Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

What time is kick off tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

I think tonight is going to be the night that the violence starts to take lives. These vigilante teams, while i agree with their principles, will be sooo easy to rouse. I mean if there's two innocent black teenagers walking by who's to say that the vigilantes won't start on them?! Fighting fire with fire is going to be an awful tactic which will surely cause more damage to british streets.

I think this is going to set britain back 100 years in terms of racism. Working class people who have been too terrified to leave their houses are going to get angry at the streams of black people that sky news for some reason keep showing. The internet is ablaze with talk of this being all the fault of "the immigrants" and about how they should all be "deported" despite the fact that i'd wager that 99.999% of them are british citizens, born and raised. This new found hatred will live on after the riots I think and cause trouble for years to come.

The police need to do something now. Before it's too late, if it isn't already.

I'm sure I've seen this exact comment word for word here on boards before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

More pics of a friendly looking "Vigilante" group in Enfield town tonight.

http://yfrog.com/z/h3lr2eexj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don't understand this......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Im looking out the window of my hotel now in Canary Wharf and I can see fires in several directions. I think its about to kick off again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I think tonight is going to be the night that the violence starts to take lives. These vigilante teams, while i agree with their principles, will be sooo easy to rouse. I mean if there's two innocent black teenagers walking by who's to say that the vigilantes won't start on them?! Fighting fire with fire is going to be an awful tactic which will surely cause more damage to british streets.

I think this is going to set britain back 100 years in terms of racism. Working class people who have been too terrified to leave their houses are going to get angry at the streams of black people that sky news for some reason keep showing. The internet is ablaze with talk of this being all the fault of "the immigrants" and about how they should all be "deported" despite the fact that i'd wager that 99.999% of them are british citizens, born and raised. This new found hatred will live on after the riots I think and cause trouble for years to come.

blacks are poor... they (mostly) loot and cause trouble.

that is all.

when i say mostly sadly it seems most of the population of them, the good ones are far outnumbered by the inbreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alphanine wrote: »
    this is simply a mix of the disenfranchised slobs and thugs scrounging from social welfare and normal working people and budding criminals with sophisticated mass communication methods.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Sooopie wrote: »
    there is a serious amount of scum in the UK.

I think there are scum everywhere, you need to take a closer look even around you. I think the problem is the UK's inability to have the political will to effectively deal with this growing problem and it is has gotten out of hand in the last couple of years.

The behaviour of this so called hip generation has even been subjects of comedies like (little britian and the Catherine Tate show) which incidently had large viewership and obviously some people found quite funny.

Unfortunately those behaviours are now hunting the society....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Serious lack of live footage on the news channels tonight.. it's disgraceful, this isn't why I risk jail by avoiding to pay my TV licence.

Reckon they've been asked to keep it off the screens to avoid encouraging it...it's becoming something of a spectator sport in my house the last few nights, smae as many others judging by the thread.
    There's enough old footage now to give the viewer the idea of the brutality and thugishness without the voyeurism of live pillaging and on the scene reportage.

Or it could be that they're afarid to loose cameras or have crew injured...already a radio car burnt out in Manc.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

No, that is wrong. Most of British Police was very professional. Sure there is far more crime in Dublin and in Ireland for such as small country and population!

So their light touch approach on anti-social behaviour over there has had nothing to do with allowing these yobs to get more and more brazen as time went on? Sorry but many areas of London have horrific amounts of chavs left to fester with impunity for years. Nothing has been done....this is the result!

• Advertisement

• blacks are poor... they (mostly) loot and cause trouble.

that is all.

when i say mostly sadly it seems most of the population of them, the good ones are far outnumbered by the inbreds.

What a truly moronic statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The pendulum could well swing back towards the hard right. In that case BNP & EDL views will be more eagerly embraced at street level. The politicians will keep spouting PC type soundbites that are completely misaligned with what people on the street may be thinking.

Add the economic crisis into this and you have potential for a real powderkeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

DominoDub wrote: »
    More pics of a friendly looking "Vigilante" group in Enfield town tonight.

http://yfrog.com/z/h3lr2eexj

They're hanging around outside the george.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

that is all.

You keep trollin, son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

that is all.

Well now, isn't that a ridiculous comment.
    At least there's plenty of stats to back it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

that is all.

Less of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Sky anchor described rioters as protestors in Wolverhampton.

That's generous...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

DominoDub wrote: »
    Lol, what station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Aljazeera coverage..........

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

Its very sad because I love London, all the times I have been there, I never once felt tension and I feel tension everyday in Dublin!

I remember I asked some policemen directions often when I was there and they were nothing but honest gentlemen. It's a frightening what is happening there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It was interesting to hear of a group of Clapham mothers stand their ground last night ,form a barrrier acroos the street and and not let any hooligans into their close . Fair play to them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Have Fianna Fáil been blamed for this yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Just looking at some of the newer footage on Sky.

The police just seem to be pushing at people a bit with their shields. They need to start cracking some heads and not just having shoving matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

What time is kick off tonight :pac:

About 9.30.

We need moar vigilantes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Its lke a scumbag zombie movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The police just seem to be pushing at people a bit with their shields. They need to start cracking some heads and not just having shoving matches.
    It's like a cat and mouse game and frustrating as it is , there has to be a reason as to why they aren't cracking heads and as mentioned , might be to do with capturing it all on cctv ???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Latchy wrote: »
    It was interesting to hear of a group of Clapham mothers stand their ground last night ,form a barrrier acroos the street and and not let any hooligans into their close . Fair play to them .

Yes indeed. Its time that the general public stood up to these rioters and kept their cities safe. Far too much pussy-footing by the police last night. Heads need to be cracked as police inactivity only encourages these yobbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

+1

I would like to see wheelchairs become the latest chav accesory, and had I been in charge of a special patrol group in London on Saturday night, they would be. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

that is all.

You are entitiled to your opinion but I can say to you that...your opinion is crap imo...

Like all cases of riots, you will find elements of protesters that take advantage of the situation negatively...not to long ago during the student- fee protests, kids in universities from good homes acted irrationally..(one of them actually threw a fire extinguisher from a 12 storey building to hurt the police on the ground floor) and other similar incidences.

To suggest that most black people are looters is simply erroneous and despicable. You would be surprised how many black people are actually shocked and disgusted with events in London and want an end to this..in my opinion, they would actually form the majority.

Advertisement