Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tomorrows Daily Mirror

http://twitpic.com/63m4r3

Fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So you believe money is the answer to everything? Money has been given to countries in african for decades but look where they are now again. that is an example that money alone is not the answer to everything

That's right, and that bible you are referring to has never caused any trouble has it?

Please go away now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

Why, whats going to happen next?

Well why don't you read about it yourself and see for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Sky reporting that someone shot at the police tonight in Birmingham. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

lucozader wrote: »

That's why what been going on for the past few nights in the UK won't happen over here.

The Gardai just don't tolerate any nonsense. Rack heads and sort it out afterwards. It works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Sky Sources: Firearm discharged at police officer in Aston, Birmingham

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsBreak/status/101070617830375424

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I read it once but the ending was really predictable. 3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just heard these figures on the radio, to date...

685 Arrests
    111 charged

Late night court sessions are also being carried out.

Lets just hope now that harsh sentences are being given out rather than small fines and a slap on the wrist.

Edit

Figures apply to london only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

k.p.h wrote: »
    See the copper on BBC

" 9,10 and 11 year olds ... Hooligans and Thugs "

I didn't think kids that age could be "hooligans and thugs". No wonder this is happening what a wankbag...!!!:mad:

I didn't think they could be either but the pictures and reports proved me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

sonic85 wrote: »
    thats a good post. how do you go about tackling inequality though? plus it doesnt explain why every disadvantaged person isnt out rioting. its only a small percentage of people thats causing trouble. if you have 1000 people rioting and maybe 10,000 not causing any trouble and they all come from the one type of background - whats the difference? whats causing the 1000 to act like thugs

Of course not every disadvantaged person is out rioting but a huge amount of them are, the differences are subtle - things like parental control/environment/peers/employment/previous encounters with authority, various other things, I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers and tackling inequality is a massive challenge but Britain has been riddled with problems since Thatcher's era. The only high profile attempt to stem the tide was ASBOs but these made criminals out of kids (without a real chance of making up for their crimes, I'd personally be more in favour of some form of restorative justice) and have become a badge of honour for teens who want to look hard because of their own insecurities.

For a start the entire second level education system needs an overhaul, a simple example of one of the cuts was teachers used to get paid a small bit more to teach kids sports after school, you have to give young people the opportunity to feel part of something and for some something simple like a sports team can make a massive difference, plus why aren't they in education until at least 18? It may seem like something small but can have a huge impact. Another issue is Britain's rate of teenage pregnancy, condom's should be given out to kid's from about age 12, there's too many kids having kids basically. I'm no social expert, and don't have the answers, but if you just punish behaviour without looking deeper at the causes you get nowhere, look at the reaction to football hooliganism, it led to all football fans being dealt with by contempt by the authorities and it took a massive disaster for a change in the policy of policing football matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Ally Dick wrote: »
    She's Claudia Winkleman's mother. Talks as much sh!t as her daughter...

I didn't agree with her 'no father' opinion but, in general, she made some salient points. They weren't PC though, so I can see why some would have a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

So you believe money is the answer to everything? Money has been given to countries in african for decades but look where they are now again. that is an example that money alone is not the answer to everything

Christianity forum
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

What am I to read?

Thrill wrote: »

Maybe now, they can take the kid gloves off and finish this. let the decent people of Uk go back to their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

RobitTV wrote: »
    Sangat TV giving good advise to the people watching, and asking the best questions. :D

Just a reminder that 999 is the number to ring in an emergency.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol that guy was pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Ha ha Sangat didn't want to talk to bald guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Thrill wrote: »

Where's Darius Vassell at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Well nothing alone is the answer to everything .. And you comments before that are so scandalous I wouldn't even justify them with an answer.

Link for ya

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9002284641446868316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's right, and that bible you are referring to has never caused any trouble has it?

Please go away now!

I am just saying that the Bible has prophesied all of these things and it's happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No.

Has Run_to_da_hills Run_to_da_hills yet?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Did i just see guys with swords on Sangat??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Everyone! if you think your in trouble Call 999 For help. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hockey sticks!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I am just saying that the Bible has prophesied all of these things and it's happening now.

My 95 year old grandad prophesised this! Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

every building is "famous" :D

the guy on the mike is brilliant.

super-rush wrote: »
    Did i just see guys with swords on Sangat??

yup, they are armed to the teeth with spears and swords, ye dont fcuk with the Sikhs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Can you watch sangat online?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Hockey sticks!:eek:

I saw the hockey sticks but i could have sworn a few of the older Sikhs had swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

So much **** wrong with this is actually baffles me that you are able to type without drooling all over your keyboard.

Do the world a favour...become a lurker.

I agree with your point, but your hamfisted effort to make it makes me want to disagree on principle.

Advertisement