Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if this was already posted but just sums up the scumbags and their thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

For all the money that Sky and the Beeb have, the best coverage of this is coming from two lads driving around in a car on Sangat (Sky 847)...

Just showed someone getting arrested for trying to break into a tv shop in Birmingham before being moved along by police.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

DominoDub wrote: »

that jessica carter looks hot on this scumbags friends list

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Sangat TV is trending worldwide on twitter right now

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

food for their babies, good jesus.

Yea, isn't that what baby food is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Amazon reporting 5,000% increase in sales of baseball bats over past 24 hrs

Amazon

The shops must be all out of them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

poolboy wrote: »
    IMO this stems from the removal of the threat of an immediate robust response from police to low level criminality ie an ear boxing and a kick up the hole. Police forces in england and here cant touch these little scumbags without losing their job and/or ending up in court this is where the pc do gooder whingers have brought england and its coming to a street near you soon

Teachers will tell you that when the threat of the cane went out of the classroom they lost control.
    An old Garda told my brother that when they could send a young lad home with a clatter on the ear or a kick in the arse there was no trouble and a lesson was learned but now its all about rights and paperwork. Years ago if a Garda came to our house with a complaint about us my parents would give us some talking to.

I just don't know if they were right but one thing is certain there are many parents in London who have no control over their children or else they don't care about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

As are the people, who others in this thread, would view as merely white collar criminals. I'm speaking of executives from wall street firms, who have caused just as much misery, if not more, to society than these stupid brats in London.

All that proves is that their are bad people in every section of this society, all the more reason why they shouldn't be excused because they are poor as some people are suggesting.

Plenty of white collar criminals have been put in jail with lengthy criminal sentences, much longer than any of these rioting scumbags will ever get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Amazon reporting 5,000% increase in sales of baseball bats over past 24 hrs

Amazon

I dont get this, by the time theyre delivered all of this will be nearly over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Kensington wrote: »
    Rubbish!

These people have no interest in becoming active members of society. They marginalise themselves.

Look at how much money we pay out in social welfare and regeneration projects here, yet we still have a massive number of wasters floating about the place.

How is it that these "deprived" and "neglected" areas still manage to turn out decent, hardworking, upstanding members of society?

If you try really hard you are nearly there.
    Would the fact that some can access what it takes to be this mythical 'upstanding member of society' not intrigue you?
    Surely what you are saying is the same as I am saying....give these people the proper facilities, services and education and events like this won't happen....I guarantee it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some police station fire-bombed by a group of 40 men according to BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i bet the kaiser chiefs are all smug now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The lads at Sangat TV deserve some sort of journalism award after these riots. Doing a great job in showing the scene in Birmingham. Plus they helped the police make an arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

**** right off the last labour bollicks wanted to lock people up for 48 days, and make us walk down the road carrying a dog tag

Remember Maggie never put the PTA on the statue book, that see you next tuesday Tony did

...Blair had the 7/7 thing to deal with and we both know that the Bush/Blair era wasn't about traditional labour policies, but New Labour (Tory lite) heavily influenced by the american input and war on terror hysteria were only too quick to push for PTA.
    Thatcher didn't need it anyway...the Uk already had enough legislative ammo...

Many would argue that it's on Blair's watch that the generation that are out on the streets this week are bred from labour's last run of power.
    Realistically one's as bad as the other...it's classic two party system, perceived free electoral choice, that isn't really a choce at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sky news: protesters trying to break into a shop in manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

:eek:

Sky ATM.

GO ON HELICOPTER!!! FIRE SOME DAMN MISSILES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    This is boards.IE incase you didnt notice Brit

No need for that Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

moco wrote: »
    Yea, isn't that what baby food is?

Yes, I dont think there are many looting food for babies though, just by the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

TheZohan wrote: »
    No need for that Kev.

Would you honestly expect anything better from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/skymarkwhite
    In Canning Town, police have taken off riot gear.. most back in vans. Some parents have been dragging their kids back home

About friggin time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

They should of brought in some Apache attack helicopters

Fire some missiles and fire the gunns :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Why are you watching it then? Its a foreign country lads, its not Dublin. Sit back and watch England burn.
    This is boards.IE incase you didnt notice Brit

Anymore of that and you are gone for a VERY long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Kensington wrote: »
    Rubbish!

These people have no interest in becoming active members of society. They marginalise themselves.

Look at how much money we pay out in social welfare and regeneration projects here, yet we still have a massive number of wasters floating about the place.

How is it that these "deprived" and "neglected" areas still manage to turn out decent, hardworking, upstanding members of society?

Completely agree. It's a grim truth but opportunity is present for these people as much as anyone else. My primary and secondary schools had some people from this demographic. When they had the opportunity to better themselves and learn, they caused problems, forced the teacher to be a disciplinarian and hurt the progress of the other students. I have no sympathy for these animals. Of course their parents are the real culprits here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The lads at Sangat TV deserve some sort of journalism award after these riots. Doing a great job in showing the scene in Birmingham. Plus they helped the police make an arrest.

Where can i find this channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

food for their babies, good jesus.

Isn't that what baby food is? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1595016032/3

Stream for sangat tv for anyone thats interested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Why didn't they give orders to shoot the rioters with plastic bullets? The Brits are quick enough to use bullets in other countries, why not on their own people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Would you honestly expect anything better from him?

lol, guy insulted me first and ye jump down my throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BBC reporting that many of the rioters in court today are employed, some professionals. Kind of reminds me of the football hooligans, angry black and white males don't need any reason for mindless violence.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

Yeah it just shows the mainstream media up. Sky were using some of their footage a while back.
    You have to love the way they let police jump into the back of the car and gave them a lift up the road to make an arrest :D:D

Advertisement