Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messi2

Pretty obvious to see tonight the kids aren't afraid of the police. One swift case of beating will solve that. Why can't they just hit them? They have no fear whatsoever and fear of the police is the only thing that can stop this.

At the moment things are basically like, here steal some stuff, throw bottles at police, we won't do anything to you and you are in no danger at all.

I MEAN FOR FECK SAKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

Thrill wrote: »

Well,there is a lot of corruption there on many levels. it's bound to happen but bristish government are very honest to the indian government. At least It happened in muslim countries too started in egypt and spread to most of the arab countries. crazy places thousands were killed by each other and their police.
    No democracy at all in arab countries at least India is a democracy, the largest in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

brummytom wrote: »
    West Brom always looks like a riot zone.

Quote from a Waterstones employee:
    "We'll stay open. If they steal some books, they might learn something"

You're joking...the coppers are going to be throwing books at em tonight...it'll be like garlic to a vampire

They were shouting "Get the Pakis", apparently.

http://twitter.com/#!/PaulLewis/status/101000574710984704

jaze, thats all they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looks like some for good or wrong reasons are taking the law into their own hands in London
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/09/london-riots-day-four-live-blog
    8.06pm: There has been a brief but worrying flashpoint in north Enfield - Hertford Road - with apparent attempts at vigilantism, reports Paul Lewis.

It was only a minor skirmish, but a potentially bad sign for community relations. Police, who have flooded the streets, were quickly on the scene when about 70 men
    started chasing local youths.

I wouldn't mention their ethnicity, but it seemed to be relevant. The men were white - in their 30s and 40s - and shouting that they wanted to get the "blacks" and "pakis". Lots of them seemed drunk. One man being held back by police shouted: "They're rats, they mugged my Auntie the other night."

Jay Bradley, 30, a witness, told me: "What happened here? What I just saw - everyone from this area aren't gonna have any looting.

What I saw was a couple of ethnic lads, if you can call them that, black lads, and they chased them away.

A lot of it is alcohol - I don't think the kids were doing anything. They were just on bikes and in masks.

But no-one around here is going to stand for any looting. What are we supposed to do. The Co-op is closed and we're running out of food."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Messi2 wrote: »
    They have no feat whatsoever and fear of the police is the only thing that can stop this.
    Pretty sure they have feat if they are nicking trainers from JD Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

mikom wrote: »

No...I will just find some intelligent reporting where the comments solicited from the public are a bit more in depth than: 'It was terrible, terrible.':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 n1mr0d

Rubber Bullets haven't been deployed by the British forces since 1975.

As I understand it they were only ever allowed use them on Irish people.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Christ, I'll be out rioting myself if I have to watch one more minute of Sky....how do people watch that and call it news? Jesus H!

Funny, thats how a lot of us here feel, reading your remarks.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Coppers already admitting the initial version of events in the Duggan shooting was misleading . No shot fired from the gun he was carrying. Oh dear...can't say I'm really surprised. More grist for the mill....not that the looters even care about such an issue.

Salford lidl being robbed....half expecting to see the Gallaghers dandering past with a trolley full of food. Paaaaar-ty...scatter.

• Advertisement

n1mr0d wrote: »
    As I understand it they were only ever allowed use them on Irish people.

You understand correctly although it should read....'only ever allowed use them in Ireland'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

If I was a chav and I got brought to the floor infront of a BBC camera, i'd shout out:

I MADE THE BBC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

CorkMan wrote: »
    If I was a chav and I got brought to the floor infront of a BBC camera, i'd shout out:

I MADE THE BBC!!

TAX ME??? THEY TAX ME???

My Mam, would have battered me 6 shades of purple, if she ever caught me on the telly during a riot.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 n1mr0d

Happyman42 wrote: »
    You understand correctly although it should read....'only ever allowed use them in Ireland'
    They shot foreign nationals here too?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Simple reason for all this trouble, ....the police over there not bothering their arses to deal with anti social behaviour for the past 10-15 years. Inventing terms such as 'anti-social behaviour' and calling it 'low level harmless stuff' so they don't have to bother dealing with criminal behaviour.....has had it's repercussions.

Now wouldn't it have been better to have dealt extremely harshly with little incidences like the 5 or 6 hooded yoofs hanging around a shop-front intimidating and bothering passersby day and night. This is what they get for not taking zero tolerance on this petty little crap years ago. Our own authorities should take some notes on this!

Not sure if this is a joke or not, such is the madness of the last few days, but 'Iran calls for restrain' ?????

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=233103

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DominoDub wrote: »
    Looks like some for good or wrong reasons are taking the law into their own hands in London
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/09/london-riots-day-four-live-blog

Just seen that. Feared it could start.

All well and good if they are defending their homes and property, but if they start picking on a group who are not actully guilty of anything bar being in the wrong place at the wrong time, then it could get very messy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wertz wrote: »
    Coppers already admitting the initial version of events in the Duggan shooting was misleading . No shot fired from the gun he was carrying. Oh dear...can't say I'm really surprised.

Absolutely no surprise, except still I'm astonished at the amount of people prepared to believe the original story. Blindly.

n1mr0d wrote: »
    They shot foreign nationals here too?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

Ha the little scumbags are terrified of the dogs. Little babies is all they are. Let the dogs loose !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Looking at cars blazing in Birmingham now.

Why are there no fire brigades there?

Why are the police just standing there looking at it?

That catering van was shown being attacked about 2 hours ago and the police where there then and they have just let it burn.

Is the police's policy to let the scumbags have their fun in one area and stop it spreading rather than attacking?
    I think there is a policy of holding back for now from the police ,I'm not sure why as they adopted this way last night to which makes one think they are saving their officers and energy for a long night and waiting from word from higher up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

This is costing the UK a fortune i'd say. They should issue warnings to disperse and start shooting those that do not take heed. Softly softly is not getting anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Millwall fans have gathered around their local area to protect the place and locals :eek:

http://twitpic.com/63k6tg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deepertheroots

Wertz wrote: »
    Coppers already admitting the initial version of events in the Duggan shooting was misleading . No shot fired from the gun he was carrying. Oh dear...can't say I'm really surprised. More grist for the mill....not that the looters even care about such an issue.

Salford lidl being robbed....half expecting to see the Gallaghers dandering past with a trolley full of food. Paaaaar-ty...scatter.

And a bullet (found to be a standard issue police bullet) was found in a police radio hand-set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Millwall fans have gathered around their local area to protect the place and locals :eek:

Ladies night must be on in millwall tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Jake1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a joke or not, such is the madness of the last few days, but 'Iran calls for restrain' ?????

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=233103

Oh, I'm sure the Iranian police would handle things with a distinctly softly-softly approach if anyone had the temerity to raise his voice against his holiness the Ayatollah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

2028:
    Police in Essex have arrested a 17-year-old boy after comments were made on Facebook allegedly encouraging others to meet in the county and riot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Another facebooker bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Would not want to mess with them ...or other eastenders

more pics

http://yfrog.com/h3dw0qioj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

*Sky News showing picture of Sony building burning*

"It's day like this..."

Yaaaaaawnnnn

Advertisement