Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

DominoDub wrote: »
    This will not end well - large groups of "Vigilante" football fans with free time on their hands with the games called off, Are marching en mass around east london looking for looters

http://lockerz.com/s/128126516

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2315989463095&comments

Its what happens when you allow vigilantes. Things will escalate out of control very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yammycat wrote: »
    I am sure you can agree if there isn't a huge national spot light on a particular issue there is far greater scope for some shenanigans.

I doubt the IPCC base their investigations around the level of press coverage the case gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I actually disagree with you. If the police took the approach you described, a lot of folks would be killed in this country.

Id be fairly sure none of them would be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

You hope rioting, burglary, and huge amounts of criminal damage continue?

You don't care that communities are being torn apart, people's property and businesses are going up in flames, and that the police are being stretched to their limits?

What an odd fellow you must be.

Yeah for my entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I've a feeling the trouble in London will happening in the dead of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

according to twitter Canning Circus police station in Nottingham has been firebombed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Latchy wrote: »
    Do they have soccer channels in La La land ?

Not sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I am sure you can agree if there isn't a huge national spot light on a particular issue there is far greater scope for some shenanigans.

It was all being investigated before anyone smashed any windows or burnt buses. The initial vigil in Tottenham was just about them wanting a response quicker, which was asking a bit much really.

These riots are nothing to do with criminals getting shot or an IPCC investigation.

It's just scumbags being scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Well in fairness "Society" should be blamed. It is OK to find billions to save financial markets and fund wars but there is no "money" for things "society" needs.

"Society" if fairly fuking retarded IMOH

It's their doing and their parents' fault. Nobody more. Please, don't turn these people into victims because they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there! Sure most of these gob****es are teenagers- under 18 presumabely on school holidays. Surely a lot of it is parents to blame and lack of parental/guardian discipline.

I dunno about it being a sweeping generalization but I'll tell you something, its only a matter of time before this happens here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I doubt the IPCC base their investigations around the level of press coverage the case gets.

Not officially, but of course it does sway them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

personally I feel anyone who thinks it's their right or necessity to be their own armed marshall should be shot. can't permit such an arrogant "right", then that same ethic goes around and around and everyone has one. The cops emselves probably wouldn't even be armed if there wasn't that threat from one too many civilians. America is the most influential, worst blueprint for a first world society and Britain is hand In hand with em. worryingly we are stuck in the middle and tend to adopt the worst of both worlds, especially amongst vulnerable naive young hearts and minds

You do have to feel for the reporter reporting in the streets. They could be interviewing a person on the camera and the next second and gang could target them.

You do have to feel for the reporter reporting in the streets. They could be interviewing a person on the camera and the next second and gang could target them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The police are using their brains now with a lot of plain clothes officers getting closer to the looters and able to apprehend or identify them. About time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    As robbing lowlifes ? I don't care what they're stealing - it still shows that they're the scum of the earth.

I agree, but some of this may be in desperation, as the shops were all closed today and may be for several days.

Also if it's known you will be shot on the spot for carrying a gun anyone with a gun will just start shooting at any sign of police, expect a lot of dead police and random passers by

Only a complete scumbag would be walking through a city carrying a gun for no good reason. I can't understand why anyone would complain that someone who's aim is to cause trouble isn't around any more

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

moco wrote: »
    I agree, but some of this may be in desperation, as the shops were all closed today and may be for several days.

Yeah, the best way to solve a problem of the shops being closed is to start looting. That will surely mean that the shops are re-stocked and opened that much sooner. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Yeah for my entertainment.

Why do you care for English soccer so much if you enjoy seeing England in such a state of crisis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

http://twitter.com/#!/nottspolice Canning Circus Police Station fire bombed by a group of 30-40 males. No reports of injuries at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

moco wrote: »

So? Shops used to be closed here on Sundays and Christmas - I still wouldn't go looting and taking stuff that isn't mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'd say Corkman when you started this thread you didn't think it'd get so far, we'll probably crack 5,000 posts

Apparently lots of people are spotting people looting stuff like baby formula and nappies but it's not being mentioned in the news because it goes against the general vein of the way the looters should be portrayed.

So the people looting from shops are being hard done by ye? I'm sure there perfectly nice people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

lol at the muppet on Sky News now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Well in fairness "Society" should be blamed. It is OK to find billions to save financial markets and fund wars but there is no "money" for things "society" needs.

"Society" if fairly fuking retarded IMOH
    That argument is bull. Plenty of poor people not out rioting tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Complete idiot masked and talking live on Sky news...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

dirty scum on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Knobheads on sky now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

LOL at this clown-scum on sky news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone see that eejit on Sky News there?

"Cos I won moneh"

Advertisement