Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ghee is clarified butter btw.
    Very high smoke point.
    Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I just don't know if they were right but one thing is certain there are many parents in London who have no control over their children or else they don't care about them.

Gonna go out on a limb here and wager most of these kids dont know who their fathers are.

I dont get this, by the time theyre delivered all of this will be nearly over?

Amazon offer free next day delivery service in the Uk for may items

flash1080 wrote: »
    True that, the Brits have double standards - no problem shooting foreigners abroad, but they'd never do anything like that in their own country.

Nobody said the British police are in other countries shooting people.

what about the Brazilian De Mendezes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Happyman42 wrote: »
    figures.

TBH mate, you're speaking in riddles. Or just giving one worded sentences in reply. See above.

You're not exactly articulating what you feel the problem is and YOUR solution is. Apart from what you told me early which is give the people job schemes that will lead to actual jobs and listen to them. But again that was just a one sentence answer.

No extrapolation on this.

The UK has a very comprehensive apprenticeship scheme here which is not just aimed at trades. Lot's of opportunities in office work, retail etc.

Why aren't these kids on these schemes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Was the white guy talking on Sangat just there the journalist that did the Panorama Scientology investigation?

He was the local vicar of the area they were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    This is boards.IE incase you didnt notice Brit

Great to see there's still people about who define their Irishness by their hatred of the Brits. Get help lad :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

So your solution is that the British taxpayer should bribe these people more social welfare to stop them rioting?

There is only so much social welfare and education opportunities you can throw at them. Eventually they have to help themselves.

Problem is though education and spending cuts from the 70's and 80's were never reversed, this is the culmination of of decades of neglect and failure to tackle social issues. Anti-social behaviour is not a simple matter of scumbags causing trouble, eventually you have to look at underlying causes, I'm in no way suggesting the kids rioting are in anyway justified and most of them probably see all of this as a bit of fun but they clearly have never developed any sense of right or wrong and this is in part due to neither them nor their parents ever having a real stake in society so they've had no normal value system.

It's not about bribing them, it's about tackling inequality effectively. These kind of disturbances happen because of the rich poor divide which is massive in the UK and continues to grow. It's no surprise they're looting clothes and electronics when the focus of the UK economy in recent years has been to encourage personal debt to fuel rampant consumerism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sonic85 wrote: »
    you never answered my question about whats the best way to solve this then you started banging on about the middle classes pulling their heads out of their ar$es. if you dont know what youre talking about its extremely hard for me to know.

note to self: stop feeding the trolls

Oh right...the 'you can't debate, call them a troll' manoeuvre....excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't know how many times in one thread this needs to be said. Sky and BBC are not showing live coverage so as not to fan the flames of the unrest. Live coverage shows the scum bags where to meet up / where the unrest is. I would imagine that this is at the request of the police too.

Don't believe this for a second. The rioters know where to go anyway.
    Police stopping live coverage would be interfering with the freedom of the press.
    Also, if nothing is happening in London, why aren't they even showing police presence on quiet streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

nice shot of babestation on some sangat-tv stream

• Registered Users Posts: 26 razor69

murpho999 wrote: »
    Gotta love Kelvin McKenzie #newsnight

You obviously don't know him very well.

Read this and jump to Hillsborough Disaster. Despicable man.
    Here here McKensie is quite simply a lying c**t and I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth. JFT96

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Was the white guy talking on Sangat just there the journalist that did the Panorama Scientology investigation?
    No, he is the local vicar.

They are making a point of solidarity between different faith/ethnic communities. Doing a great job, too. A real kick in the arse to all the racists out there.

Very high smoke point.
    Would recommend.

Someone earlier mentioned it wos racist :) I nearly peed myself laughing.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Come on Sagant, show the riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Very high smoke point.
    Would recommend.
    Also makes a curry too.

A curry without ghee isn't a curry.

Shopping with dad before making a curry is embarrassing though. "You get the ghee, I'll get a knob of ginger"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jaysus, I think I know the address of that sofa factory off by heart at this stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

some tunes on 848

Did their cameras get robbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sangat best channel ever

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

me want ghee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

muff03 wrote: »
    some tunes on 848

Beats feckin' Swagger Jagger anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Police stopping live coverage would be interfering with the freedom of the press.
    Also, if nothing is happening in London, why aren't they even showing police presence on quiet streets.

Interfering with freedom of the press? It's the UK, not the USA.

Jaysus, I think I know the address of that sofa factory off by heart at this stage. :D

Are you gonna loot it? I can help ya beat up the Sikh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

butter ghee - christ Im pissin myself at the adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Oh right...the 'you can't debate, call them a troll' manoeuvre....excellent!

the words pot and kettle spring to mind. god i hope youre not a teacher or some such or else the next generation is well and truely fcuked. run along good man and take your crap elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This stupid cow on Sky News needs to shut up. Says every one of the kids probabaly has no father and thats why it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

interesting to watch name and shame on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23nameandshame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Looks like its dawn already in Birmingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Predalien wrote: »
    Problem is though education and spending cuts from the 70's and 80's were never reversed, this is the culmination of of decades of neglect and failure to tackle social issues. Anti-social behaviour is not a simple matter of scumbags causing trouble, eventually you have to look at underlying causes, I'm in no way suggesting the kids rioting are in anyway justified and most of them probably see all of this as a bit of fun but they clearly have never developed any sense of right or wrong and this is in part due to neither them nor their parents ever having a real stake in society so they've had no normal value system.

It's not about bribing them, it's about tackling inequality effectively. These kind of disturbances happen because of the rich poor divide which is massive in the UK and continues to grow. It's no surprise they're looting clothes and electronics when the focus of the UK economy in recent years has been to encourage personal debt to fuel rampant consumerism.

Well said, but it will fall on deaf ears in here and the UK. Until they have to listen at least, but then the damage will be a lot greater than a few burned businesses and stolen iWhatevers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

So what changed from the coverage early yesterday evening ? Did Sky News and BBC News suddenly both at the same time have a drastic downturn in quality live coverage for no reason at all ? Why did the Sky News chopper stop broadcasting, land and not take off again ? You think it's because editors / journalists suddenly lost their balls ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065
    Just saw this on the BBC terrible stuff. makes me blood boil. like to have a few mins with the guy who stole from the backpack of the poor lad.

Advertisement