Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

A thief is a thief, but i dislike anyone who thinks one thief deserves more promotion than another.

But that's what you appear to be doing, giving out that not all the looting is tvs etc... although I cam see what your saying. Basically the media report what they believe to be the worst cases (as they should), they don't believe that robbing day to day items is quite as bad as robbing one off purchases such as electronic equipment.
    I don't agree with their assessment but I can understand why they do it, if they also mentioned people robbing day to day purchases then you'd have the odd few bleeding hearts watching who would sympatise with the looters saying things like ... Oh maybe some of them are just poor and need nappies etc ...

Ye don't have to look past this thread to see that some people will try to justify anything. You'll read rubbish about opressessed people rebelling against the system as opposed to rioting for the craic, along with others who feel the kid with the gun was maybe just a little misunderstood and the world is somehow worse off without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Police going foward sangat tv

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone have a justin.tv for Sangat?

yep, but sounds not working here either .

http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1595016032/3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Very moving from that Asian man on Sky News. He is right about what he said about these people. They have opportunities if they want to work. The man himself is an immigrant who went to England and set up his own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Very sensible man on Sky News there,even though his business has been ruined

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Stev_o wrote: »
    Anyone have a justin.tv for Sangat?

There is a justin.tv but there is no audio.

http://www.justin.tv/sangattelevision#/w/1595016032/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Dont suppose Sangat can be viewed on upc?

jd007 wrote: »

I'd like to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Sangat TV has the best coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Happyman42 wrote: »
    That would be funny if it wasn't so serious.
    London, Manchester, Birmingham etc, in turmoil and you ask what is the problem??????
    All of a sudden you can hear the heads of the middle classes being pulled out of their a**h***s and the sand. Welcome to the future.

i never asked what the problem is. honestly at this stage i dont know what youre talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Could have done with that Sangat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sangat TV should get an award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

jd007 wrote: »
    Nope, satellite only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sonic85 wrote: »
    i never asked what the problem is. honestly at this stage i dont know what youre talking about.

figures.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This is so compelling I almost considered not watching the re-run of curb your enthusiasm on TG4.

Sky going live with Sangat TV now.

EDIT: And now they're back to some more boring crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

great comment

#sangattv sky channel 847 putting the Sikh into seek and destroy. #sangat protect your gudwara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Very moving from that Asian man on Sky News. He is right about what he said about these people. They have opportunities if they want to work. The man himself is an immigrant who went to England and set up his own business.

Finally some sense! These scumbags just want to blame society. They don't realize that you have to go to work in a job you don't necessarily like for 40 hours a week in order to make money to live. They not interested in that just want social welfare handouts.
    And to be honest, after seeing some of them interviewed, they have little chance of getting a job, some of them can barely talk. Parents are to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

just to reiterate his has nothing to do with race folks.. it is at it's root the biggest degenerate all-encompassing youth culture society will ever witness. Its roots are rave and rap; fans. and it was allowed fester, funded, encouraged to breath to such a disturbing extent anyone who was born in the past two decades just thinks it's the norm and tries to fit in.

Chavvy skank culture is now not just a way of life, but the way of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Happyman42 wrote: »
    figures.

you never answered my question about whats the best way to solve this then you started banging on about the middle classes pulling their heads out of their ar$es. if you dont know what youre talking about its extremely hard for me to know.

note to self: stop feeding the trolls

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »

Nice one, I'm getting the audio on that stream, wasnt getting it with justin.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

WakeUp wrote: »
    Thats a simplistic point of view on offense intended. Im not a fan of the Police when they use needless excessive force or just be plain dickhe@ds for no apparent reason which happens quite a bit. Im a law abiding citizen I live by the rules and I respect the Police doesnt mean I like them but I respect them. Liking has nothing to do with. Here we have a situation were innocent people are being put at risk, extra force is warranted and should be used by the police and it isnt being done. All this while gangs of scumbags are out wrecking the place and beating people up. So yes by all means the Police should have gone in more heavy handed when all this kicked off and they would have been completely within their rights to do so. You wont hear me complaining about heavy handed tactics not when they are warranted and they people/scumbags on the receiving end deserve them

So who decides when its warrented. You? The decision on amount of force neccesary has to be made by the officers in a particular situation and not be questioned by a crowd of suits who havent a clue what facing a riot/violent drunk/crazed drug addict is like from the comfy surrounds of a plush boardroom after the fact. its very easy to say officer x was heavy handed in a given situation by reading reports and interviews and not give any consideration of the stress and adrenalin levels that officer is under when making a split second decision. My point is we have to give trust back to the police to do the right thing without fear of negative consequences to them selves down the line. Yes it will be exploited by a bad apple now or again but check out sky channel 501 for the alternative.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Seriously whoever picked tonight to advertise on Sangat was some genius.

Anyone see that furniture ad on sangat just there? :D

my man! thanks for linking. Sangat TV trending worldwide on twitter and justin.tv with no audio :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Was the white guy talking on Sangat just there the journalist that did the Panorama Scientology investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wondering myself. They are not even a news channel and they are just going around in a car with a camera and speaking to locals.

Sky/BBC have all the equipment and reporters but they are showing nothing and giving 'expert sociologists' air-time.

I don't know how many times in one thread this needs to be said. Sky and BBC are not showing live coverage so as not to fan the flames of the unrest. Live coverage shows the scum bags where to meet up / where the unrest is. I would imagine that this is at the request of the police too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Audio working on this link, cheers Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Our new boards.ie News channel with sound !:D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sangat-tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I want to spread some GHEE on my bread.

Advertisement