Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

All that proves is that their are bad people in every section of this society, all the more reason why they shouldn't be excused because they are poor as some people are suggesting.

Plenty of white collar criminals have been put in jail with lengthy criminal sentences, much longer than any of these rioting scumbags will ever get.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/not-one-whitecollar-criminal-ever-jailed-admits-watchdog-2246335.html

NO ONE prosecuted for white-collar crime by the corporate watchdog has been jailed in the 10-year history of the office.
    Sending criminals to jail "does not happen in company law" an official at the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) admitted.

Apparently not in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Apparently lots of people are spotting people looting stuff like baby formula and nappies but it's not being mentioned in the news because it goes against the general vein of the way the looters should be portrayed.

link??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

df1985 wrote: »
    would probably just be a normal day in Limerick :p

Except the rioters would be on horses instead of the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Happyman42 wrote: »
    If you deprive and ghettoize generations of certain demographics what is it that people are expecting to come out of it....Jeremy Paxman?

As the existence of this amount of 'scum' and chavs' is such a suprise for everybody maybe it might do the Brits no harm in the end. They might see what 'they' have created.

Are you having a laugh? You must be. Are you really insinuating that the British people (the few who actually still bother to work and have some self respect) have created this underclass of chavs and scumbags? Do you really believe that all these looters are poor victims of society? I'm not saying that some parts of London aren't horribly grim, but believe me, there are plenty of leisure facilities, plenty of youth clubs, plenty of special schemes, night classes, everything. And the areas they don't exist, it's because the chavvy scumbags have vandalised them, threatened staff or burned them down. Isn't it odd that plenty of Londoners below the poverty line (and I lived in London for almost 2 years well under the poverty line myself and have tons of friends from council estates in Peckham, Brixton, Tooting etc) manage not to ruin everything around them?

You do realise that medical care is free for unemployed people? School is free, university is covered by loans (poorer students actually get much more in maintenance grants, making them better off than the middle classes), cheap housing is provided. How many of these things do you think people get in Brazil or any other non-European country? Hell, even Spain lets people rot and starve if they can't/won't work. Please save your sympathy and tears for the many, many people in the world who are seriously in poverty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Yes, I dont think there are many looting food for babies though, just by the pictures.

Someone was on about people looting for baby food and nappies a few pages back. That's what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

i bet the kaiser chiefs are all smug now

They helped clean up today !
    http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/265590-kaiser-chiefs-grab-brooms-and-join-riot-clean-up-campaign/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

''Mirror going to publish thugs faces tomorrow .Well done''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Happyman42 wrote: »
    If you try really hard you are nearly there.
    Would the fact that some can access what it takes to be this mythical 'upstanding member of society' not intrigue you?
    Surely what you are saying is the same as I am saying....give these people the proper facilities, services and education and events like this won't happen....I guarantee it.
    Sure, throw enough money at something and it will eventually work out, but how much money can you honestly commit?

There are some people who no matter how much money and training and benefits and opportunities you give to them, simply aren't interested. They don't want to bother being a part of society, not interested in holding down a job, not interested in bettering themselves. Once they get their state benefits each week, they're happy.

If you can get two people from an area who get access to the same opportunities in life how can one make it and one can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

live Action from Manchester on bbc news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

flash1080 wrote: »
    Why didn't they give orders to shoot the rioters with plastic bullets? The Brits are quick enough to use bullets in other countries, why not on their own people?
    Has this been posted already or is this thread making me go a bit funny?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just saw a copper clobber a guy on BBC news as he was walking across the road trying to look innocent. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Kensington wrote: »
    When a murderer is not murdering, is s/he not still a murderer?

You know, that's a really interesting question. What period of time has to pass for example, before a person ceases to be called a murderer? Or if they aren't murdering someone in this instant, are they still a murderer?

How long are you murdering someone for anyway? Is it just for an instannt or could for example the drive to the murder scene be a part of the murder?

It would be interesting to ask an actual murderer these questions to get his thoughts on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah fair play to Sagat TV,another live arrest there aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

baraca wrote: »
    http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1595016032/3

Stream for sangat tv for anyone thats interested

Just seeing someone being arrested now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Namlub wrote: »
    Has this been posted already or is this thread making me go a bit funny?

Nobody answered my question the first time :pac: Wondering why they have no problem using bullets in other countries but won't use them on their own people...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Where can i find this channel?

Channel 847 on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    lol, guy insulted me first and ye jump down my throat?

I guarantee most people on this board and in all Ireland stand with the good honest people of England against these filthy scum bags and are horrified at the distress and terror that innocent families are suffering at the hand of these miscreants.

Well done to Sagat TV they showed more live coverage then most of the TV News stations.

London is overall quite now its really salford + manchester + bimringham and other smaller area's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

realies wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/not-one-whitecollar-criminal-ever-jailed-admits-watchdog-2246335.html

NO ONE prosecuted for white-collar crime by the corporate watchdog has been jailed in the 10-year history of the office.
    Sending criminals to jail "does not happen in company law" an official at the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) admitted.

Apparently not in Ireland.

I was thinking more of America where the most significant white-collar crime affecting the world occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Yeah it just shows the mainstream media up. Sky were using some of their footage a while back.
    You have to love the way they let police jump into the back of the car and gave them a lift up the road to make an arrest :D:D

check out the comment stream on the sangat site, shows the mentality of the chavs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Thought Id post this just been flicking through the thread. My gf's from Norwich she's gone home for ten days she probably wishes she didnt bother she phoned there about 15 mins ago her family own restaurant over there. Anyways they are rioting and looting in Norwich now they had to lock the place up pull down the blinds all this with a restaurant full of people. Some madness going on over there at the moment the police need to start cracking skulls I think Im not the biggest fan of the police at the best of times and I dont agree with violence but enough is enough innocent people are being put at risk by scumbags its not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

flash1080 wrote: »
    Nobody answered my question the first time :pac: Wondering why they have no problem using bullets in other countries but won't use them on their own people...

The British police are in other countries shooting people? :eek:

LOL its funny watching them protect that mosque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

James__10 wrote: »
    Ironically, in exactly a year's time in London there will be hundreds of blacks running about trying to take either gold, silver or bronze and it will all be started with the single shot of a pistol.

Definition of irony :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Once again, good newsnight debate BBC2....better than the rolling coverage for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lad on Sangat TV has a spear, you would not want to mess with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Enjoying it is not really how I would describe it but I suppose you could say I am entertained.

That's nice...I'll probably get hit by this sh1t tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

847 channel on sky

Advertisement