Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Yahew wrote: »
    Shoot at them, and they will shoot back.

Shoot at them and they'll go home.

This is a bunch of "innit bruv" types out to rob some trainers and flatscreens under the guise of sticking it to the Met. They aren't looking for a war and they are probably astounded that they've been allowed to get away with this bull**** 2 nights in a row.

End it now and end it decisively. Let the PC brigade bitch and moan all they want but at least parts of the city won't be burning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

mikemac wrote: »
    In all the general mayhem, any reports if the Jews in the area are coming under attack?
    Singled out as a target? I think pogram is the word

Just one of the few things I know about Tottenham are the large amount of Jews there

The Jewish shops are safe. The 'protestors' are mainly targeting easy to spell shops (3 letters or less).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm surprised this is happening in broad daylight ffs. End it now before any more damage is done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Is it true that HMV was robbed of every single DVD and CD ( except country music)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hackney and Lewisham now,the met would want to get a grip on this soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sister in law in London right now is telling me that fighting has broken out just out side her front door now.
    Choppers are going mad over head.
    She lives in the middle of Hackney. She's afraid to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In all the general mayhem, any reports if the Jews in the area are coming under attack?

Just one of the few things I know about Tottenham are the large amount of Jews there

There's not as many there as the place's reputation would make it seem. There doesn't seem to be anything other than randomness in the targets and also in the make-up of the "rioters", seems to be at least half-white from what I've seen.

Just watching BBC news now, locals aren't too happy with the cops' decision to cut-and-run early the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Anybody know why KFC is one of the few places not being attacked by the mob?

The owners would only fillet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

A lot of areas getting involved in the 'protesting' now. I hope this madness ends before the protesting looting spreads to Kensington, Mayfair and Regents Park. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I think the impact of wall to wall coverage by SKY is being overlooked.
    I have it on instead of RTE in case something 'kicks off' that I might miss.
    And I'm confused as to why that is......is it like slowing down on the motorway to look at a car crash, the way the term 'car crash' television was coined.
    I also think there is a minority who will revel in the coverage and want to see things get worse and also to contribute to the violence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

"Many young people are finking what we gonna have when we're older and we can't see nuffink so some fink we'll go and get thing for ourselves."

Not a job though apparently.

A friend just put up on their Facebook page that shops in Shoreditch are shutting up shops, just in case.

What in the eff is happening over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

How many pairs of trainers does a person need exactly?

Mare Street in Hackney:

http://yfrog.com/h0i6vvdyj

Watching it live, where's the ruddy cops gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Nope. I work in the jewish community. Shops closed early and the local family centres/schools closed early but they've not specifically been targeted..can keep you up to date if i hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Where are all of these "Community leaders"? Are they too busy whoring themselves on tv channels to get out and tell these kids to go home :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Biggins wrote: »
    Sister in law in London right now is telling me that fighting has broken out just out side her front door now.
    Choppers are going mad over head.
    She lives in the middle of Hackney. She's afraid to go outside.

Watching the BBC coverage now. If she can get out of Hackney, she should. Otherwise lock the door, and stay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Where are all of these "Community leaders"? Are they too busy whoring themselves on tv channels to get out and tell these kids to go home :rolleyes:

They're the ones at the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

A lot of these rioters have a really shitty aim.

• Advertisement

Starting to intensify now,that blue car is toast I reckon.

Police must be waiting for re-inforcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

They would more than likely be told to F-Off, and attacked.

These kids, and some of them are, dont give two sh!tes about anyone in authority.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Watching the BBC coverage now. If she can get out of Hackney, she should. Otherwise lock the door, and stay in.
    She's staying in. Has her and the 4 kids in the house. Keeping them away from the windows.
    She lives in Framthom street where Sky is currently showing live on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have to laugh at all the double rock hard lads wrecking the place. 25 police in a line run at about 100 lads and they turn on their heels and leg it. Only up for a fight as long as the polce stand in a line watching so they can fling things from a distance it seems.

according to Twitter Boris Johnson, mayor of London is returning from holiday

Thats all right then... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jake1 wrote: »
    according to Twitter Boris Johnson, mayor of London is returning from holiday

Thats all right then... :)

Maybe if they offer him up as a sacrifice it'll all finish up. It's worth trying anyway. :)

Apparently they just smashed up McDonalds there where the sister in laws is.
    She has a young Daughter "Kerry" that is pretty upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

Sky News dont miss a beat!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1896/skynewshdnelomj.jpg

:eek::eek:

Biggins wrote: »
    She's staying in. Has her and the 4 kids in the house. Keeping them away from the windows.
    She lives in Framthom street where Sky is currently showing live on tv.

Jesus love her, Id be terrifed, hope shes ok Bigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I feel for the police out in Hackney right now there are hundreds of these teenagers and only about 30 police. I hope they get out of this unharmed. Feck the rioters.

This is what years of chav and gang culture has been leading up to. These kids are relentless and wont just go away. Its time to tackle the underclasses with force.

Advertisement