Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just after seeing some pictures from Manchester there. Shocking to think I was over there only a few days ago walking through the same shops they are now breaking into

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Vigilantes are wrong.....always.

Maybe vigilantes are wrong, but when the state does not protect the ordinary decent citizens, what else is there to do?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

CorkMan wrote: »
    They are driving through the streets, showing live action.

Live from last night though. (unless the exact same guy got arrested as I saw yesterday) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

One of those Sikh dudes has a big fuckin sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

if you are like me and need to tune it in

sangat tv Astra 1A 5.1E, Frequency 12523 Sr 27500 Vertical (V).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I cant get sound to work, what's happening?

They get stopped by police, the video they are showing now is delayed. Later on they will get stopped by police and get shouted out to turn around as the police are looking after it. All they wanted to do was go and check on their shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rioters are now looting Cash Converters.

Management have said they are not worried as they reckon they'll get everything back in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

5 police dogs injured :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You're wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

murpho999 wrote: »
    Rioters are now looting Cash Converters,

Management have said they are not worried as they reckon they'll get everything back in a week.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Before these riots I would have agreed with you, but if the police aren't competent enough to use necessary force to stop these rioters then someone has to do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

laugh wrote: »
    One of those Sikh dudes has a big fuckin sword.
    He wont be afraid decapitate somebody with it to ,it's all about honour and pride with these guys .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Unfortunate headline from the Independent (UK)'s front page:
    "Police: we'll fight fire with fire"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Interesting that some of people who were arrested yesterday have already been in court but as the district court can only hand out 6 months max. for burglary (for which more have been charged with) they're going to be tried by the crown court instead which can hand-out up to 10 years for the same offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,169 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hating these so called Mind experts on Sky News saying that these people dont have any other way and not their fault that you have to understand their problems.

What an absolute load of thrash..The only problems these people have is lack of respect and should be beaten all around London by the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

This is great tv, hope it goes on for a few more nights. Hope it doesn't effect the soccer on saturday though

Ponster wrote: »
    Interesting that some of people who were arrested yesterday have already been in court but as the district court can only hand out 6 months max. for burglary (for which more have been charged with) they're going to be tried by the crown court instead which can hand-out up to 10 years for the same offense.

Give them 10 years, that will put manners in these scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Daemos wrote: »
    Before these riots I would have agreed with you, but if the police aren't competent enough to use necessary force to stop these rioters then someone has to do something

And how are vigilantes going to stop it?
    You need to be able to see the bigger picture...vigilantes don't, as a rule, see the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Images coming in from Southall of hundreds of Sikh fellas gaurding their temple.

We won't be seeing any rioting there tonight.

It's just down the road from me, fair play to them. Pity nobody did that in Ealing but I suppose it was all so unexpected that people weren't prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Originally Posted by Happyman42 viewpost.gif

Even Batman?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sangat TV Doing a great job. Just driving around with a camera catching stuff as they can.

Would teach BBC & Sky a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

You need to be able to see the bigger picture...vigilantes don't, as a rule, see the bigger picture.

What's the bigger picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

ollie1 wrote: »
    5 police dogs injured :(

And 110 policemen

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Man is breaking in to shop robbing stuff. Man gets hiding. Man stops robbing and goes away.

Maybe man thinks twice next time. If not, man gets another hiding. Rinse and repeat until man learns his lesson or ends up in jail when the police get bored watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

The only problems these people have is lack of respect and should be beaten all around London by the police.

It was police brutality that started it so I guess even more brutality can fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

TheZohan wrote: »
    I disagree. It will send a message to these scumbags that society will not tolerate their thuggery. They're not doing the job of the police, they're doing their own job of dictating what's acceptable and what isn't. By right the parents of these little scrotes, and lets remember that the majority and teenagers, should have reeled them in and stopped them going out and acting the dick.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm worried that the community people will get hurt but other than that I think this is fantastic and I'm glad the nationals are finally reporting it. But it will mean the start of a shift in how people view policing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

They're only doing this because they think they can, and want to avoid conflict. If they see a gang of 70 people wanting to knock their heads in then they'll either scram or get a well-deserved beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

yammycat wrote: »
    It was police brutality that started it so I guess even more brutality can fix it.

Yeah the softly softly approach worked so well.

• Advertisement

yammycat wrote: »

On a lowest of the low scumbag.

Pity it does not happen more being honest.

Advertisement