Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

Here's some before/after slide shots from the telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8691651/London-riots-before-and-after-the-destruction-in-Croydon-Hackney-and-Enfield.html

Holy ****, the carnage!Little ****ers should have the book thrown at them:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

DominoDub wrote: »

The head on the prick.

Anyways, notice he's employed according to his profile - the list of charged at Woolwich court (one example) as noted on Newsnight included university graduates, a graphic designer and sundry other employed people including a 47year old.

This thing happening in England is in no way politically motivated - it's the dregs and the working class neighbourhood terrorisers and football hooligan types (ie, the graphic designer) who get their kicks from destruction and thievery.
    Look at the professions of some of the notorious hooligan gangs in the 70s and 80s..

Anyway, back to Mr Briggs on Facebook - he's even liked the page 'Call of Duty:London's Warfare ffs.
    the only thing he's deprived of is a fckin brain and some decency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Jake1 wrote: »
    the chat box down the side is hysterical :)

Bhat on me ghee ??? :eek:

You've a what on your where? :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Happyman42 wrote: »
    A few establishment members need to shut the f*** up and listen.

Big problem is that no-one is wrong or right here...it's subjective reasoning detrmined by culutural and class values. The 50 something white guy, the mum are right...then the rapper and the guy with the beard have points...but the people whipping the electrical goods don't give a f8ck either way.

This is a bigger issue than anyone is letting on...the rioting is only a symptom, not the disease itslef...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And of course you didn't hear the bit where he talked about similar riots happening during the 70's 80's 90's and until the problems where tackled in a real way they would continue to happen???

What problems exactly ?

• Advertisement

muff03 wrote: »
    big one on 847, those lads are legends

cheers, Im watching but cant hear, so Im looking at the chat box which is hilarious. heresa quote about the legend with the beard..

Housejackerz: He's fit!!! hmmmmm
    » would love his beard rubbing on my balls :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gotta love Kelvin McKenzie #newsnight

You obviously don't know him very well.

Read this and jump to Hillsborough Disaster. Despicable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The lad from Sangat TV is talking so much sense, glad these two lads are getting the exposure they deserve. Great portrayal of the Sikh community in Britain as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Just got back from london where I raided jd sports. ive got 45 trainers for sale (right foot only).
    Anyone got heather mills phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SangatTV give Brummie police a lift to the arrest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

I think a lot can be learnt from the Sikh community when it comes to respect and unity in a community, a city, and a country. A great speech a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Jake1 wrote: »
    the chat box down the side is hysterical :)

Bhat on me ghee ??? :eek:

It's a racist fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

muff03 wrote: »
    big one on 847, those lads are legends
    She'd some 'tood on her aswell. Sauntering about with a bright pink top on with a "go on, I dare ya" swagger. Could have done with her in croyden last night!

Bet her kids aren't out looting. I'd rather face a water cannon than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

And of course you didn't hear the bit where he talked about similar riots happening during the 70's 80's 90's and until the problems where tackled in a real way they would continue to happen???

oh dont worry i heard it. whats your point? scumbags will continue to be scumbags? enlighten me please - what exactly is the "real" way to tackle this problem? throw money at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

More police in the Sangat car :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

No sound on that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Why isnt sky or bbc like sangat tv?

They have balls thats why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

sonic85 wrote: »
    oh dont worry i heard it. whats your point? scumbags will continue to be scumbags? enlighten me please - what exactly is the "real" way to tackle this problem? throw money at it?

No, going through the courts spending millions in fees, three quarters of looters getting off the hook and more than half of the police getting fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

23.17 Wandsworth update: seems to be lots of sirens and police, but no major disturbances. One report on Twitter of a brief chase and an arrest, but that's it. (telegraph)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

So your solution is that the British taxpayer should bribe these people more social welfare to stop them rioting?

There is only so much social welfare and education opportunities you can throw at them. Eventually they have to help themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Sangat TV and SKY 847 trending on Twitter, it really shows that this channel is the only one showing what is actually happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sonic85 wrote: »

That would be funny if it wasn't so serious.
    London, Manchester, Birmingham etc, in turmoil and you ask what is the problem??????
    All of a sudden you can hear the heads of the middle classes being pulled out of their a**h***s and the sand. Welcome to the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

mike65 wrote: »
    SangatTV give Brummie police a lift to the arrest.

Seriously, fair ****s to these guys.

Why are they not out looting with the rest of them from the "deprived" area they live in? Could it be that that they are decent people who have a bit of ****ing pride and repect both for themselves and others?

Nah, i'm surely wrong and they just don't realise that they are the poor, downtrodden "disadvantaged".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

mikemac wrote: »
    What's all this raise/raze?
    It's been going on since last night and it's a tag
    Actually I don't want to know, seems to be some inside joke shared by a few

Biggins, of all people, started it by misspelling raise/raze
    Biggins wrote: »
    I know there is probably meaning in what Sky news is saying but how exactly do you raise a public building to the ground by fire?
    Did the fire push it up out of the basement?

Now it's just as funny as a flying brick... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Sangat tv good coverage better then sky news same news every 5min..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

So your solution is that the British taxpayer should bribe these people more social welfare to stop them rioting?

There is only so much social welfare and education opportunities you can throw at them. Eventually they have to help themselves.

+1 couldnt have put it better myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone have a justin.tv for Sangat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RobitTV wrote: »
    Why isnt sky or bbc like sangat tv?

They have balls thats why!

Wondering myself. They are not even a news channel and they are just going around in a car with a camera and speaking to locals.

Sky/BBC have all the equipment and reporters but they are showing nothing and giving 'expert sociologists' air-time. Heard one earlier saying that single-parents are to blame. FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Listening to LBC at the mo (talk radio station in london), and there are alot of stories coming in of small incidents across several areas in London, some of them new spots compared to last night. Some of them small riots, some of them vigilante, and a huge visable police presence.

Advertisement