Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ahyeahok wrote: »
    according to twitter Canning Circus police station in Nottingham has been firebombed.
    According to one report most of the holding cells in greater London are already full to capacity with scumbag. So they they might be doing society a favour by roasting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Why didn't they give orders to shoot the rioters with plastic bullets? The Brits are quick enough to use them in other countries, why not on their own people?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Simple, entertainment

UK football isn't,generally,very entertaining:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

poolboy wrote: »
    IMO this stems from the removal of the threat of an immediate robust response from police to low level criminality ie an ear boxing and a kick up the hole. Police forces in england and here cant touch these little scumbags without losing their job and/or ending up in court this is where the pc do gooder whingers have brought england and its coming to a street near you soon

Yeah, nothing to do with the Met's own behaviour resulting in people hating them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

poolboy wrote: »
    IMO this stems from the removal of the threat of an immediate robust response from police to low level criminality ie an ear boxing and a kick up the hole. Police forces in england and here cant touch these little scumbags without losing their job and/or ending up in court this is where the pc do gooder whingers have brought england and its coming to a street near you soon

But....but...but...it's just the misunderstood "yoof" letting off some steam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Spurs have just signed a new striker...

Robatelly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Happyman42 wrote: »
    If you deprive and ghettoize generations of certain demographics what is it that people are expecting to come out of it....Jeremy Paxman?

As the existence of this amount of 'scum' and chavs' is such a suprise for everybody maybe it might do the Brits no harm in the end. They might see what 'they' have created.

No one is deliberately depriving these people.

They are just too useless and work-shy to improve their lot. Easier to blame society even when it tries to help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    So? Shops used to be closed here on Sundays and Christmas - I still wouldn't go looting and taking stuff that isn't mine.

Yea, but you know they're going to be closed on Sundays and Christmas, they're not suddenly closed indefinitely, without warning.

I don't agree with it as I already said, but if they think they mightn't be able to get food for their babies it's more understandable than the rest of the looting that's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

yammycat wrote: »
    Even when these people aren't rioting and looting they are still scumbags in the eyes of most people.
    When a murderer is not murdering, is s/he not still a murderer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

df1985 wrote: »
    Im only in the door so sorry if this has been answered, rumours of looting on henry street on facebook, any truth? yes i do realise its facebook but had to ask...

No henry street in Limerick is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

moco wrote: »
    Yea, but you know they're going to be closed on Sundays and Christmas, they're not suddenly closed indefinitely, without warning.

I don't agree with it as I already said, but if they think they mightn't be able to get food for their babies it's more understandable than the rest of the looting that's going on.
    food for their babies, good jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsS8kTQkjfE

It's extraordinary how calm the looters are. Walk in, collect loot, walk out, continue on.

It's almost methodical. And quite frightening to think of how many of them are so easily willing to turn violent. I'm quite a lefty, and usually come down hard on so much as a whiff of police brutality, but these little ****s could do with a battering - if only to let them know they won't get away with it unpunished.

Sad thing is they will be unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

colly10 wrote: »
    So the people looting from shops are being hard done by ye? I'm sure there perfectly nice people

Very interesting that you would assume that is what i mean.

As opposed to the fact that i mean that once again the media is not giving an accurate description of what is really happening.

The goods that the media are talking about are dvds, games, electronics and clothes being stolen by young males.

The goods actually being stolen are pretty much everything being lifted by a varied enough group of people.

A thief is a thief, but i dislike anyone who thinks one thief deserves more promotion than another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

J. Marston wrote: »
    ''Why are you doing this?''

''Cuz the police are arresting for, like, stupid, ah I dunno the words....''

Jesus Christ....

Sounds about as intelligent as the British politicians who are incapable of answering questions on the riots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Entertainment for simple people?

Why are you watching it then? Its a foreign country lads, its not Dublin. Sit back and watch England burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »

Loving the riot shield tea tray. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I don't mean to be stereotyping, nor am I a racist, but on Sky News and the BBC it appears to only be Black Youth workers who are saying "this is only happening because the youth have nothing to do, there is not enough activities and that is why this situation built up to what it is now. That is why this is happening"

Obviously a youth worker might not be a professional job, from what I know the job is on a voluntary basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Oh right, fair enough.

You seem to have all the qualities needed to join one of these bands of criminals.

Quite pitiful really.
    bronte wrote: »
    You have a pretty messed up idea of what constitutes entertainment.
    I hope you never have to watch your family members in a potentially dangerous situation with little you can do about it.

I'm interested in it to. Twitter is on fire. So is "here" There is something interesting on the news to watch ala the Iraq wars.

It's a bit like watching boxing, a barbaric sport in many ways.

Enjoying it is not really how I would describe it but I suppose you could say I am entertained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you deprive and ghettoize generations of certain demographics what is it that people are expecting to come out of it....Jeremy Paxman?

As the existence of this amount of 'scum' and chavs' is such a suprise for everybody maybe it might do the Brits no harm in the end. They might see what 'they' have created.
    Rubbish!

These people have no interest in becoming active members of society. They marginalise themselves.

Look at how much money we pay out in social welfare and regeneration projects here, yet we still have a massive number of wasters floating about the place.

How is it that these "deprived" and "neglected" areas still manage to turn out decent, hardworking, upstanding members of society?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Why are you watching it then? Its a foreign country lads, its not Dublin. Sit back and watch England burn.

Just not the sports stadiums and media institutions which you rely so heavily upon?

Its difficult to feel anything other than sadness for people such as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Amazon reporting 5,000% increase in sales of baseball bats over past 24 hrs

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Plenty of people from these areas get educated or otherwise and make a good contribution to society. Its no excuse. There are good and bad people from every section of society.

What the hell more are society supposed to do for these rioters that will stop them rioting. They give them charity in the form of dole money every week and this is how society is repaid? They should be getting down on their knees and thanking the working man for giving them a free living instead of being hell-bent on destruction. These people have it easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Be quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I really hate eircom, damn sky news buffering every 20 seconds.
    Select medium or low quality on the video task bar. Should do the trick unless your broadband is very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Just not the sports stadiums and media institutions which you rely so heavily upon?

Its difficult to feel anything other than sadness for people such as yourself.

This is boards.IE incase you didnt notice Brit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Telegraph - 21.56 A few hints of ugly scenes and racial tension in Enfield, but no suggestion that it is widespread. More hearteningly, there are pictures of a group of Millwall and Charlton fans in Eltham High Street standing outside shops, apparently chanting "No-one loots us, we don't care".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I really hate eircom, damn sky news buffering every 20 seconds.
    Try putting the video quality down to medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

tuxy wrote: »
    No henry street in Limerick is grand.

would probably just be a normal day in Limerick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/GranadaReports
    A man has been arrested in Bootle after a Post Office was hit by a JCB.

http://yfrog.com/h36oprqj

Advertisement