Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Superbus wrote: »
    You know it's 'raze' not 'raise'?

Funny that.

As in Kazer Chiefs??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Happyman42 wrote: »
    you weren't listening either then? :rolleyes:

i heard both sides shouting over each other and the basic explanation for the rioting was poverty, they never had anything so thats why they dont mind destroying stuff blah blah blah. exact words of the man with braids. presenter asked him why he wasnt out rioting - because i had two good parents and i had everything i wanted.

will big prison terms solve the problem? no theyll get out eventually and their children will grow up with the same issues etc etc.

thats what i got from that particular debate - if you could call it that. did i miss anything? between the two neither could give a decent reason why these scumbags were out taking towns apart. the lady said theres thousands of young people from poor backgrounds not outside acting the fcuk and she asked what explanation could they give for that. i dont think she got an answer

RobitTV wrote: »
    Something is going on Sangat tv they said something has happened

I cant hear anything. do you have another link maybe ? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

this Sangat tv were do i get it? my shy box dont go up to 847 only to 600 or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's all this raise/raze?
    It's been going on since last night and it's a tag

Actually I don't want to know, seems to be some inside joke shared by a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Is a Justin.tv link to Sangat allowed to be posted?

Edit: Nevermind, Robit's on the ball as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Beats talkin about the economy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Jake1 wrote: »
    I cant hear anything. do you have another link maybe ? thanks.

The audio is not working for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Superbus wrote: »
    Is a Justin.tv link to Sangat allowed to be posted?

Its a legit stream from Sangat themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

mikemac wrote: »

You raze a good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

What heartened me about this situation is the push back by ordinary decent people like the Sangat guys, the Sikh chaps and the other few groups knocking around. They are from the same places as a lot of these looting toe-rags.

People are just sick and tired of the scumbag element in their locales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

patwicklow wrote: »
    this Sangat tv were do i get it? my shy box dont go up to 847 only to 600 or so
    It's in the "international" category.
    Look under "moore" then "international"
    Alternatively, just key in 847 on the number pad on your remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Sangat having some technical difficulties there....

Back on...showing skip on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

The Police need to get organized and try to catch these little bastids and give them a proper beating.

I remember seeing security forces somewhere who had 'snatch squads' which involved blokes on motorbikes identifying ringleaders and zipping in and grabbing them. Seeing the police just standing there doing nothing while these vermin are firing things at them from a few feet away in a bit sad really.

Now i just got a update --

23.09 Repeated rumours of problems in Wandsworth, south London; more when I hear it. (telegraph)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It was to do with a comment re a building being razed/raised to the ground.

And which one was the correct term.

;)

Sangat having some technical difficulties there....

the chat box down the side is hysterical :)

Bhat on me ghee ??? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

I think we will inevatibly find some Asians involved, particularly in Birmingham sadly some of them slipped the net, blended in and let these islands' indigenous culture infect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

jaysus, she'd ate ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Police station in nottingham firebombed (bbc)

muff03 wrote: »
    jaysus, she'd ate ya!

who would ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

muff03 wrote: »
    jaysus, she'd ate ya!
    She ain't scared of no looters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sonic85 wrote: »
    i heard both sides shouting over each other and the basic explanation for the rioting was poverty, they never had anything so thats why they dont mind destroying stuff blah blah blah. exact words of the man with braids. presenter asked him why he wasnt out rioting - because i had two good parents and i had everything i wanted.

will big prison terms solve the problem? no theyll get out eventually and their children will grow up with the same issues etc etc.

thats what i got from that particular debate - if you could call it that. did i miss anything? between the two neither could give a decent reason why these scumbags were out taking towns apart. the lady said theres thousands of young people from poor backgrounds not outside acting the fcuk and she asked what explanation could they give for that. i dont think she got an answer

And of course you didn't hear the bit where he talked about similar riots happening during the 70's 80's 90's and until the problems where tackled in a real way they would continue to happen???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Manchester riot gear looks the best of all the types I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

poolboy wrote: »
    You see this is the problem you admit your not a fan of the police but as soon as sh!t gets a little close to home you want them to crack heads, next week youll probably be moaning about heavy handed tactics from police arresting some toe rag, we cant have it every way anymore either society gets of the police backs and let them do their job 365 days a year not just when it suits or grt used to scenes like this.

Thats a simplistic point of view on offense intended. Im not a fan of the Police when they use needless excessive force or just be plain dickhe@ds for no apparent reason which happens quite a bit. Im a law abiding citizen I live by the rules and I respect the Police doesnt mean I like them but I respect them. Liking has nothing to do with. Here we have a situation were innocent people are being put at risk, extra force is warranted and should be used by the police and it isnt being done. All this while gangs of scumbags are out wrecking the place and beating people up. So yes by all means the Police should have gone in more heavy handed when all this kicked off and they would have been completely within their rights to do so. You wont hear me complaining about heavy handed tactics not when they are warranted and they people/scumbags on the receiving end deserve them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Jake1 wrote: »
    who would ??
    big one on 847, those lads are legends

Advertisement