Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone see the little scumbag jumping around in front of the cameraman and reporter there. Didnt look much older than 11 or 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Kensington wrote: »
    BBC News changed transponder since that post - new settings in bold.

Or just press the red button:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Anyone see the little scumbag jumping around in front of the cameraman and reporter there. Didnt look much older than 11 or 12.
    If that!

What the fuck is he doing out in a city centre at midnight?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

was just thinking that, little ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched the ads on Sangat.

Am I alone in not being able to eat a curry again in quite the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

He was a very young teenager... He was having a ball clowning around in front of the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

sonic85 wrote: »
    thats a good post. how do you go about tackling inequality though? plus it doesnt explain why every disadvantaged person isnt out rioting. its only a small percentage of people thats causing trouble. if you have 1000 people rioting and maybe 10,000 not causing any trouble and they all come from the one type of background - whats the difference? whats causing the 1000 to act like thugs

Inequality can never be "tackled" due to the current economic system. While someone people owe other people (or have to borrow) equality is impossible.

These people are the first opportunistic rioters or trouble makers. Basically from a lower class demographic with a terrible social structure.

Don't doubt their are plenty of these type of people in Ireland, Imagine a welfare cut of 50% or more here and Ireland would kick off too. The UK Welfare amount is actually quite small compared to Ireland.

As austerity kicks in and opportunity's lessing you could possibly find more and more of a middle class demographic getting involved in this type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is that BBC reporter, Ricky Hattons dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/gmpolice
    Looter just handed himself into a GMP station after seeing himself looting on Facebook. Officers continuing to make arrests

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He didn't even look that!

• Advertisement

I swear some of the parents of these kids should be sterilised. The police should send out the Child-catcher and arrest the parents when they come to pick the kids up.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Historical footage of feral youth on Sky news just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

As an aside, looks like Sangat is running Linux, judging by their desktop which flashes up after every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D at Sangat, class coverage, that's community spirit.

I'm laughing at the statememts of "don't turn our back on us", well "what can we do?" and the blank stares.

Closing libraries and community centres due to lack of funding isn't going to help. Whatever hope there is and I think these things will always exist, keep open libraries, boxing clubs, youth clubs and cut bureaucracy, people on 300/400k a year. Show an example.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Stev_o wrote: »
    I want to spread some GHEE on my bread.

I read that as BEARD:D
    demakinz wrote: »
    Did you see that man with the spear? That's the way too do it.

One of the other elders had a bad ass sword looks like it would do serious damage.

Watch Sangat for 15 minutes.

It'll restore your faith in humanity.

The presenter's enthusiasm is infectious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

http://twitter.com/#!/UpinderRandhawa sangat presenters' twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

mike65 wrote: »
    Hey! whew its back! :p

Oh more ads excellent

nice sofas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Some trouble earlier in Leicester. Saw a few photos on facebook of smashed shop windows, but I think it's under control now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

It's the end times. It was prophesied in the Bible that nations will fight among each other and societies will fall, that has been what has happening all this year, Egypt, most of the arab countries, libya and London it has spread to this part of the world. The world has never been as spiritually bankrupt as it is now on many levels. Nothing shocks me anymore I have heard it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sangat they tell the truth and they make their viewers feel happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I want some ghee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

On a serious note, surely this does not bode well for the UK . In less than a years time the olympic games are due to take place. Imagine these riots took place during a olympic games:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

CorkMan wrote: »
    A man has a spear.

That Sangat TV is quality stuff.

I learned that they make great sofas, and also you do not try and attack their temple or they will chop you up with swords and feed you to a big dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

It's the end times. It was prophesied in the Bible that nations will fight among each other and societies will fall, that has been what has happening all this year, Egypt, most of the arab countries, libya and London it has spread to this part of the world. The world has never been as spiritually bankrupt as it is now on many levels. Nothing shocks me anymore I have heard it all.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

The Bible...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

k.p.h wrote: »
    Inequality can never be "tackled" due to the current economic system. While someone people owe other people (or have to borrow) equality is impossible.

These people are the first opportunistic rioters or trouble makers. Basically from a lower class demographic with a terrible social structure.

Don't doubt their are plenty of these type of people in Ireland, Imagine a welfare cut of 50% or more here and Ireland would kick off too. The UK Welfare amount is actually quite small compared to Ireland.

As austerity kicks in and opportunity's lessing you could possibly find more and more of a middle class demographic getting involved in this type of thing.

the current economic system will never change so this type of situation will proably occur again. its always been the case that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

00.05 Merseyside Police are asking people to stay away from Smithdown Road in Liverpool, to the east of the city centre, as youths are "causing disorder", the BBC's Chris Eakin reports. (guardian)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

The world has never been as spiritually bankrupt as it is now on many levels. Nothing shocks me anymore I have heard it all.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ahyeahok wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/UpinderRandhawa sangat presenters' twitter

"Upinder is a well regarded within the Asian media community. Having commenced his media career in 2004 as a Radio Presenter for ‘Drive Time’ shows."

:pac: He really takes the whole "Drive Time" to a different level :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/gmpolice
    twitter_logo_normal.jpg
    gmpolice GM Police

If you have been using social networking sites to incite disorder, expect us to come knocking on your door very soon

Advertisement