Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Not being funny but did i just see a bird going into a shop and stealing a packet of crisps?

That an old gif. Been around ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Are all these links fresh - as in happening now - if so - what the hell are sky news doing??? apart from putting the whole station on loop for hours on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Not being funny but did i just see a bird going into a shop and stealing a packet of crisps?

what was her ethnic background

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Isn't it funny how the scumbag uniform carries over to here?

Any of these young lads wouldn't look out of place outside the local Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tmi

london looks like a nice place to visit right now, anyone got the number for ryanair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Crowd of yobs gathering in Birmingham City centre shouting bullring. Photo included

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/iBrummyx/TTB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

Lnb2k wrote: »
    you add it to other channels, frequency is
    11954 H 27.5 2/3

Wow thanks for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Rawhead wrote: »
    Because it's easy to sanction the use of water cannon and baton rounds on the thick Paddy's, it's a different case when it's on the streets of the capital.
    Just goes to show how they regard NI and by extension the Irish so differently.

Or the fact that water cannons are far more suited to dealing with static groups that are rioting as is often the case up north when you see large groups standing, hurling missiles. They aren't anywhere near as effective on small groups that are roaming the streets and looting, moving from spot to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thrill wrote: »

I wonder if they had to flick through the catalogue to make sure they grabbed the right swag.

ardinn wrote: »
    Are all these links fresh - as in happening now - if so - what the hell are sky news doing??? apart from putting the whole station on loop for hours on end.

not just me that noticed that then

• Advertisement

ardinn wrote: »

New stuff filtering through now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Interesting that, in London at least, the Asian, Turks and Kurds coming out of this very well. Joining up to defend their businesses and not rioting. Obviously a better community spirit with these lads

I wonder if they had to flick through the catalogue to make sure they grabbed the right swag.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

tmi wrote: »
    london looks like a nice place to visit right now, anyone got the number for ryanair
    We'll all chip in to send you. Just don't come back.

itv_news ITV News

RT @mtattersallitv: Just been chased and attacked by this gang as the ransack Diesel. They wanted our cameras

http://yfrog.com/khxk0kwj

steve9859 wrote: »
    Interesting that, in London at least, the Asian, Turks and Kurds coming out of this very well. Joining up to defend their businesses and not rioting. Obviously a better community spirit with these lads

That's the actual working class coming out to defend themselves and their businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

This is not a protest against government policy or social conditions, this is Anto and Deco wanting a new flatscreen

'sake. I thought those two muppets were paid pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

19.50 Riot police with dogs are storming a group of masked youths in white tracksuits in Salford (guardian)

more chav's :rolleyes:

saw this on twitter made me laugh, so silly.:D

SRN_lol Aldo Calzone
    p.s. I'm not racist but blackity black black black black black *explodes* #londonriots
    42 seconds ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Am I cynical for thinking this could be good news for Irish builders, tradesmen and laborers looking for work in the next few weeks and months?

I think someone else posted yesterday as well

http://twitter.com/#!/BBCNews

BBCNews BBC News by BreakingNews

'Running battles' between police & around 2,000 youngsters in #Manchester city centre, eyewitness tells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Thrill wrote: »
    itv_news ITV News

RT @mtattersallitv: Just been chased and attacked by this gang as the ransack Diesel. They wanted our cameras

http://yfrog.com/khxk0kwj

That pic is on BBC News just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

RobitTV wrote: »
    19.50 Riot police with dogs are storming a group of masked youths in white tracksuits in Salford (guardian)

more chav's :rolleyes:

Cops should take em easy, with their rolly eyes the chavs will never see them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone watching SKY in Manchester a bunch of kids in hoodies acting big and getting chased away by police with dogs (on leads). That's about the level of political argument
    this is at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just been told by a Welsh friend that there is trouble starting in Cardiff, and a crowd gathering in Newport also.

Jesus Christ this is insane!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Bloke was pictured with a bag of tesco brand rice last night. He was black. Sensibleken wasn't saying anything about race, ffs.

Yes, well it was said earlier by another posters that most of the people involved were either black or indian. very few asians involved in the rioting. Get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Yes, well it was said earlier by another posters that most of the people involved were either black or indian. very few asians involved in the rioting. Get it right!

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Some really intelligent looters out there: police will never catch them;)http://london.craigslist.co.uk/mob/2536072357.html

Advertisement