Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Those guys in Enfield have the right idea. If the police won't do anything then vigilantes will have to. Fair fecks to them I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

England burns while the world looks on and laughs.

If people didn't realise that the country was damaged beyond repair, they do now.

A humiliating time for ordinary people, in London and elsewhere experiencing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Well this isn't an isolated case, they are dealing with hundreds of people and some of them are different ethnic groups in different areas so if the police revolt, they are opening a can of worms and many people will be killed, what good is that. Look what happened in Egypt. Fighting hate with hate is never the answer.

Well right now it's a different case, it has evolved!.... but what I was referring to earlier was the way that simple anti-social behaviour has been largely ignored by the authorities as 'nothing incidents' both here and in the UK over the past decade or so.
    If years ago they took the approach of something like broken windows theory as applied in New York, or just a 'You don't ignore the polizei' as applied in Berlin then, their would literally be no such thing as even 5 or 6 hoodies gathering together on a street corners because it would've been broken up almost instantly....that never happened in the UK...and here we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lads on Channel 847 being prevented from going to protect their community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Jake1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a joke or not, such is the madness of the last few days, but 'Iran calls for restrain' ?????

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=233103

It's from jpost so it is rubbish.
    It might as well be press tv saying Israel is calling for the police to kill the rioters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

dfx- wrote: »
    A gun was found at the scene, he wasn't necessarily brandishing it, it could've been in the minicab he was in, could've been concealed behind his back. And since the police were dishonest originally who is to believe them..

Is it not illegal to carry a gun without a licence anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sign says it all at a Subway branch in Manchester.

"Due to the imminent collapse of society we regret to announce we are closing at 6 tonight".

http://twitpic.com/63j8ia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

x in the city Banned
    This isnt a thread for people to post their racist remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

TheZohan wrote: »
    I disagree. It will send a message to these scumbags that society will not tolerate their thuggery. They're not doing the job of the police, they're doing their own job of dictating what's acceptable and what isn't. By right the parents of these little scrotes, and lets remember that the majority and teenagers, should have reeled them in and stopped them going out and acting the dick.

Then the cops get even more cutbacks and Cameron get's his "big society" by default. Conservatives have an awful lot to answer for regardless of your political or moral view of the events of the last few nights and always seem to be at the helm when you get these generational defining riots...

TBH though the conspiarcy theorist in me reckons that these events will be used to push through some seriously stringent police/legislative powers that will effect everyone in society (except the little c*nts that are doing 99% of the sh*t we're seeing...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Looter getting tackled to the ground

http://juvo.se/7ft3.gif

Hope he got a few pucks too! Why aren't the police doing this- I wouldn't consider this overly violent in the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The police by and large in any country need to be respected but in this case they need to be feared and that's not happening ...yet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Sangat Televtion (channel 438) stream right here:

http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1595016032/2

There is no audio coming through, but the channel is in Arabic anyway, the main thing is the video. They are driving through the streets, showing live action.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

:confused: am ok..? Clearly someone else at some point in time has agreed with my opinion as well then! Not really sure what you meant by that at all. :confused:

Nothing more than a bit of Deja vu I'd say.

Sangat on 847 is commentating in English now, class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

This is what happens when the unemployed aren't made work,
    they run riot.
    Same will be happening in Dublin soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Lads on Channel 847 being prevented from going to protect their community.

I cant get sound to work, what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

A bit of a warning on these so called "Vigilantes"

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/08/racist-vigilantes-on-loose.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

well from what i can see with my perfectly good eyes, it seems predominantly the blacks are at least 70% of the race here.

...this is predominantly a class issue, and an socio-economic issue....not simply or solely a race issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Biggins wrote: »
    Just an update for those that might be wondering.
    Sister in law living in hackney got little sleep last night. Either did her 4 young kids who were afraid and indoor all the time with her.
    They finally got some sleep when daylight came and they could relax a bit.

They have tried to get some shopping done later. Basic food, etc but such was the amount of stuff robbed from the nearby shops, the ones that were still able to open, had very little stock indeed. They then closed early (a) because of the situation and/or (b) fear of more trouble. basic stuff such as nappies could not be got for love or money.
    If the sister in law needs nappies, she now has to travel some distance (having to bring her 4 kids with her just to get them).

The thieves who are doing this are the very ones who day in, day out terrorise the working class neighbourhoods of every city and town in the world making life unbearable for the majority by the constant drip-drip torture of their anti-social behaviour.

The hijacking of the word 'protest' and 'political' by these gutter thieves is the greatest disservice to genuine inequalities and genuine grievances in society everywhere.

This about sums it up for me:
    Waterstone's employee just said on the news: "we'll stay open, if they steal some books they might learn something"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Its very sad because I love London, all the times I have been there, I never once felt tension and I feel tension everyday in Dublin!

I remember I asked some policemen directions often when I was there and they were nothing but honest gentlemen. It's a frightening what is happening there now.

Sorry, but where do you feel the tension in Dublin all the time?

• Advertisement

I cant get sound to work, what's happening?

I cannot either.

they run riot.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there! Sure most of these gob****es are teenagers- under 18 presumabely on school holidays. Surely a lot of it is parents to blame and lack of parental/guardian discipline.

they run riot.

That will be the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Vigilantes are wrong.....always.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

It's spreading across London and to other cities in England. Will it spread to Scotland and Wales? Will something similar start in other European cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The Sikhs look so badass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Images coming in from Southall of hundreds of Sikh fellas gaurding their temple.

We won't be seeing any rioting there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

KeithM89 wrote: »
    x in the city Banned
    This isnt a thread for people to post their racist remarks.

Good call...statistically...

UK Prison stats...07
    Ethnicity

Break down of of prison population by ethnicity (2007) [6] Gender Race Percent Male (75,451) White 73% Mixed 3% Asian or Asian British 7% Black or Black British 15% Chinese or other ethnic group 1% Not stated, unrecorded, or 1991 Census ethnic codes 1% Women (4,283) White 70% Mixed 4% Asian or Asian British 3% Black or Black British 19% Chinese or other ethnic group 3% Not stated, unrecorded, or 1991 Census ethnic codes ~1%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

kevin65 wrote: »
    It's spreading across London and to other cities in England. Will it spread to Scotland and Wales? Will something similar start in other European cities?

No. It'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

All these groups out on the streets ..16,000 cops out tonite :rolleyes:

Advertisement