Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

Watch bbc news online instead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Taken from
    http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23nameandshame

This Riot lover is famous ( well was on The jermey kyle show ):D
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1380102142&sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sangat for World Presidency.

My god these guys give me faith in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

Predalien wrote: »
    Problem is though education and spending cuts from the 70's and 80's were never reversed, this is the culmination of of decades of neglect and failure to tackle social issues. Anti-social behaviour is not a simple matter of scumbags causing trouble, eventually you have to look at underlying causes, I'm in no way suggesting the kids rioting are in anyway justified and most of them probably see all of this as a bit of fun but they clearly have never developed any sense of right or wrong and this is in part due to neither them nor their parents ever having a real stake in society so they've had no normal value system.

It's not about bribing them, it's about tackling inequality effectively. These kind of disturbances happen because of the rich poor divide which is massive in the UK and continues to grow. It's no surprise they're looting clothes and electronics when the focus of the UK economy in recent years has been to encourage personal debt to fuel rampant consumerism.

thats a good post. how do you go about tackling inequality though? plus it doesnt explain why every disadvantaged person isnt out rioting. its only a small percentage of people thats causing trouble. if you have 1000 people rioting and maybe 10,000 not causing any trouble and they all come from the one type of background - whats the difference? whats causing the 1000 to act like thugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

AG2R wrote: »
    7ft3.gif

Thats assault ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

AG2R wrote: »
    7ft3.gif

That was a good hit, reminds me a hit sonny bill williams out in a few years ago:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So what changed from the coverage early yesterday evening ? Did Sky News and BBC News suddenly both at the same time have a drastic downturn in quality live coverage for no reason at all ? Why did the Sky News chopper stop broadcasting, land and not take off again ? You think it's because editors / journalists suddenly lost their balls ?

I don't know what has changed, but maybe because the action now is not in London and they may have been caught out. Also they're often accused of being 'London-centric'.

Also I didn't really find last night's coverage to be quality, especially compared to what they guys on Sangat TV were/are doing.

I don't see how they can report on incidents and locations but not show pictures.
    BBC are now in live in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This is a repeat. Look out for scary west brom woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

RobitTV wrote: »
    Sangat best channel ever

When all this dies down (if ever) they're going to have to stage mock riots and invent community unrest to keep up their new found fan base.
    Oh and some cooking shows involving lots of ghee...I wonder if Nigella is free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

joshrogan wrote: »
    Just think if Sky News didn't cover the London riot's with 24/7 coverage then most likely Manchester,Birmingham,Liverpool etc wouldn't have started.

So, it's Sky News' fault now? I do agree that media attention on it has given other youths ideas, but it's not just Sky News broadcasting it. And what about all the social networks and the simple reality of all modern technologies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

can u tell me how to do that? thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55830444

Last post

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Is that female pundit on Sky News drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/GranadaReports
    County Pub in Walton firebombed. Bricks being thrown at police in South Liverpool in Smithdown Road. One report of a petrol bomb being used

EDIT:
    Ignore County Pub report - we were misled. Report of problems on Smithdown Road is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DominoDub wrote: »
    Taken from
    http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23nameandshame

This Riot lover is famous ( well was on The jermey kyle show ):D
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1380102142&sk=wall

Goroh Flow Lomax
    How can ppl in mani say there aint work with oin 4 weeks I have turn down 1 job and its more than min wage and got a new 1 and pays 15 pound an hour cum on pull the other 1 your just bloody bone idol

Quickly changes from that on Sat to "broken britain this and that, **** everyone, riot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

That portly woman who was dancing had me chortling like a loon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

edit: outdated information for tuning bbc news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I ****ing love these Sangat guys. They're absolute hereos.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

can u tell me how to do that? thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

Found on boards myself on day 1... Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That scene from sangat sums the whole thing up. He is ranting about how great of opportunities he got and that he loves Britain and wants everyone to stay away from the trouble. Whilst that fat chav is up shouting at the police.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey! whew its back! :p

Oh more ads excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

This Sangat tv guy is gonna bring a tear to my eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Anyone watching Sangat, a Sikh channel, it's worth bearing in mind a key tenet of the Sikh belief, that everyone is the same.

Fair dues to them. Real "multiculturalism", not pandering to the leeches, whatever colour they are.

And they're out there, protecting their community. All of it. Luckily this mayhem is dying off at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Fact is, most of us here probably have a better grasp of their own language than them. particularly with the arrival of txt spk but funny how this new digital age is producing bigger idiots than before. we have a new low of illiterate, vile; dim distasteful ignorant, arrogant type of youth. Demanding their elders respeck them instead, becuase un their "survival of the fittest" view they are old, weak and easy prey. and this in one of the world's supposed most idyllic 1st world habitats. kids with better etiquette in most 3rd world countries. Go figure

That's because western society doesn't place value on previous one-time virtues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

From this thread
    With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).

Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").

In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys).

In the Frequency field enter: 11954,

The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.

Toggle Polarisation to : H
    Toggle Symbol Rate to: 27500
    Toggle FEC to : 2/3

Then select the last button - Find Channels.

After a few seconds the channels should appear. The channels on this frequency should be - BBC One London, BBC Two England, BBC News 24, BBC Four, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC Three, BBC One Northern Ireland and BBC Radio Cymru.

Use the Yellow button to place a tick beside each one you wish to store and when you've finished ticking press "Select". These channels will now be stored.

You can view them by pressing the "Services" button, then 7 "Other Channels" (Other Channels is option 9 on Sky+ and Sky+ HD), use the arrow keys to move to the channel you want and press "Select".

BBC News changed transponder since that post - new settings in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

BBC News

11954 H

2/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

sonic85 wrote: »
    thats a good post. how do you go about tackling inequality though? plus it doesnt explain why every disadvantaged person isnt out rioting. its only a small percentage of people thats causing trouble. if you have 1000 people rioting and maybe 10,000 not causing any trouble and they all come from the one type of background - whats the difference? whats causing the 1000 to act like thugs

To further predalien's point, he missed out Discipline and Respect...some have it instilled at home or in school and some don't...these days the youngest mainly don't...lack of a father or an effective parent, lack of corporal punishment (yes that old chestnut)...the slap on the arse at the right age works better than buying them a lolly and hoping they'll shut up.

The whole thing is incredibly complex...to say it's one or other issue or that there are simple answers...or even that throwing more money at it, would prevent it is shortsighted. This is the culmination of failed policies (some of those being granting actual social welfare to begin with) and a very materialistic culture where you only have to sturn the TV on to see what everyone else has and what it is you "need" via adverts, music videos, celebrity reality shows, footballers wages etc etc.

Anways back to the mancs....they usually do their shoplifting when the shops are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

bbc live again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Charlton Athletic fans are protecting their local communities while chanting "No one loots us". Inspirational stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The reporter on SkyNews appears to have been attacked by some kind of primate.

Advertisement