Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

cougar1 wrote: »
    So their light touch approach on anti-social behaviour over there has had nothing to do with allowing these yobs to get more and more brazen as time went on? Sorry but many areas of London have horrific amounts of chavs left to fester with impunity for years. Nothing has been done....this is the result!

Well this isn't an isolated case, they are dealing with hundreds of people and some of them are different ethnic groups in different areas so if the police revolt, they are opening a can of worms and many people will be killed, what good is that. Look what happened in Egypt. Fighting hate with hate is never the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

marcsignal wrote: »
    +1

I would like to see wheelchairs become the latest chav accesory, and had I been in charge of a special patrol group in London on Saturday night, they would be. :cool:

lol

Sure thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

What a truly moronic statement

well from what i can see with my perfectly good eyes, it seems predominantly the blacks are at least 70% of the race here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Large group of Sikh's out to protect their area of Southall, West London.

http://thewestlondoner.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/london95.jpg

And another picture of the group in Enfield which is now reported to be multi-racial.

http://thewestlondoner.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/london94.jpg

If this kind of action does go well tonight it will have massive social implications. The police will be seen as ineffective, while ordinary people have come out and done their jobs for them. It will change the social standing of the police hugely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Is it now time for the British Government to bring in mercenaries? It would save them the ignominy of using its own armed forces against its own people. Even better if these mercenaries can bring squadrons of bipedal walking tanks with them. These tanks are designed for use in urban combat zones and could be used in non-lethal battle. Of course the option for lethal force would be reserved. They could be programmed to recognise the looters, tell-tale signs such as the carrying of electronic equipment and concealment of facial-features would be factored in. This would enable the tanks to take action autonomously without the need for human operators.

Would only cost a few hundred million or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Craebear wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen this exact comment word for word here on boards before.
    :confused: am ok..? Clearly someone else at some point in time has agreed with my opinion as well then! Not really sure what you meant by that at all. :confused:
    blacks are poor... they (mostly) loot and cause trouble.

that is all.

when i say mostly sadly it seems most of the population of them, the good ones are far outnumbered by the inbreds.
    What a disgusting ignorant racist comment. People like you are exactly what I'm talking about.
    The pendulum could well swing back towards the hard right. In that case BNP & EDL views will be more eagerly embraced at street level. The politicians will keep spouting PC type soundbites that are completely misaligned with what people on the street may be thinking.

Add the economic crisis into this and you have potential for a real powderkeg.
    Ya, there is just trouble stirring all over the world at the minute and even here in germany, although there is no trouble yet, there is anger brewing beneath the surface with regards the economic crisis and the bailouts. Now is probably the best time for a far right party to stroll in with promises for change and better conditions. I think what we're seeing in england now is sadly only the tip of the iceberg. :(

Have the reports that trouble has started kicking off in cardiff been substantiated yet?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dfx- wrote: »
    Yep, it undermines and adds to the their track record..I don't see why they couldn't have been honest on the Saturday evening and basically blanked them. They really do make their life so much more difficult than it has to be.

And this is before whether "a gun was found at the scene" translates to a drawn weapon or was it just in the car. If it turns out it was in the glove compartment or the boot, it'll set it off again.

Officers involved may have over reacted, opened fire and then panicked when they've breached rules of engagement. It's then a matter of misrepresenting events to suit the rules...in order to try and avoid discipline and possible charges.
    The bigger picture is that locals in Tottenham (and lots of other areas) may have seen other lies from police over the years...tensions build and the idea gets round that the armed cops are a law unto themselves....the stop and search and racial profiling Darcus Howe alluded to last night is also a big problem...even if it is instigated as a means to save young black men from themselves and each other.

Anyway this is kind of off topic now...this is all about the looting now and pissing off the cops is a mere bonus for the rioters involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

2104:
    Tom Steedman describes to the BBC News Channel watching rioters target a Salford supermarket.

He says they managed to drive away police who had been defending the store. "[The rioters] then proceeded to smash through all the shutters on the store, it's been completely looted, and now they've set the store on fire." Mr Steedman says he has seen a lot of people walking away with bags.

"It's not just youths, there was actually a family drove up in a car and filled up their boot with stuff from Lidl and drove off."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

well from what i can see with my perfectly good eyes, it seems predominantly the blacks are at least 70% of the race here.

Head to Specsavers then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,169 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sky News should be banned from taking pictures of this, it only restricts what the police can do...Let them kick the daylights out of these scumbags once and for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

baldbear wrote: »
    Its lke a scumbag zombie movie!

Should be "Dusk Of The Dicks"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

And is that why you will suggest that most blacks are looters? What did you also mean mean by inbred? I think you are trying to be inflamatory and score cheap points..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

fcuking scum of the earth. the group that robbed the injured man just show how low these ba$tards are. the police should be taking a hard line and kicking lumps out of these tossers but that wont happen because of their "rights".

on the RTE news there a few minutes ago they played a radio clip of some teenage girls talking about showing the police what they can do. christ. who the fcuk is rearing these animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

mikemac wrote: »
    Have Fianna Fáil been blamed for this yet

You should know by now they are to blame for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Makes great TV though.

I for one am having a few beers and enjoying the show. Shameful I know but like what evaaah!

Need to get a bit darker outside though cos that way a lot of the rioters can hide better and then the proper stuff can start.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Have the reports that trouble has started kicking off in cardiff been substantiated yet?!

No. https://twitter.com/#!/search/cardiff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Thrill wrote: »

You would have to think if a family lived near to that Lidl and there was 0 police around for ages, they would be tempted to do that. And not just a scumbag family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Sky News should be banned from taking pictures of this, it only restricts what the police can do...Let them kick the daylights out of these scumbags once and for all

They need to be more like the POLIZEI and start cracking heads ;)

Makes great TV though.

I for one am having a few beers and enjoying the show. Shameful I know but like what evaaah!

Need to get a bit darker outside though cos that way a lot of the rioters can hide better and then the proper stuff can start.

It's all great crack till somebody ****s outside your doorstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

iguana wrote: »
    Large group of Sikh's out to protect their area of Southall, West London.

http://thewestlondoner.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/london95.jpg

And another picture of the group in Enfield which is now reported to be multi-racial.

http://thewestlondoner.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/london94.jpg

If this kind of action does go well tonight it will have massive social implications. The police will be seen as ineffective, while ordinary people have come out and done their jobs for them. It will change the social standing of the police hugely.

police are absolute useless

they need proper riot police, and tear gas and water cannons

they are just looking out, as if to say carry on looting there yo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Looter getting tackled to the ground

http://juvo.se/7ft3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Serious lack of live footage on the news channels tonight.. it's disgraceful, this isn't why I risk jail by avoiding to pay my TV licence.

The journalists and reporters were chased and attacked by scumbags who didn't want to be filmed looting.The police are also keeping many of them out of the trouble hotspots.

The cops had no qualms using rubber bullets etc. in The North,why not start using them against the scum who are wrecking the cities for the past few nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

iguana wrote: »

I disagree. It will send a message to these scumbags that society will not tolerate their thuggery. They're not doing the job of the police, they're doing their own job of dictating what's acceptable and what isn't. By right the parents of these little scrotes, and lets remember that the majority and teenagers, should have reeled them in and stopped them going out and acting the dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone watching BBC24? This guy looks about 12...

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Looter getting tackled to the ground

http://juvo.se/7ft3.gif

That man that tackled that scumbag...Thats what I call a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

It's all great crack till somebody ****s outside your doorstep

Just had a look out the window there. Seems fairly quite around Knocklyon but I'll keep an eye out and let you know if any thing kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Things are getting heated between Sangat TV (SKY 847) and the police in Birmingham....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

sonic85 wrote: »
    fcuking scum of the earth. the group that robbed the injured man just show how low these ba$tards are. the police should be taking a hard line and kicking lumps out of these tossers but that wont happen because of their "rights".

on the RTE news there a few minutes ago they played a radio clip of some teenage girls talking about showing the police what they can do. christ. who the fcuk is rearing these animals

There are people like that everywhere. I see a lot of them in Dublin. Sure the luas accident last year is a fine example, people stole bags and belongings from the injured at the scence of the accident! I see mothers in town every day roaring and cursing at their babies in the buggies!
    What do you expect, look at what way they were raised. There is a much much larger population of them there than here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

On Sky News ATM 50-70 Enfield citizens protecting their area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wtf are Sky using to film these vigilantes.. a toaster?

Advertisement