Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    This is great tv, hope it goes on for a few more nights. Hope it doesn't effect the soccer on saturday though

You hope rioting, burglary, and huge amounts of criminal damage continue?

You don't care that communities are being torn apart, people's property and businesses are going up in flames, and that the police are being stretched to their limits?

What an odd fellow you must be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

yammycat wrote: »
    Cold blooded murder is always brutality, the gun was probably planted too, it only took them 5 minutes to start the lies about him shooting first so nothing they say about the gun can be taken at face value.

What?

The exact circumstances over who did exactly what in what sequence are what is being investigated now, but the CO19 guys do not just drive around looking for mini cabs to stop and shoot the passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

(Completely off topic but every time I have BBC24 on at the hour I always want to do a Bill Bailey style post-apocalyptic rave dance. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

iguana wrote: »
    And they have smashed up at least 3 charity shops, Oxfam Ealing, and Oxfam in Manchester and a children's charity shop in Ealing. They are really showing it to their rich oppressors, huh?

Yea, they did the animal charity shop in Ealing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

ahyeahok wrote: »
    if you are like me and need to tune it in

sangat tv Astra 1A 5.1E, Frequency 12523 Sr 27500 Vertical (V).

It on that frequency on 28 East. Astra 1A is long dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Feck all the theories about the death of Mark Duggan sparking it off -I blame Cher Llyod getting to number one. It enraged the nation and sent them psychotic thinking of the shame it brought on the UK. I know I develop violent tendencies anytime I hear it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Wertz wrote: »
    Then the cops get even more cutbacks and Cameron get's his "big society" by default. Conservatives have an awful lot to answer for regardless of your political or moral view of the events of the last few nights and always seem to be at the helm when you get these generational defining riots...

TBH though the conspiarcy theorist in me reckons that these events will be used to push through some seriously stringent police/legislative powers that will effect everyone in society (except the little c*nts that are doing 99% of the sh*t we're seeing...

**** right off the last labour bollicks wanted to lock people up for 48 days, and make us walk down the road carrying a dog tag

Remember Maggie never put the PTA on the statue book, that see you next tuesday Tony did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

2157: Hasit Shah, BBC News
    Enfield, in North London, scene of some of the worst rioting on Monday night, is very quiet. Met some residents who've told us they've been out tonight helping the police and looking after neighbourhood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Canning Town, east London now calm but tense. Police had a few bricks thrown at them and now in riot gear -

http://twitter.com/#!/skymarkwhite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Feck all the theories about the death of Mark Duggan sparking it off -I blame Cher Llyod getting to number one. It enraged the nation and sent them psychotic thinking of the shame it brought on the UK. I know I develop violent tendencies anytime I hear it...
    Good christ, it's currently sitting at No. 6 on the iTunes Irish chart :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

robinph wrote: »
    Shooting a known criminal who has a gun on him is hardly brutality. Pretty sensible response to the situation.

I actually disagree with you. If the police took the approach you described, a lot of folks would be killed in this country.

I think what they are taught in police academies is respect for human life first and try as much as possible to bring criminals to face justice in the law courts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

Daemos wrote: »
    Yeah, because it's worked so well up to now :rolleyes:And then a few days later confirmed he hadn't fired. Great lie-tellers they are :rolleyes:

Confirmed by the independent police complaints commission not the police, if this hadn't blown up the whole thing would have been swept under the carpet as a he fired first nod nod wink wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    People need to stop blaming the riots on poverty or no education or oppression. These are young people with so many opportunities. Show them Somalia and see how desperate they are to riot. They have phones, and clothes, and food, and safety yet they choose to **** it all for a new TV or Tesco rice? They are not oppressed. Rioting is not their one chance to be heard. They are little dickheads. They are criminals and should be treated as such.

I never thought gangs of feckless young people could bring so many cities to their knees.

Unfortunately it's going to be spun like this and there will be no justice served at all in the end. I'm grinding my teeth watching the live coverage of this and I know it is "society" that will be blamed in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

It on that frequency on 28 East. Astra 1A is long dead.

well i put in the Frequency 12523 Sr 27500 Vertical (V) into me scan thingymajingy and it worked for me... so i dunno :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I am trying to find a youtube clip of Silent Hill the movie where night is occuring and the sun is disappearing on the landscape inch by inch. The actors are like "We gotta get outta here!" and you can hear the monster in the distance.

Can't find one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KINGVictor wrote: »

I think what they are taught in police academies is respect for human life first and try as much as possible to bring criminals to face justice in the law courts.

I disagree with respectign the life of peopel who dont have one bit of respect for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Confirmed by the independent police complaints commission not the police, if this hadn't blown up the whole thing would have been swept under the carpet as a he fired first nod nod wink wink.
    It was under review before the riots even started, stop making up facts. Conspiracy Theories is that way -->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Anyone see the new Jason Statham and Paddy Considine film?

Three car thieves get battered with a hurley at the beginning

Lots of talk about baseball bat sales, Irish companies have missed a golden opportunity here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

reported for personal abuse

what:eek: **** is banned in after hours

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I actually disagree with you. If the police took the approach you described, a lot of folks would be killed in this country.

Also if it's known you will be shot on the spot for carrying a gun anyone with a gun will just start shooting at any sign of police, expect a lot of dead police and random passers by

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If the riots hadnt kicked off the family would have passed it off and a shooting would never have come to the attention of the IPCC? Sure:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

CorkMan wrote: »
    You would have to think if a family lived near to that Lidl and there was 0 police around for ages, they would be tempted to do that. And not just a scumbag family.

Apparently lots of people are spotting people looting stuff like baby formula and nappies but it's not being mentioned in the news because it goes against the general vein of the way the looters should be portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

(Completely off topic but every time I have BBC24 on at the hour I always want to do a Bill Bailey style post-apocalyptic rave dance. :o)

i know the feeling:D
    i want bill bailey reading the new's that would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

This will not end well - large groups of "Vigilante" football fans with free time on their hands with the games called off, Are marching en mass around east london looking for looters

http://lockerz.com/s/128126516

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2315989463095&comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by Kev_ps3
    This is great tv, hope it goes on for a few more nights. Hope it doesn't effect the soccer on saturday though
    Do they have soccer channels in La La land ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Bailey's music routines are inspired.
    Love his one about the french language tape musician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

exiztone wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's going to be spun like this and there will be no justice served at all in the end. I'm grinding my teeth watching the live coverage of this and I know it is "society" that will be blamed in the end.

Well in fairness "Society" should be blamed. It is OK to find billions to save financial markets and fund wars but there is no "money" for things "society" needs.

"Society" if fairly fuking retarded IMOH

If the riots hadnt kicked off the family would have passed it off and a shooting would never have come to the attention of the IPCC? Sure:rolleyes:

I am sure you can agree if there isn't a huge national spot light on a particular issue there is far greater scope for some shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Apparently lots of people are spotting people looting stuff like baby formula and nappies but it's not being mentioned in the news because it goes against the general vein of the way the looters should be portrayed.

As robbing lowlifes ? I don't care what they're stealing - it still shows that they're the scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

mikemac wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Jason Statham and Paddy Considine film?

Three car thieves get battered with a hurley at the beginning

Lots of talk about baseball bat sales, Irish companies have missed a golden opportunity here :(

Good shout.

should get the State on the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't understand this......:confused:

Trolololo = troll + lol
    "The police wouldn't kill an innocent man"
    Want a list of recent examples?

Advertisement