broken into

http://yfrog.com/hsdm5oxzj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tmi

yes mob rule at last, thank you!

19.40 Thugs tearing up Piccadilly in Manchester, according to eyewitness on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

What are you trying to imply that asians are involved in the riots, few of them are. Most asians in London are hardworking, honest people.

Bloke was pictured with a bag of tesco brand rice last night. He was black. Sensibleken wasn't saying anything about race, ffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RobitTV wrote: »
    Manchester seems to be a battle zone with over 2,000 people the guy said on bbc news

I think that guy just doesn't know how to count crowds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Not being funny but did i just see a bird going into a shop and stealing a packet of crisps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

BBC news : Looters in Salford Manchester /miss Selridge store on fire in Manchester city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Just been told by a Welsh friend that there is trouble starting in Cardiff, and a crowd gathering in Newport also.

Advertisement