Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes, well it was said earlier by another posters that most of the people involved were either black or indian. very few asians involved in the rioting. Get it right!

India is in Asia. Get it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

mikemac wrote: »
    Am I cynical for thinking this could be good news for Irish builders, tradesmen and laborers looking for work in the next few weeks and months?

I think someone else posted yesterday as well

They're not the only ones doing quite well out of this - have you seen the movers and shakers over on amazon.co.uk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bsms_tab

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Why cant bbc or sky show some bloody live action?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Why are the police not cracking heads?

I thought it would have been a matter of bash now and ask questions later

Funny how skanger women walk around with their arms folded. Same as our own here, all have there arms crossed like they are pissed off with the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Hopefully it won't spill over to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Get the rubber bullets out I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Gangs of racist thugs are sprinting through Enfield, Guardian journalist Paul Lewis has said. (telegraph)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/itv_news
    100 youths looted Foot Asylum in the Arndale Centre, Manchester, after raiders smashed the glass entrance with a large stone slab
    Birmingham: Officers disperse large group of hooded youths from Dale End after windows were damaged at a Marks and Spencer store
    Birmingham: Car set ablaze in Albert Street, where riot police formed a cordon to prevent youths returning to the main shopping area
    Lidl supermarket in Salford being attacked. Reports it has been set on fire.

madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tmi wrote: »
    london looks like a nice place to visit right now, anyone got the number for ryanair
    Just don't go Looten or else you will get locked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

That night stick model has moved up that chart well during the days ...maybe the Police need extra ones urgent - up 50,207%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why would it? Anyway the Garda would not be standing on street corners for long, the mountainy men would be quick enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

really need to start vetting who can and cant raise children these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

steve9859 wrote: »
    Interesting that, in London at least, the Asian, Turks and Kurds coming out of this very well. Joining up to defend their businesses and not rioting. Obviously a better community spirit with these lads

Yeah there seems to be a genuine community with the asians. When they arrived in England, they didnt just get jobs in society. They went and started their own businesses and effectivly created a community. Its the done thing with sub-continent immigrants. Look at the amount of corner shops and take aways they own. In the afro-carribean community who would have arrived in England on mass around the same time as the Asian community they didnt seem to go into business ownership and prefered to work for others. A bit like Irish people did but the Irish tended to integrate well. There is no reason why the asian communty could come in and set up a prosperous community whilst the afro-carribean communtiy couldnt. They both started on the same footing. I think it could be a massive hangover for centuries of slavery. The asian community have an attitute of working for themselves, whilst the afro-carribean community have a mindset of working for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

RobitTV wrote: »
    Why cant bbc or sky show some bloody live action?? :mad:

Because constant live action only encourages scumbags to keep going. Live action tells them exactly where to go to join the other scumbags. Live action shows others getting away with the disorder and fuels those thinking about joining. It's all copycat behaviour at this stage spreading all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I posted this on the other thread but 1 or 2 of these would work wonders...

RobitTV wrote: »
    Gangs of racist thugs are sprinting through Enfield, Guardian journalist Paul Lewis has said. (telegraph)

Not trying to be smart, but how did he know they were racists thugs as opposed to ...?? Were they going after a certain type? This is a nasty new developement if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

tuxy wrote: »
    India is in Asia. Get it right!

People are saying a lot of asians are involved, well maybe they are pakistanis or muslim races. Indians are the majority of south asians ethnic group in london. It's amazing how people blame others assuming things out of ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Christ, I'll be out rioting myself if I have to watch one more minute of Sky....how do people watch that and call it news? Jesus H!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Things kicking off in......India

Police use water canons, batons to control angry protest in Indian capital against corruption

NEW DELHI — Police are using bamboo batons and water canons to control thousands of angry protesters marching in New Delhi against a slew of corruption scandals plaguing the government.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia-pacific/police-use-water-canons-batons-to-control-angry-protest-in-indian-capital-against-corruption/2011/08/09/gIQASyNJ4I_story.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Christ, I'll be out rioting myself if I have to watch one more minute of Sky....how do people watch that and call it news? Jesus H!

Watch BBC then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

conor678 wrote: »
    Get the rubber bullets out I say!
    Rubber Bullets haven't been deployed by the British forces since 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

CorkMan wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't spill over to Ireland.

Hopefully it will, I'm just waiting for my opportunity to dress up as skanger, turn on them, crack some of their sculls open with my trusted aluminium baseball bat and then bleed off and blend into the crowd in all the commotion....with no repercussions whatsoever! The gardai will be hiding in the stations. What could be better than finally wiping out a few skangers!

At the moment i'd never get away with killing a few of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I can watch about 10 minutes before I have to switch over .Sky News see's itself as the Holywood of News

BBC : camera attacked in Salford

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looking at cars blazing in Birmingham now.

Why are there no fire brigades there?

Why are the police just standing there looking at it?

That catering van was shown being attacked about 2 hours ago and the police where there then and they have just let it burn.

Is the police's policy to let the scumbags have their fun in one area and stop it spreading rather than attacking?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

the UK Police should use the facebook auto tag software on all media photos taken during these riots to id the scum holding the city to ransome.

it would be the best use of the autotag feature.

could you imagine facebook updates on everyone's facebook profile showing them running around with lcd's runners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Subway in Manchester:

http://twitpic.com/63j8ia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Jake1 wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart, but how did he know they were racists thugs as opposed to ...?? Were they going after a certain type? This is a nasty new developement if true.

They were shouting "Get the Pakis", apparently.

http://twitter.com/#!/PaulLewis/status/101000574710984704

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement